Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #5: Slay Ride

25 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

"Can I have some of that Wyrmsfoot for my rifle?" Aysu called, ready for action. The poison could give her the edge she needed.

OoC: I don't think the wyrmsfoot is actually in anyone's inventory at the moment, and we don't really have a lot of time to wait for item exchanges. I suggest you simply have Aysu apply it and we sort it out later.

2 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"Can I have some of that Wyrmsfoot for my rifle?" Aysu called, ready for action. The poison could give her the edge she needed.

OoC: Polaris handed you a Wyrmsfoot shortly after finding them. :wink:

Ronin applies the Crimson Wart and Wyrmsfoot to his Katana.
FRa4548.jpeg
"Time to put this thing down."
Ronin then activates his Cloaking Generator.
"I am ready."

1 hour ago, Yzalirk said:

Ronin applies the Crimson Wart and Wyrmsfoot to his Katana.

OoC: Actually this won't work. The rules specifically state that a target can only have one effect active at a time, so the consumables here would cancel each other out.

12 hours ago, Duvors said:

OoC: Actually this won't work. The rules specifically state that a target can only have one effect active at a time, so the consumables here would cancel each other out.

MM Note: Because of this I'm going to assume Ronin uses the Wyrmsfoot so as to not negate Aysu use of the poison, which I'm also going to assume she applies. If either of these assumptions are against the players wishes, please let me know and we'll retroactively correct the pre-setup for the fight.

Enson Performance Check (DC 1) - (5,2,4) - 2 Successes = Gator drawn toward Enson
Polaris Stealth Proficiency vs. Polar Gator Perception Proficiency - (5,1,1) 1 Success vs. (5,2,5,2,6) 3 Successes = No advantage gained
Ronin Stealth Proficiency vs. Polar Gator Perception Proficiency - (1,3,1,4,+1) 2 Successes vs. (6,2,3,2,4) 2 Successes  = No advantage gained
Aysu Stealth Proficiency vs. Polar Gator Perception Proficiency - (1,3,6) 1 Success vs. (4,1,6,2,2) 2 Successes = No advantage gained
Decker Stealth Proficiency vs. Polar Gator Perception Proficiency - (4,1,4) 1 Success vs. (1,6,3,5,1) 2 Successes = No advantage gained

The party all prepared moves out for the lake. Upon arrival everyone sets up in an attack formation as Enson intentionally tries to lure the large reptile to his position. White scales breach the water and begin heading for the shoreline. The eyes of the deadly predator spot the hiding heroes but it still charges recklessly forward.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

51630796515_5687eaf233_c.jpg

Round 0
Polaris Initiative Check: (4,4) 2 Successes
Enson Initiative Check: (4,1) 1 Success
Decker Initiative Check: (6) 1 Success
Aysu Initiative Check: (1,5,1) 1 Success
Ronin Initiative Check: (4,2,1,2) 1 Success

Party

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Duvors) *Mission Leader*
60 cycles old male Quo'ri
Character Points: 4/17
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Insight 1, Medicine 2, Melee Weapons 1, Religion 2, Survival 1
Spells: Healing Light, Purging Font
Credits: 20
Equipment: Void Star Hammer (+1 Melee Elemental), Utility Belt (Tool, grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Successes)
Inventory: Nanite Elixir 2x, Plasma Potion 2x

ice_bear_mech_profile.jpg Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.]  (samurai-turtle)
15 cycle old female "Chimeran" 
Character Points:  4/17
Vitality:  8/8
Velocity:  2
Strength: 
Skill:  2
Smarts:  2
Spirit:  1/1
Proficiencies: Coding 1*, Engineering 1 (+1, tool), Medicine 1 (+1, tool), Melee Weapons 1, Nature 1,  Short Range Weapons 1, 
Spells:  Elemental Evocation, 
Credits:  
Equipment: Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Utility Belt (tool) Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success, 
Inventory:  Plasma Potion (x2)

51248320975_bcf967b704_t.jpg Aysu Kundakçı (Peppermint_M)
22 Rotations Old, Female? Adopted Human.
Character Points: 3/16
Vitality: 6/6
Strength: 2
Skill: 3
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Long Range Weapons 3, Nature 1, Survival 1
Spell: Enhanced Vision
Credits: 75
Equipment:  Environment Safe Ammunition "ESA" Rifle (Calibrated Long Range, Energy deals Slowed), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Plasma Potion 2x, Essence of Glibness, Pack of Crystalline Feathers (6)

