Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #5: Slay Ride

"How we gonna cross the ice flow with this nipping at us?" Decker contends. "Sigrun, do you think you can navigate around this thing? Danger avoidance, right?"

"We're not going to try crossing, we're going around. I refuse to fight this thing in an environment where it has an advantage over us."

2 hours ago, Endgame said:

"How we gonna cross the ice flow with this nipping at us?" Decker contends. "Sigrun, do you think you can navigate around this thing? Danger avoidance, right?"

51431956996_e570848a26_t.jpg
"Well we are already on the other side of the lake, that was the whole jumping iceberg to iceberg thing. Are you intending to leave this threat here?"

22 hours ago, Duvors said:

"Right, we're leaving."

All combatants flee (pending player agreement).

I am starting to think the fight is out of you. Second time you want to just leave. 

3 hours ago, Endgame said:

Maybe we should gain up on it and beat it up... 

2 hours ago, Duvors said:

"We're not going to try crossing, we're going around. I refuse to fight this thing in an environment where it has an advantage over us."

Maybe you should get one if those big robots you can ride in and fight this thing. 

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Well we are already on the other side of the lake, that was the whole jumping iceberg to iceberg thing. Are you intending to leave this threat here?"

I am starting to think they are not the sharpest tools in the shed. 

13 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I am starting to think the fight is out of you. Second time you want to just leave. 

"This may shock you, but I don't enjoy violence.  Quite frankly I've seen enough killing in my life to be rather sick of the whole thing."

NEW PLAN
Enson: Sustaining Healing - Ronin.
Decker: Try Something - Contribute to Combined Nature Check to pacify Gator
Polaris: Try Something - Contribute to Combined Nature Check to pacify Gator
Aysu: Try Something - Contribute to Combined Nature Check to pacify Gator
Ronin: Position - B2, Try Something - Contribute to Combined Nature Check to pacify Gator

OoC: Are you all willing to try this plan? Or do you want to go with fleeing?

2 hours ago, Duvors said:

NEW PLAN
Ronin: Position - B2, Try Something - Contribute to Combined Nature Check to pacify Gator

MM Note: A valid strategy, I just need an explanation from each player in how they are helping to pacify the Gator.

8 hours ago, Duvors said:

"This may shock you, but I don't enjoy violence.  Quite frankly I've seen enough killing in my life to be rather sick of the whole thing."

Well you are in a odd job for anti- killing, maybe an change of career is in order. 

7 hours ago, Duvors said:

NEW PLAN

What do you want me to do jump on it's nose and have MILES grab it's mouth close? 

/// I am not sure we are close enough to do such action quickly. 

At this point if everyone wants to run I am for it. 

OoC:

I am not sure what you expect. Basically we are in a snow field with very little to mess with. The only thing I spotted that could be some use is a rock and some plant (bush). 

Plus, from what I am reading from the other thread you don't seem really into the fights in general. And you expect us to come up with some elaborate plan to avoid the thing, when you don't have any idea yourself how to do such thing. If you have an idea, I say you or anyone else in the party speak up, because I haven't thought of anything. 

Another thing it starting to seem like the players are not totally here. Frankly I am partly trying to wait for the others to say something of what they want to do, before I chime in but now I getting into a whatever mood. Not to mention I might not be in the best mind set to keep going here. And part of me wonders if I have not saying anything would anyone noticed. I know I said it before in another thread. But I am going to try to keep going hopefully been ate at least halfway done now. And hopefully the others start to feel up to it.

MM Note: As I stated in the FAQ thread discussion, in case it wasn't clear. The party has already crossed the lake and Sigrun's sled, sled Wyrms, and supplies are within reach of the Party. I'm in agreement with @samurai-turtle though. @Endgame, @Yzalirk, @Peppermint_M, are you folks still ok to be active with the quest? I'd rather have a quest that keeps moving than one that gets dragged out. Real life stuff and health issues totally take precedent, but I want to ensure everyone is enjoying themselves and not feeling like this is an boring obligation.

"It is a big angry gator! I am happy to run and keep all my limbs and my gun!" Aysu shouted. If the danger wasn't imminent, she would have waved her rifle around, but she wanted to keep it trained on the threat.

