Ayrlego

[Mini Challenge - September 2021] Faction Flavours! - RESULTS POSTED!!

Aim: To feature the stereotypical traits of each faction. Good natured exaggeration is encouraged. Players are encouraged to build for any faction of their choice - you are not limited to your own faction and can submit a build for as many factions as you wish.

Faction: Corrington

Speciality: Science and Education

Task: Create a small scene (licensable under the terms of the EGS as an educational property) in any Corlander settlement. Your build must:

1. Have a 16x16 footprint (with reasonable overhang/border allowed)

2. Feature some aspect of scientific study or education.

3. Include a redcoat torso (original, 2009 redux or custom all acceptable)

4. Optional: Include the following 'seed' element in as many different uses as possible: 64644 - Telescope

Faction: Eslandola

Speciality: Commerce and Trade

Task: Create a small scene (licensable under the terms of the EGS as a commercial property) in any Eslandolan settlement.

2. Feature some aspect of trade or commerce.

3. Feature at least two gold coloured elements (metallic gold or pearl gold).

4. Optional: Include the following 'seed' element in as many different uses as possible: 10169 - Sack

Faction: Oleon

Speciality: Religion and Culture

Task: Create a small scene (licensable under the terms of the EGS as a arts and culture property) in any Olean settlement.

2. Feature some aspect of culture or religion.

3. Include a bluecoat torso (original, 2015 redux or custom all acceptable)

4. Optional: Include the following 'seed' element in as many different uses as possible: 2343 - Goblet

Faction: Sea Rats:

Speciality: Craftsmanship and Cunning 

Task: Create a small scene (licensable under the terms of the EGS as a artisan property) in any Sea Rat settlement.

2. Feature some aspect of mischief.

3. Feature a Jolly Roger (AKA skull and crossbones - hidden or on open display) somewhere in the build

4. Optional: Include the following 'seed' element in as many different uses as possible: 2489 - Barrel 2x2x2

Due Date: Sunday 3 October

Rewards: The top scoring entry from each category will be awarded a new Class 3 ship licence (activated by micro-build). The faction with the highest average score will be awarded a free Class 5 ship licence (activated by micro-build).

Really excited to see what people do with this one.

[SR - Faction Flavours] Mc Blackbeard Drive-in, Sea Rats, Poppy Port

51413476255_06886a543d_b.jpgFFSR 02 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Edited by NOD

Looks to me like we got the harder seed part here...

Challenge accepted. :pir-grin:

On 8/31/2021 at 5:29 AM, Kai NRG said:

Looks to me like we got the harder seed part here...

Blame your fellow greenies, the sack was a specific suggestion from a certain Eslandolan court member!

On 8/30/2021 at 9:54 PM, NOD said:

Mc Blackbeard Drive-in, Sea Rats, Poppy Port

That was quick - love it!!

This looks neat! The 16x16 is a reasonable size to build on, opening up the contest for many people. I will try to build something!

6 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

is there a height limit?

no, go as high as you like!

And can I build a 1x1 black frame around the 16x16 moc?

Yes, a small border and reasonable overhang (from tree leaves etc) are permitted. 

General question about the challenge, is there a height limit? And can I build a 1x1 black frame around the 16x16 moc?

No height limit - you can go as high as you want!  As to the frame, I think that

On 8/29/2021 at 9:46 PM, Ayrlego said:

(with reasonable overhang/border allowed)

should definitly permit a 1x1 frame around the build :thumbup:  In fact both the entries so far have borders around the 16x16 base so I think it's safe to say that it's totally fine! :grin: :laugh:

Edited by Garmadon
Ninja'd!

18 hours ago, Garmadon said:

No height limit - you can go as high as you want!  As to the frame, I think that

Or as low as you want. To the abyss or Tartara or the underworld! 

Because that's where all the heathen factions other than Oleon should be, guarded by that new hideous robotic Cerberus introduced by the Harry Potter line! :pir-laugh:

Edited by blackdeathgr

I have an entry ready for the Eslandola faction, I'd appreciate if one of the members could suggest me a settlement in which to license the build:pir-wink:

8 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

I have an entry ready for the Eslandola faction, I'd appreciate if one of the members could suggest me a settlement in which to license the build:pir-wink:

Certainly! What type of property is it? That could influence where best to place it.

2 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Certainly! What type of property is it? That could influence where best to place it.

It's a trade office with an underground warehouse, pretty sure that works as a commerce property (?)

1 hour ago, Justsomebrix said:

It's a trade office with an underground warehouse, pretty sure that works as a commerce property (?)

It certainly does. :thumbup:   Are you looking for a settlement that is more established, just starting out, or something in between?

EDIT: All that said, Punto Sur, on the island of Maldria, is Eslandola's boom town in the New Haven Sea, so that might be the best spot.