Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 22. Rumors and discussion

Oh boy, my order is on the way! I only ordered 6 from lego.com and, well, I hope i don’t get any duplicated minifigures…

Haven't found them in the wild yet. I'm hoping to find them at Walmart or Target soon.

Local LEGO store has them, but due to COVID won't let you feel the bags. I was free to touch everything in BAM and PAB, but couldn't touch the CMF bags. :hmpf_bad:

3 hours ago, CallMeCarbiz said:

Local LEGO store has them, but due to COVID won't let you feel the bags. I was free to touch everything in BAM and PAB, but couldn't touch the CMF bags. :hmpf_bad:

In my LEGO store, customers were not allowed to touch anything in BAM and PAB stations (but they could ask an employee for the parts they wanted) and the CMF bags were behind the counter. However, the employees had feeled and sorted a few of them for those customers who wanted specific minifigs! :sweet: They had not received many boxes though and had limited to one minifig of each kind per customer though - but I was able to get the ones I wanted!
7 more on their way from the online store, hoping I'll get duplicate animals!

I tried to get over the "feeling bags for hours" situation yesterday. Wow - I never had such  issues feeling the figs properly! Mostly because parts were compressed in plastic bags within and because some accessories were similar to others. I have had like 8 peppers and 9 raccoons in my hand. In the end I was feeling all the figs right but to be sure I took quite a few duplicates - so I spent 90 bucks; my record for CMF's so far..

But usually I regret not getting some super cool ones twice so I guess it was a good investment :pir_laugh2:
I got the explorer 3 times and already I could have even more of her cool dual molded legs! They look pretty sleek on Attack on Titan costume figures and if you change the printed hip-belt piece into an unprinted one, they look pretty cool on the comic Thanos minifigure!

Overall really useful prints and figs!

I wonder how much the pandemic affected the CMFs sales

Because a common complain with the VIDIYO Bandmates series was that you couldnt "feel" the content, which would also be true with the CMFs from Series 20 onwards

I think it depends on the individual store. Because most places I have gone they let me feel the packets. 

Managed to get my hands on these today - a great series with some amazingly detailed parts and figures. Having them ‘in hand’ often makes me reevaluate figures I have already seen online - and to that end I would say I think the Snailien is an amazingly-imagined and well-designed figure, and the Troubadour/bard is delightful in real life. My favourites though are the girl with foal, the birdwatcher, Snow Warrior and the wheelchair athlete. 

Accessory wise - I think the new toucan is sublime. For such a small part, to have triple moulding and crisp printing like that is amazing. It might just be my new favourite Lego animal (at least until I get my hands on some pesky squirrels…)

Only one downside I would say is that the raccoon costume NOT having a striped tail is odd. That is such a key part of a raccoon, and we have already seen that tail piece get printing in other figures. 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Managed to get my hands on these today - a great series with some amazingly detailed parts and figures.

You lucky! I went to a big-box store to see if they finally got some more shampoo cause now apparently there's a shampoo shortage and people are hoarding shampoo. All gone, no shampoo :hmpf_bad:; so I walked by the Lego aisle to see if these were out but it looked like they're going out of business.

13 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

You lucky! I went to a big-box store to see if they finally got some more shampoo cause now apparently there's a shampoo shortage and people are hoarding shampoo. All gone, no shampoo :hmpf_bad:; so I walked by the Lego aisle to see if these were out but it looked like they're going out of business.

Scroll back a minute … there’s a shampoo shortage?!

22 minutes ago, williejm said:

Scroll back a minute … there’s a shampoo shortage?!

Lol I guess, I've been to like five stores and the shelves are mostly empty except for teenage mutant ninja turtle shampoo. And that's just pepperoni pizza grease.

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I wonder how much the pandemic affected the CMFs sales

Because a common complain with the VIDIYO Bandmates series was that you couldnt "feel" the content, which would also be true with the CMFs from Series 20 onwards

In the San Francisco area no stores that I can find have them out to feel 

I got eight more packs today, with just one duplicate. Now I’m 10 for 12 on this series!

I’ve been really impressed by the detailing on a lot of these figures. Pretty solid series overall!

I know it’s nit very normal shopping conditions - but for those that have found boxes, have you noticed any figures that seem to have been popular / cherry picked? 
 - from my (admittedly low) sample, the ones that seemed to have been taken, by luck or choice, were the two costumed characters 🌶🦝

I don't know about in-person, but I ordered the maximum allowed quantity of 16 off LEGO.com, and wound up with 5 Repair Robots and no Snow Warriors, which seems at least mildly sus, since I know people were excited about the Snow Warrior. I still got everything else I wanted so I'm not too fussed, and I know law of averages and all, but still.

8 minutes ago, Karalora said:

I don't know about in-person, but I ordered the maximum allowed quantity of 16 off LEGO.com, and wound up with 5 Repair Robots and no Snow Warriors, which seems at least mildly sus, since I know people were excited about the Snow Warrior. I still got everything else I wanted so I'm not too fussed, and I know law of averages and all, but still.

Yeah I asked for all your Snow Warriors, sorry about that 😜

Got the six I wanted (birdwatcher, foal girl, Paralympian, forest spirit, raccoon costume, and bard), and then an extra birdwatcher with toucan, because they're very cool, and the figure can be mixed up nicely. Might do the same for the foal girl. On the fence about whether to get the chili costume.

3 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Got the six I wanted (birdwatcher, foal girl, Paralympian, forest spirit, raccoon costume, and bard), and then an extra birdwatcher with toucan, because they're very cool, and the figure can be mixed up nicely. Might do the same for the foal girl. On the fence about whether to get the chili costume.

No Snow Warrior?🥶

I guess my point is that the people packing orders at the warehouse are only human, and many of them are probably fans themselves and know which figs are the popular ones and have access to all the same resources we do for telling them apart.

44 minutes ago, Karalora said:

I guess my point is that the people packing orders at the warehouse are only human, and many of them are probably fans themselves and know which figs are the popular ones and have access to all the same resources we do for telling them apart.

It’s just to get you to buy more ;)

I ordered 6 off lego.com and I ended up getting wheelchair racer, (2x) space creatures, snow guardian, chili costume fan, and night proector. But I don’t get birdwatcher or horse keeper yet! I’m pleased with the blue-eyed husky mold! I really like wheelchair racer, snow guardian, and chili costume fan. 

Found it on Facebook. And this seems it isn't the only one, as other people reported getting one was well

271703760_10160190970157932_200541841390

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Found it on Facebook. And this seems it isn't the only one, as other people reported getting one was well

271703760_10160190970157932_200541841390

Stuff like this is the reason I would not buy a single cmf anymore if I didn't have a Lego store in the city. Had a Catman unable to stand upright, German soccer players with smeared print, Hades with the face print not in the right place... one time there was a part missing but I can't remember which figure it was. No printing at all is something new xD

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Stuff like this is the reason I would not buy a single cmf anymore if I didn't have a Lego store in the city. Had a Catman unable to stand upright, German soccer players with smeared print, Hades with the face print not in the right place... one time there was a part missing but I can't remember which figure it was. No printing at all is something new xD

I’ve bought and gifted hundreds and hundreds of CMFs, from series 1 onward, and that simply hasn’t been my experience at all.