Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 22. Rumors and discussion

8 hours ago, williejm said:

I’ve bought and gifted hundreds and hundreds of CMFs, from series 1 onward, and that simply hasn’t been my experience at all.

I am happy for you and I know if my experience was average Lego would be pretty sure bankrupt by now. I don't know why I have such an overpropprtional amount of bad luck, but to me personally it is irrelevant. I also had for example a Simpsons house with 3 errors: Flander's brown beard colour went down over his lower lip down to the imaginary chin, Homer had a big gap in the mouth printing below his nose and a plate was missing. That is just not good. Most problems where in the first few serieses after Lego moved the production to China. If there was no Lego store where I get a replacement If something like that happens I would have stopped buying them.

Edited by Gorilla94

9 hours ago, williejm said:

I’ve bought and gifted hundreds and hundreds of CMFs, from series 1 onward, and that simply hasn’t been my experience at all.

Same here :laugh: ...well, almost. Once I had a faulty CMF S10 motorcycle mechanic that came with a second pair of legs :laugh_hard:

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Same here :laugh: ...well, almost. Once I had a faulty CMF S10 motorcycle mechanic that came with a second pair of legs :laugh_hard:

Where’s his paaaaants?!

I purchased 7 boxes of set 66700, which is the online 6 packs for CMF series 22.

There have been questions as to whether these are truly random or come in "Box A/Box B" where if you happen to get one of each box you get one complete set of 12 (as was the case with both the Looney Tunes and Marvel series).

Well, it appears there is a "Box A/Box B" except that somehow the Chili Costume was in 6 of my 7 boxes, and I only got one Robot Repair Tech.

I bought 4 from Amazon and then 3 from Target (I actually forgot I had ordered the first order! DUH!), and here's what I got:

Box A (3x, 1 from Amazon 2 from Target):

Wheelchair Racer
Night Protector (purple lady)
Forest Elf
Troubadour (w/ Lute)
Birdwatcher (w/ Toucan)
Chili Costume Fan

Box B 3x (2 from Amazon, 1 from Target):

Snow Guardian (w/ Dog)
Space Creature
Racoon Costume Fan
Chili Costume Fan
Figure Skating Champion
Horse & Groom (w/ Foal)

Box B-2 (1x from Amazon)

Snow Guardian (w/ Dog)
Space Creature
Racoon Costume Fan
Robot Repair Tech
Figure Skating Champion
Horse & Groom (w/ Foal)

If anyone else orders set 66700 please let us know what you get, to confirm if I happened to get random errors or not.

On 1/10/2022 at 1:54 AM, Robert8 said:

Found it on Facebook. And this seems it isn't the only one, as other people reported getting one was well

271703760_10160190970157932_200541841390

Whats the issue you guys are referring to? If that was a photo it will no longer load. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, CDM said:

Whats the issue you guys are referring to? If that was a photo it will no longer load. Thanks.

Toucan misprint. I think some have only one side of the face printed 

10 minutes ago, williejm said:

Toucan misprint. I think some have only one side of the face printed 

Got it. Thanks.

Looks like Barnes and Noble have them in stock around here. I may go hunting as Bricklink prices aren't the best at the moment.

So far, the minifigures from Series 22 I got: Wheelchair Rracer, Space Creature, Chili Costume Girl, Snow Guardian, Night Protector, Horse Keeper, Birdwatcher, Raccooon Costume Lady, and Ice Figure Skating Champion.

My favorite minifigures - Birdwatcher, Wheelchair Racer, Space Creature (Snailian), Horse Keeper, Snow Guardian. 

1.) Birdwatcher - I really like the shoulder bag, binocular in new colors. I enjoy seeing some printed details on the birdwatcher! Toucan is obviously a star.

2.) Wheelchair Racer - I mean, he is the FIRST minifigure with disabilities to be included in CMF series (yeah, I know there are other minifigures with disabilities in other sets but still…)! I love the fact that he can “hold” wheels! I like some details on him. 

3.) Snailian - I never got into alien stuff. But i never thought that I really liked this unique one.  A recolored Ladybug Lady’s headgear is clever for alien and purple Classic Space torso is a big win (of course not purple legs or arms or helmet yet). 

4.) Horse Keeper - I really don’t underand why this one is not so good. I mean, I found that she has some charms, along with a lovely foal mold. I love the pattern on her torso, just real neat. A foal is equally a star right next to toucan!

5.) Snow Guardian - Mmmm, this doesn’t look like a hardened Santa Claus at all. Probably he is protecting Ice Queen (minifigure from CMF a few years ago)’s castle from some evil force? I dunno…i will leave you to imagine something different from my own. I like snowflake pattern on shield and some new molds on this minifigure, it does have wintry vibe, just perfect timing for freezing winter in the North! Oh yes and this husky finally gets blue eyes, about time! Hooray!

5 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Wheelchair Racer - I mean, he is the FIRST minifigure with disabilities to be included in CMF series (yeah, I know there are other minifigures with disabilities in other sets but still…)! I love the fact that he can “hold” wheels! I like some details on him. 