Spoiler

OoC: Totally fine with playing still. I know I did not submit a puzzle answer (I was stumped! still trying to solve it!) and the last week I was house-sitting with no internet so my active time was shorter and on patchy phone-data. Hoem now, and happy to play. I was well aware that we had access to everything, just wanted to keep Aysu in character and firing off a few pot-shots as we ran looked like something she would do. 

MM Note: So I've seen 3 folks in favor of running and 2 up for the new plan. I'll run the round with whatever the majority consensus is in ~12hrs so we can keep things moving.

17 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: As I stated in the FAQ thread discussion, in case it wasn't clear. The party has already crossed the lake and Sigrun's sled, sled Wyrms, and supplies are within reach of the Party. I'm in agreement with @samurai-turtle though. @Endgame, @Yzalirk, @Peppermint_M, are you folks still ok to be active with the quest? I'd rather have a quest that keeps moving than one that gets dragged out. Real life stuff and health issues totally take precedent, but I want to ensure everyone is enjoying themselves and not feeling like this is an boring obligation.

OoC:  Super sorry again, I had went to the doctors and am currently taking medications for bronchitis and a sinus infection.  I haven't gotten much sleep because my ears are just constantly ringing.

Ronin activates his Cloaking Generator and decides to flee.

22 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Enjoying myself for sure! Real life issues have kept me occupied but I think I should be clear from here on out.

Decker assessed the wound on his arm, comparing the size of the gashes in his arm to the teeth of the gator. "Yeah, let's at least regroup before we get snacked on."

Decker opts to Flee.

"We do still eventually need to come back and wallop this thing, though, to fully clear the track, right? If we flee now, we could assess our situation, gather materials from elsewhere, and return to put this thing in its place. For now though... Live to fight another day, and all that."

Edited by Endgame

The party retreats further inland trying to put distance between themselves and the reptile. Decker trips as he tries to run and plunges into a deep snow bank. The gator lunges forward just as the scrapper extracts himself and makes a mad dash to catch up with the rest of the party. Fed up with the more agile pray the creature sinks back into the frozen lake, breaking up more ice chunks.

THE BATTLE IS UNSUCCESSFUL!

Round 4
Enson Flees - Athletics Proficiency Check (DC 1) - (4,1,4) 2 Successes = Enson Escapes
Decker Flees - Athletics Proficiency Check (DC 1) - (3,3,2) 0 Successes = Decker fails to Escape
Polaris Flees - Athletics Proficiency Check (DC 1) - (1,4,5) 2 Successes = Polaris Escapes
Aysu Flees - Athletics Proficiency Check (DC 1) - (4,1,4) 2 Successes = Aysu Escapes
Ronin Flees - Athletics Proficiency Check (DC 1) - (4,6,5,2) 3 Successes = Ronin Escapes

Polar Gator Moves toward Decker

Round 5
Decker Flees - Athletics Proficiency Check (DC 1) - (5,1,5) 2 Successes = Decker Escapes

Party

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Duvors) *Mission Leader*
60 cycles old male Quo'ri
Character Points: 3/16
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 1/2
Proficiencies: Insight 1, Medicine 2, Melee Weapons 1, Religion 2, Survival 1
Spells: Healing Light, Purging Font
Credits: 20
Equipment: Void Star Hammer (+1 Melee Elemental), Utility Belt (Tool, grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Successes)
Inventory: Nanite Elixir 2x, Plasma Potion 2x

ice_bear_mech_profile.jpg Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.]  (samurai-turtle)
15 cycle old female "Chimeran" 
Character Points:  3/16
Vitality:  6/8
Velocity:  2
Strength: 
Skill:  2
Smarts:  2
Spirit:  1/1
Proficiencies: Coding 1*, Engineering 1 (+1, tool), Medicine 1 (+1, tool), Melee Weapons 1, Nature 1,  Short Range Weapons 1, 
Spells:  Elemental Evocation, 
Credits:  
Equipment: Utility Belt (tool) Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success, Whirlwind Boomerang (Standard, Elemental, Short Range Weapon),
Inventory:  Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Plasma Potion (x2)

51248320975_bcf967b704_t.jpg Aysu Kundakçı (Peppermint_M)
22 Rotations Old, Female? Adopted Human.
Character Points: 2/15
Vitality: 6/6
Strength: 2
Skill: 3
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Long Range Weapons 3, Nature 1, Survival 1
Spell: Enhanced Vision
Credits: 75
Equipment:  Environment Safe Ammunition "ESA" Rifle (Calibrated Long Range, Energy), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Plasma Potion 2x, Essence of Glibness, Pack of Crystalline Feathers (6)