FRa4548.jpeg Ronin (Yzalirk)
[REDACTED] Male [REDACTED]
Character Points: 4/14
Velocity: 2 3
Skill: 3 4
Smarts: 3
Spirit: 0/0
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Deception 1, Melee Weapons 2, Stealth 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 10
Equipment: Cloaking Generator, Hard Light Katana (Calibrated Energy Melee Weapon, deals Slowed)
Inventory: Crimson Wart (Apply to a weapon to cause Poisoned 1 when damage is dealt (Poison) (Consumable))

DmpTTOh.png Decker DaCabe (Endgame)
24 year old male Human
Strength: 3
Skill: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 1, Short Range Weapons 2
Equipment: Whirlwind Boomerang (Standard, Elemental, Short Range Weapon), Sandblasted Cuirass (Standard Kinetic Armor), Wyrmsfoot (Apply to a weapon to cause Slow* when damage is dealt (Poison) (Consumable)), Unloaded Pistol (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon)
Inventory:

Enemy

51554753748_38705134a4_t.jpg Polar Gator *Large*
Vitality: 15/15
Strength: 4
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 4, Short Range Weapons 4, Athletics 2, Perception 2
Equipment: None
Innate: Gripping Maw (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Swiping Tail (Calibrated Kinetic Short Range Weapon), Toughened Hide (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Passive Abilities:
Feast - The Polar Gator restores 2 Vitality whenever it drops a hero to 0 Vitality
Aquatic - The Polar Gator can move through water squares unimpeded

Don't roll, don't roll, don't roll when I do this... 

OoC:

I am pretty sure I have given Decker my Whirlwind Boomerang and the Wyrmsfoot earlier. Plus the Mecha Strike would of "automatically" been equipped.

Does everyone else want me to "grab" the gator's mouth close or "grab" it by the tail? 

6 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

OoC:

Hide contents

I am pretty sure I have given Decker my Whirlwind Boomerang and the Wyrmsfoot earlier. Plus the Mecha Strike would of "automatically" been equipped.

Does everyone else want me to "grab" the gator's mouth close or "grab" it by the tail? 

MM Note: Right you are, fixed.

7 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Reveal hidden contents

OoC: The plan was for you to use your nature proficiency to assist Ronin in closing the thing's jaws. How you narrate that is up to you.

Enson will hurl a flare at the Gator in an attempt to blind it.

I think Decker tied the gator on the proficiency check, but I don't THINK that does anything. Additionally, as far as initiative go, Decker has 2 velocity, not 1.

"Risky maneuver time, guys, let's make this happen!"

Decker defends Polaris in the case that the gator retaliates.

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

I think Decker tied the gator on the proficiency check, but I don't THINK that does anything. Additionally, as far as initiative go, Decker has 2 velocity, not 1.

"Risky maneuver time, guys, let's make this happen!"

Decker defends Polaris in the case that the gator retaliates.

MM Note: I had Decker make a Stealth check to try and get an advantage on this next round's rolls, but it was unsuccessful. No one has attempted to bind the Gator yet, I don't really care who has the rope.

13 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

MILES are you ready? Let's "bear hug" this thing's mouth close. Someone better have that "rope" ready! 

/// Preparing maneuvers. 

3 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

MILES are you ready? Let's "bear hug" this thing's mouth close. Someone better have that "rope" ready! 

/// Preparing maneuvers. 

MM Note: To be clear, how is Polaris assisting? Right now the description reads that Polaris will be using their Athletics Proficiency to help "hug" the mouth of the Gator close.

7 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: To be clear, how is Polaris assisting? Right now the description reads that Polaris will be using their Athletics Proficiency to help "hug" the mouth of the Gator close.