I agree - the fact that the chair design allows the racer to hold the wheels is just perfect detailing. 

On 1/25/2022 at 10:04 PM, williejm said:

I agree - the fact that the chair design allows the racer to hold the wheels is just perfect detailing. 

It is awesome! Wish he could fully turn the wheels to race though, he gets stuck quite a lot. 

Any of our fine Aussies find these in the wild yet? They're still listed as "coming soon on 1 February 2022" on LEGO.com, but Feb 1st has come and gone.

On 2/2/2022 at 12:46 PM, Clone OPatra said:

Any of our fine Aussies find these in the wild yet? They're still listed as "coming soon on 1 February 2022" on LEGO.com, but Feb 1st has come and gone.

Replying to myself for the benefit of others, I asked our Australian Certified Stores and they said they're hoping to have the series in on Feb 8th.

Super fun waiting for these over a month after much the rest of the world, but I don't mind too much. I just want to get them eventually!

NZ finally received the shipment, and lucky to get 20% off for a sealed box.  Luckily got 3 complete sets!  Absolutely love the Robot Repair Tech, it's so good.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:46 PM, Clone OPatra said:

Local stores in NZ already received them, so stores other than the LEGO stores might have it on shelves in OZ already since logistically it should arrives in OZ earlier than NZ.

7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Replying to myself for the benefit of others, I asked our Australian Certified Stores and they said they're hoping to have the series in on Feb 8th.

Super fun waiting for these over a month after much the rest of the world, but I don't mind too much. I just want to get them eventually!

I mean, if you *will* live in the Antipodes …

On 1/25/2022 at 1:56 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

4.) Horse Keeper - I really don’t underand why this one is not so good. I mean, I found that she has some charms, along with a lovely foal mold. I love the pattern on her torso, just real neat. A foal is equally a star right next to toucan!

Agreed. She has so much charm & character. That huge grin is infectious. Great torso print. And getting another one of those hat/hair pieces is always good. And a rare medium leg color to boot! As a city builder it’s nice to have this variety in kids, but I’m sure she easily could’ve came in a farm set this summer & saved the spot for a more unusual(themes wise) pick. 

On 2/3/2022 at 8:58 PM, Pchan1983 said:

Local stores in NZ already received them, so stores other than the LEGO stores might have it on shelves in OZ already since logistically it should arrives in OZ earlier than NZ.

One might think so, but unfortunately not. Another week has passed with no sign of them this side. The wait continues!

On 2/3/2022 at 10:23 AM, Vorkosigan said:

The robot looks great on the yellow Stuntz motorcycle. :grin: 

mtVqEl9.jpeg

That is awesome! I'm converting the Moon Protector into Cold one riders.

qSC3z0F.jpg

17 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

One might think so, but unfortunately not. Another week has passed with no sign of them this side. The wait continues!

Is this delay normal? Like do you guys run about a series late normally?

14 hours ago, williejm said:

Is this delay normal? Like do you guys run about a series late normally?

Nope. I think this might be the first time we’ve had a significant delay.

1 hour ago, ChrisW said:

Nope. I think this might be the first time we’ve had a significant delay.

It’s since Australia did that new trade deal with the U.K., that will be the reason. Sorry about us. 

Not to derail this thread, but I've been wondering...what is the Moon Warrior/Night Protector supposed to be, exactly? It's a very specific look and it doesn't fit any broad fantasy or spec-fic archetype that I'm aware of. Was it a designer's unique pet project that got folded into CMF because it looked cool? I'm not complaining or anything, it's just...odd.

No one can give a definitive answer because these don't have bios anymore, but I'd say she is a dark/night elf

4 hours ago, Karalora said:

Not to derail this thread, but I've been wondering...what is the Moon Warrior/Night Protector supposed to be, exactly? It's a very specific look and it doesn't fit any broad fantasy or spec-fic archetype that I'm aware of. Was it a designer's unique pet project that got folded into CMF because it looked cool? I'm not complaining or anything, it's just...odd.

One of us here made speculation that  this Moon Warrior may be based on Warcraft (video game) character. 

On 2/12/2022 at 10:21 AM, Karalora said:

I said a while ago that she looked like a gender swapped Captain Planet with the hair and skin color. My theory is that the figure’s paying homage and is supposed to be a generic 80’s/90’s cartoon heroine. To me, she looks like someone who’d fit right in with He-Man or She-Ra. (Not that I grew up in that era with those characters mind you.) I dig the design honestly, I have most of my CMFs on display on my wall and she’ll really stand out once I make a display for my Series 22 figures.

On 2/12/2022 at 10:29 AM, Robert8 said:

No one can give a definitive answer because these don't have bios anymore

Which is a shame because those bios were all so charming and filled with interesting “lore”. I remember reading through all those bio entires on Lego.com when I was younger and thought it was so cool when I’d learn that Series X character knew of this Series Y or Z character.

Also, I think Series 22 is the fastest series I’ve completed on my own in my time Lego collecting, not including instances where I just ordered or received a complete set without feeling any packs. I got all twelve figures by the end of January, which I took a little pride in.