Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[OL - FB] St. Axel Cemetery #1

Life. Death. As towns grow in size, so do the populations, as do the cemeteries and graveyards. Subjects, travelers, all die at some point. It's inevitable for everyone to pass on. As Nouveau Oleandia grows in size, so does its cemeteries. St. Axel's #1 is the first , and surely not the last, to be erected in the area. Due to the crocodiles, and the weather, burying bodies simply is not feasible. Instead, they are placed above ground.

no_cemetery_001.png

no_cemetery_002.png

Clerics to Hades maintain this cemetery, as Hades is the lord of the underworld. Here, one stands by the gate, along with an offering plate.

no_cemetery_003.png

no_cemetery_004.png

no_cemetery_005.png

Another cleric walks from further in the cemetery, and he passes a fountain dedicated to Poseidon. Not all is death here.

no_cemetery_006.png

The head cleric walks past a large mausoleum.

no_cemetery_007.png

no_cemetery_008.png

no_cemetery_009.png

You might as well pick a plot now, people are dying to get in.

OOC: I think this can be classified as a large Arts and Culture building, due to the religious aspect of it. I've been wanting to do more New Orleans inspired builds that weren't just buildings, and the cemeteries are famous, so it seemed like a good way to spice up the town.

Nice work on the wrought iron fence & gate! Interesting variety of designs within

Wow! I loved it (and I am not some kind of emo guy) :pir-tongue: The close up pics surely do this gem more justice than the first photo (where you can't clearly discern the "markings" on the graves).

Had some good laughs too with the "P" (as in eternal) parking tile!

Edited by blackdeathgr

17 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

A great idea. You’ve got my seal of approval!

Thank you, Bishop!

10 hours ago, evancelt said:

Nice work on the wrought iron fence & gate! Interesting variety of designs within

Thanks! The fence was was something I wasn't sure about, but after adding the spike piece (are they ice cream or nexo knight spears? I can never remember), it helped a lot with the flow of the build. For the tombs, technically 90%+ are all different, due to various pieces being used to give variety in color. There might be two that are identical" Maybe four? So two pairs. I wanted each to have some differentiation, even if they look the same at a glance, as a lo of funeral homes all sell the same casket.

3 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Wow! I loved it (and I am not some kind of emo guy) :pir-tongue: The close up pics surely do this gem more justice than the first photo (where you can't clearly discern the "markings" on the graves).

Had some good laughs too with the "P" (as in eternal) parking tile!

Thanks! I'm not emo either, but when you think of New Orleans/Nouveau Oleandia, then cemeteries are a big deal haha. I'm glad you enjoyed the markings. Sadly stud.o doesn't have all the printed tiles LEGO has made, because I would have loved to throw some Exo-Force ones in there and just random things.

Well-built cemetery. The workload to build so many different graves was certainly high. I much prefer to look at the fence and the wall.

Cool graveyard, with some designs for the graves. Perhaps some studded 1x1 plates could've given the ground a bit of texture? I really like the overall build though, feels very New Orleans-y (at least from what I've garnered from movies and series, never been there myself :grin: ). Perhaps some dude tripping on opium there might've been a nice homage to Easy Rider :tongue: (my dad loves that movie; a classic for sure, but a bit too dated for my taste) ?