OoC:

I am assuming Ronin /

@Yzalirk will be the one tying the mouth shut. As MILES (with Polaris) is bigger and heavier than everyone else the Gator might have some trouble opening it's mouth with MILES on top of it's jaw, plus he would be using his "arms" to help keep it closed. And maybe I am just speaking from my prospective but if someone was jumping on me, I might want to get them off of me and ignore anything else that might be going on around me. Remembering that when a person Gator Wrestle someone is holding the mouth shut before it gets tied up. I also seem to remember someone might be holding the tail as the mouth is getting tied up. Not to mention the Gator is bigger than everyone, one person might not be able to tie the mouth shut and I am guessing all they need to do is tie the end up to stop the mouth clamping. For any "checks" I thought it might be some sort of "grappling maneuver", as for "Nature checks" I guess she would use her knowledge of nature to know what to do slow it down... I don't know maybe I am interpreting things differently than you. 

If I need to do all this in some in character, we'll be it. 

1 minute ago, samurai-turtle said:

OoC:

Hide contents

I am assuming Ronin /

@Yzalirk will be the one tying the mouth shut. As MILES (with Polaris) is bigger and heavier than everyone else the Gator might have some trouble opening it's mouth with MILES on top of it's jaw, plus he would be using his "arms" to help keep it closed. And maybe I am just speaking from my prospective but if someone was jumping on me, I might want to get them off of me and ignore anything else that might be going on around me. Remembering that when a person Gator Wrestle someone is holding the mouth shut before it gets tied up. I also seem to remember someone might be holding the tail as the mouth is getting tied up. Not to mention the Gator is bigger than everyone, one person might not be able to tie the mouth shut and I am guessing all they need to do is tie the end up to stop the mouth clamping. For any "checks" I thought it might be some sort of "grappling maneuver", as for "Nature checks" I guess she would use her knowledge of nature to know what to do slow it down... I don't know maybe I am interpreting things differently than you. 

If I need to do all this in some in character, we'll be it. 

MM Note: Whomever is doing the tying, will be making a contested athletics test, unless they've got a good reasoning for it to be something else. If Polaris is assisting, simply have something stated in-character about the Nature of the Gator will suffice. For example if you were utilizing Perception:

Polaris studies the Gator perceiving whether the Gator tended to favor one side of its body vs. another perhaps to avoid an old scarred wound, thus presenting an opening to the heroes trying to grapple it.

14 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// Preparing maneuvers. 

Those Nature videos I watched better be right of how slow these things down... What was the name of those videos again, Wowing Cats ??? Does anyone remember a show about two brothers wearing special suits that gave them "creatures powers". They rode around in a mechanic turtle with a crew of three others. 

/// This might not be the best time for that. 

Right you are, MILES. 

17 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: Because of this I'm going to assume Ronin uses the Wyrmsfoot so as to not negate Aysu use of the poison, which I'm also going to assume she applies. If either of these assumptions are against the players wishes, please let me know and we'll retroactively correct the pre-setup for the fight.

OoC: No problem!  I completely forgot that multiple effects do not stack, my bad.  But in this case, as three of us are using Wyrmsfoot, does the Slowed effect itself stack?

As the gator surfaces, Ronin leaps on its back and attempts to subdue it with the rope.

2 hours ago, Yzalirk said:

OoC: No problem!  I completely forgot that multiple effects do not stack, my bad.  But in this case, as three of us are using Wyrmsfoot, does the Slowed effect itself stack?

OoC: Effects do not stack, no. And only two people are using wyrmsfoot.

51630796515_5687eaf233_c.jpg

The heroes leap at the reptile as it emerges from the frozen lake. Polaris offers her expertise in nature to point out the gator's weaknesses as Enson chucks a flare in its face, causing the creature to swing madly around. Decker protects the Chimeran while Aysu takes her first shot at the beast scoring a hit in the creature's tough exterior. Ronin spurred on by Polaris's insight tries to wrangle the beast, but miscalculates on how slick the predator's scales would be and can't seem to secure the rope around the monster's jaws. Infuriated by the hero jumping on top of it, the gator does a barrel role and chomps down on Ronin's arm leaving a nasty wound.