FRa4548.jpeg Ronin (Yzalirk)
[REDACTED] Male [REDACTED]
Character Points: 3/13
Vitality: 2/5
Strength: 1
Skill: 3
Smarts: 3
Spirit: 0/0
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Deception 1, Melee Weapons 2, Stealth 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 10
Equipment: Cloaking Generator, Hard Light Katana (Calibrated Energy Melee Weapon)
Inventory:

DmpTTOh.png Decker DaCabe (Endgame)
24 year old male Human
Character Points: 3/13
Vitality: 4/6
Strength: 3
Skill: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 1, Short Range Weapons 2
Credits: 10
Equipment: Unloaded Pistol (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Sandblasted Cuirass (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the heroes draw together on the south west corner of the lake, Sigrun starts setting up a makeshift camp in the shadow of a large snow drift.

"Come on heroes, lets bunker down. I'll get a fire going and if one of you wants a cup of hot cocoa I'll make you up a mug."

The Cricet begins to unpack a few tents and stakes the sled wyrms down. With their backs to the drift, the wind is cut significantly and soon a warm fire begins to take the chill out of everyone's bones.

"Can't blame you for retreating. That's the biggest gator I've seen in all my years. Typically they'll only get the size of your forearm, that one though could've take your whole torso off. Must be feastin' on somethin'. Breaking up the ice too. It's a mess, not one racer is going to be able to take that route this year if that monster's prowling about."

21 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Reveal hidden contents

OoC: Totally fine with playing still. I know I did not submit a puzzle answer (I was stumped! still trying to solve it!) and the last week I was house-sitting with no internet so my active time was shorter and on patchy phone-data. Hoem now, and happy to play. I was well aware that we had access to everything, just wanted to keep Aysu in character and firing off a few pot-shots as we ran looked like something she would do. 

7 hours ago, Yzalirk said:

OoC:  Super sorry again, I had went to the doctors and am currently taking medications for bronchitis and a sinus infection.  I haven't gotten much sleep because my ears are just constantly ringing.

3 hours ago, Endgame said:

Enjoying myself for sure! Real life issues have kept me occupied but I think I should be clear from here on out.

MM Note: Sorry to hear about the health issues Yzalirk, thanks for the heads up to you, Endgame, and Peppermint_M. Just want to make sure players are engaged and still enjoying themselves and aren't missing because it's a drag.

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Must be feastin' on somethin

"That is the second lot of critters that attacked us that have been eating more than they should. Ugh." Aysu thumped her rifle down. "I would love some coco now. Thank you." 

6 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"That is the second lot of critters that attacked us that have been eating more than they should. Ugh." Aysu thumped her rifle down. "I would love some coco now. Thank you." 

"Aye, either someone's feedin' a bunch or there's somethin' weird going on." Sigrun skillfully passes the cocoa to Aysu, "Careful it's hot."

51248320975_bcf967b704_t.jpg Aysu Kundakçı (Peppermint_M)
22 Rotations Old, Female? Adopted Human.
Character Points: 2/15
Vitality: 6/6
Velocity: 2 3
Strength: 2
Skill: 3 4
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Long Range Weapons 3, Nature 1, Survival 1
Spell: Enhanced Vision
Credits: 75
Equipment:  Environment Safe Ammunition "ESA" Rifle (Calibrated Long Range, Energy), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Plasma Potion 2x, Essence of Glibness, Pack of Crystalline Feathers (6)

Aysu drank the coco and smiled, the hot beverage was much appreciated. "Thanks."

Thinking a moment, Aysu asked Sigrun, "Has anything changed recently? The weather, business activities? Heck, did a garden ship crash?"

9 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

. It's a mess, not one racer is going to be able to take that route this year if that monster's prowling about."

"Maybe we can come back this way. Or you have an advantage to go take."

23 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Aysu drank the coco and smiled, the hot beverage was much appreciated. "Thanks."

Thinking a moment, Aysu asked Sigrun, "Has anything changed recently? The weather, business activities? Heck, did a garden ship crash?"

"Maybe we can come back this way. Or you have an advantage to go take."

