SNIPE

LEGO 42126 ford f-150 raptor MODs and imrovments

16 hours ago, Herny007 said:

I couldn't figure out how to insert the image of my headlight design, so I just made a google site.     https://sites.google.com/view/legoraptorheadlights/home

Nice! I'm planning on building this set from my collection soon, and since I won't have the stickers, I think I'll use your solution.

The usual way to put images on here is to use an external hosting site, like Flickr or Bricksafe, and then embed the link, but what you did works too.

Edited by 2GodBDGlory

Alright, I had a little trouble with the instructions at the end, but I think I figured it out. The 4x4 V-8 Raptor is done. Instructions are at Rebrickable, and sorry about this paywall this time.

The MOD keeps all the functions of Set 42126, but adds the following:

• 4x4 with three differentials
  • V-8 engine
  • Color matched interior
  • Revised rear suspension

When I list it that way, it doesn't sound like that much, but the chassis is all redone.

The Zetros tires look great, but they do rub a little bit at slight suspension compression and full steering lock. The buggy tires work with no problems.

51617922336_dd2a22cc86_b.jpg

Suspension articulation

51618793005_ee26c1fa86_b.jpg

V-8

51617088487_9538b4e53c_b.jpg

Interior changes

51618792970_12e098f8e2_b.jpg

Final Chassis

51618154718_4caa179c73_b.jpg

Instructions available

51618579774_81551a1ef9_b.jpg

And a video if you care.

I have already started on the next MOD of this set, so stay tuned....

3 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Alright, I had a little trouble with the instructions at the end, but I think I figured it out. The 4x4 V-8 Raptor is done.

Wow, great work - this is exactly what the set should have been! Nicely done, and thanks for the great photos & video.

On 10/22/2021 at 3:32 PM, Thirdwigg said:

The Zetros tires look great, but they do rub a little bit at slight suspension compression and full steering lock. The buggy tires work with no problems.

i also put that tires n looks definitely better than the original ones...
pity for the friction that does sometime...

Edited by leonema

On 10/22/2021 at 12:43 PM, Pattspatt said:

Wow, great work - this is exactly what the set should have been! Nicely done, and thanks for the great photos & video.

Thanks, and I'm glad you like it.

On 10/23/2021 at 2:14 AM, Jundis said:

@Thirdwigg very clever Design of the floating Front diff :wink:

Yeah, I have used this idea in a lot of MOCs. It works well.

On 10/23/2021 at 12:50 PM, leonema said:

does someone have the .io n/or .lxf file for this model?

I only have some of the subbuilds (roof, doors, bed, etc.). It looks like there are some people on Rebrickable who have the whole file. Send them a note, and see if they are able to share it.

I did my usual procedure of copying a set in LBG and then stuffing in high-performance third-party electronics to this truck, and had a lot of fun! I made it work with the larger wheel covers and 81mm balloon tires, used a modified version of @Herny007's headlight design, and even added anti-roll bars front and rear because the truck kept rolling over. I got the truck up to 21km/h on the flat, and 26 downhill. Unfortunately, right after replacing the battery, it seems that my motor has blown, so I won't be able to do a formal presentation. Here's one image from before I added the motors. If any of you are curious about the mods I did, let me know and I can take some more pictures--until I take the thing fully apart, which won't be long.

800x600.jpg

I really did like the set, and it was the perfect platform to motorize like this, making for a fun, good-looking toy with a minimum of effort.

Alright, MOD number two of this set is done, and this time in the theme of one of the many silly American contributions: The sport truck. This is the F-150 SVT8.

Instructions are at Rebrickable.com

51878733745_3706bbb7c1_b.jpg

This version takes the styling themes of 42126 and turns it into a two door short cab variant, and lowers the body by 1.5 studs. The F-150 SVT8 updates the hood, front and rear bumpers, and side sills.

The F-150 SVT8 has the following features:

• Steering
  • Four Wheel Independent Suspension
  • Supercharged V-8
  • Rear Wheel Drive
  • Opening Doors, Tailgate, and Revised Hood
  • Lowered Body
  • Sport Wheels and Tires

51878091686_fcab827be0_b.jpg

51878091641_78fca59e1f_b.jpg

And the Chassis view to see the revised suspension.

51878091646_ee428a61eb_b.jpg

Video here for the functions. 

Again, you can find instructions at Rebrickable should you desire to build this.

800x565.png

I hope you like this version.

Edited by Thirdwigg

I had modified the most of the bottom end mainly because I wanted to show off the camper I made for it. With the added weight I needed MORE torque and existing mods didn't look like they would do. I added a clutch gear for 1:1 and 1:1.667 and goes to the standard differential, then to the geared hubs for a final drive of 7.56:1 and 4.536:1. I also added a manual winch and bars on the front.

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG (800×600)

800x600.JPG

Here is a video of it working:

Edited by weavil
vid link

Another MOD of mine of set 42126. This version takes the styling themes of 42126 SVT8 (above) and turns it back into a four door short bed variant. The lowered the body of 1.5 studs remains, as does the F-150 SVT8's hood, front and rear bumpers, and side sill updates.

51914295500_0ed7ca1d80_b.jpg

The F-150 SVT10 has the following features:

• Steering
  • Four Wheel Independent Suspension
  • V-10
  • Rear Wheel Drive
  • Opening Doors, Tailgate, and Revised Hood
  • Lowered Body
  • Sport Wheels and Tires

You may find instructions at Rebrickable.com

51913999334_2373978c77_b.jpg

Below you can see the chassis, and the fact that all (!) my Black 11 Liftarms are currently in use.

51913999254_021336cd72_b.jpg

And the requisite video.

Alright, I'm off to some non 42126 related projects.

1 hour ago, alpinesman said:

This MOD is fantastic. Can the rear axle be lowered ?

Thanks!

Not easily. It would require a change to the suspension design, or a change to the pickup bed.

I recently finished building 42126 set for the first time. And I was very disappointed with its appearance. As if the designer was told to finish the set not in a month, but in one day, and he was in a hurry: so many holes in the body ..., strange body shapes in some places, the use of stickers instead of real parts. I also really wanted to add detail to the appearance of the car. So for the first time I decided to modify the official set and make a safari version out of it. My main task was to make this set look good on the shelf, so only the appearance changed. Here is what I did:
1) Completely abandoned stickers. Therefore, the front of the car with the grille and headlights were completely replaced. Yes, they do not exactly repeat the design of the headlights of the latest version of the Ford F-150, but I started from those parts that I had in stock. Also, the taillights are made from real parts.
2) Closed all the holes in the body. I slightly altered almost every part of the body. I also completely closed the floor in the cabin.
3) Because I stopped using stickers, I changed the body color scheme so that it doesn't look boring
4) Added a front bumper, similar to the one used in the police version of the Ford F-150, but with additional side protection.
5) Added a stiffening frame and an upper forwarding trunk
6) Replaced the front seats and rear-view mirrors
7) leaving the original engine, I added the rest of the necessary items under the hood.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by Akassin

Using the new part in the Technic Ford Gt 4x4 can be added in the front without widening it.image.png.59737c9fa43375d2bc3aecb1e91c6eaf.png The live axle on the Raptor had good articulation but its clearance is not good does anyone know how to improve it while having look the same?