Round 1
Polaris Tries Something - Assist Ronin with Nature = +1 to Ronin's next Try Something action
Enson Tries Something - Enson Athletics Proficiency vs. Polar Gator's Skill Attribute - (5,4,6) 3 Successes vs. (6,3,4) 2 Successes = Polar Gator Blinded for next Turn
Decker Defends Polaris - +1 Dice to Polaris's next Defensive Combat Check
Aysu attacks Polar Gator - (3,3,3,+2) 2 Successes vs. (2,2,6) 1 Success = 1 Damage, Polar Gator Slowed for Next Three Rounds
Ronin Tries Something - Ronin Athletics Proficiency vs. Gator's Athletics Proficiency - (5,6,1,6,3) 3 Successes vs. (4,6,5,5,5) 5 Successes = Gator not bound

Polar Gator attacks Ronin - (5,1,6,1,+2) 4 Successes vs. (6,2,1,1) 1 Success = 3 Damage

Party

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Duvors) *Mission Leader*
60 cycles old male Quo'ri
Character Points: 4/17
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Insight 1, Medicine 2, Melee Weapons 1, Religion 2, Survival 1
Spells: Healing Light, Purging Font
Credits: 20
Equipment: Void Star Hammer (+1 Melee Elemental), Utility Belt (Tool, grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Successes)
Inventory: Nanite Elixir 2x, Plasma Potion 2x

ice_bear_mech_profile.jpg Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.]  (samurai-turtle)
15 cycle old female "Chimeran" 
Character Points:  4/17
Vitality:  8/8
Velocity:  2
Strength: 
Skill:  2
Smarts:  2
Spirit:  1/1
Proficiencies: Coding 1*, Engineering 1 (+1, tool), Medicine 1 (+1, tool), Melee Weapons 1, Nature 1,  Short Range Weapons 1, 
Spells:  Elemental Evocation, 
Credits:  
Equipment: Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Utility Belt (tool) Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success, 
Inventory:  Plasma Potion (x2)

51248320975_bcf967b704_t.jpg Aysu Kundakçı (Peppermint_M)
22 Rotations Old, Female? Adopted Human.
Character Points: 3/16
Strength: 2
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Long Range Weapons 3, Nature 1, Survival 1
Spell: Enhanced Vision
Credits: 75
Equipment:  Environment Safe Ammunition "ESA" Rifle (Calibrated Long Range, Energy deals Slowed), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Plasma Potion 2x, Essence of Glibness, Pack of Crystalline Feathers (6)

FRa4548.jpeg Ronin (Yzalirk)
[REDACTED] Male [REDACTED]
Vitality: 2/5
Velocity: 2 3
Skill: 3 4
Smarts: 3
Spirit: 0/0
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Deception 1, Melee Weapons 2, Stealth 1
Known Spells: None
Equipment: Cloaking Generator, Hard Light Katana (Calibrated Energy Melee Weapon, deals Slowed)
Inventory: Crimson Wart (Apply to a weapon to cause Poisoned 1 when damage is dealt (Poison) (Consumable))

DmpTTOh.png Decker DaCabe (Endgame)
24 year old male Human
Strength: 3
Skill: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 1, Short Range Weapons 2
Equipment: Whirlwind Boomerang (Standard, Elemental, Short Range Weapon), Sandblasted Cuirass (Standard Kinetic Armor), Wyrmsfoot (Apply to a weapon to cause Slow* when damage is dealt (Poison) (Consumable)), Unloaded Pistol (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon)
Inventory:

Enemy

51554753748_38705134a4_t.jpg Polar Gator *Large* *Slowed* (3 Rounds Remaining)
Vitality: 14/15
Velocity: 2 1
Strength: 4
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 4, Short Range Weapons 4, Athletics 2, Perception 2
Equipment: None
Innate: Gripping Maw (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Swiping Tail (Calibrated Kinetic Short Range Weapon), Toughened Hide (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Passive Abilities:
Feast - The Polar Gator restores 2 Vitality whenever it drops a hero to 0 Vitality
Aquatic - The Polar Gator can move through water squares unimpeded

Decker winces as he sees the gator clamp down on poor Ronin. He rushes into B3 to Defend him from further assault, seeing his critical condition.

3 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Do you just want me to tie it mouth shut

MM Note: You are allowed to try and repeat the same action as last turn. Otherwise both Polaris and Ronin can make separate attempts to secure the Gator's mouth shut.

Ronin will assist Polaris with Athletics.

Edited by Duvors