"Oh hah, I don't race, haven't in years. Not worth the trouble if you ask me, all that fame and publicity, people always askin' you for interviews. Yeesh." Sigrun considers Aysu's inquiry. "Not a whole lot new and we Cricet tend to prefer it that way. Kristal Mining's the last big thing that came in here, apart from the dragon awhile ago. That thing scared off a bunch of the other scavengers at the time, but they weren't anything like they are now that the drake is dead."

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Can't blame you for retreating. That's the biggest gator I've seen in all my years. Typically they'll only get the size of your forearm, that one though could've take your whole torso off. Must be feastin' on somethin'. Breaking up the ice too. It's a mess, not one racer is going to be able to take that route this year if that monster's prowling about."

"Why would anyone want to take that route in the first place?  I thought the route of the race was straight from Vindkoss to the pass and then north, out of this area.  Passing through the lake seems like it would take longer than going over land."

Enson will meditate and cast Sustaining Healing on Ronin.

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Oh hah, I don't race, haven't in years. Not worth the trouble if you ask me, all that fame and publicity, people always askin' you for interviews. Yeesh." Sigrun considers Aysu's inquiry. "Not a whole lot new and we Cricet tend to prefer it that way. Kristal Mining's the last big thing that came in here, apart from the dragon awhile ago. That thing scared off a bunch of the other scavengers at the time, but they weren't anything like they are now that the drake is dead."

Yeah, I don't understand those sports interview right after the game. I mean didn't you just watch the game? What is their to ask? How were they feeling for a second? 

What else do you have besides the cocoa on your sled? 

49 minutes ago, Duvors said:

"Why would anyone want to take that route in the first place?  I thought the route of the race was straight from Vindkoss to the pass and then north, out of this area.  Passing through the lake seems like it would take longer than going over land."

Enson will meditate and cast Sustaining Healing on Ronin.

MM Note: To save time, I'll assume Enson heals everyone up to full Vitality and then restores all of his Spirit.

"The lake is usually an open flat stretch, less tricky topography to navigate. If you're racin' with sprinters, it's your quickest way to pull ahead on those that take the pass."

2 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Yeah, I don't understand those sports interview right after the game. I mean didn't you just watch the game? What is their to ask? How were they feeling for a second? 

"And then it's nothin' but people stoppin' you in the street thinking they know you." Sigrun cozies herself near the fire. "Well we've got enough fuel to keep us warm for a few days, rations for both yourselves the wyrms, the tents of course and bedding. Survival supplies like your compass, shovels, rope, snowshoes, picks, flares. Anything in particular you're after?"

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

"Hey, those have value," Decker laughs. "Granted, I'm not jealous of Sigrun one bit, I'd hate that level of attention, but when Mercury Bolton intercepted that throw right in front of the net during the 49th Championship Match? You better believe I wanted to know what was going through his head. That moment was awesome. I still can't believe they didn't just run it."

Decker stops geeking out for a moment to re-compose himself.

"Right, well..."

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"And then it's nothin' but people stoppin' you in the street thinking they know you." Sigrun cozies herself near the fire. "Well we've got enough fuel to keep us warm for a few days, rations for both yourselves the wyrms, the tents of course and bedding. Survival supplies like your compass, shovels, rope, snowshoes, picks, flares. Anything in particular you're after?"

"How soon do we have until nightfall, you think? Are we gonna have to set up camp at any point?"

Decker cracks his knuckles. "If there's a next time we tangle with that gator, I can think of a few ways we can debilitate it. Pop a flare in front of its face, blind it, tie up those stupid jaws with the rope, and whack the hell out of it."

"But we should probably keep a move on. What's next, Guffa Flats or Skelfing Wastes?"

32 minutes ago, Endgame said:

Decker cracks his knuckles. "If there's a next time we tangle with that gator, I can think of a few ways we can debilitate it. Pop a flare in front of its face, blind it, tie up those stupid jaws with the rope, and whack the hell out of it."

"But we should probably keep a move on. What's next, Guffa Flats or Skelfing Wastes?"

"The plan was to circle the lake clockwise, so the Guffa Flats would be our next stop.  But I think there are a few things i think we should deal with before we go anywhere.  Firstly, you need a ranged weapon, you're simply not durable enough to be a frontline-er.  Polaris, do you think you could lend this man your boomerang?"