Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 22. Rumors and discussion

4 hours ago, williejm said:

I did look at the pic and think it looked ‘different’, but I’m trying not to get my hopes up. For what it’s worth I think it’s still the same grey, but the eyes do look different from normal. Paws crossed.

(I have a blue eyed Siberian husky cross)

Only for the sake of williejm i hope it’ll be a light eyed husky. Otherwise i still hope we’ll get a grey or brown wolf and the picture made a mistake. 

2 minutes ago, Borex said:

Only for the sake of williejm i hope it’ll be a light eyed husky. Otherwise i still hope we’ll get a grey or brown wolf and the picture made a mistake. 

Dude, I’d take the wolf option :) - but at this stage I think it’s unlikely to be a stand-in.

would be weird if it’s just a straight reuse  - other than very simple animals like bat/crab/spider … not sure that’s happened in CMF before (other than chimp which as introduced in CMF)

7 hours ago, williejm said:

And on that, you need to update your signature once the toucan drops :)

You're absolutely right! I mainly like new animals, food parts and musical instruments so will have to think which are still missing!

Among the leaked pics of the Moon Warrior, there is one that caught my eye

It shows the back of the minifigure without her hairpiece. In that pic the arm prints look uneven. More interestingly, the printing in the right arm goes closer to the torso, almost reaching it. This is first time I've seem arm printing going that far into the mold

Edited by Robert8

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Among the leaked pics of the Moon Warrior, there is one that caught my eye

It shows the back of the minifigure without her hairpiece. In that pic the arm prints look uneven. More interestingly, the printing in the right arm goes closer to the torso, almost reaching it. This is first time I've seem arm printing going that far into the mold

It could be a manufacturing error. Although it may be coincidence that this leaker obtained a defect fig, it might be worrying about the potential of more mishaps. Well wait to see once we get them ourselves, if all figures are like this and if errors are more frequent this set. 

The clearer pictures make me even more excited for these! There’s something I’m interested in with every single figure in this lineup. I really only have minor criticisms, if any, and I would chalk them up to artistic differences. 

The Repair Robot is truly adorable. Nice reuse of the Welder mask, in a way that isn’t just another welder. And such a cute companion bot!

Chili Pepper Girl is rather standard food costume fare, with my only hope being that the torso has some sort of printing like the Pea Pod Girl. I like that we have another option for a milk carton print.

The Bard is exactly what I was hoping for and it exceeds my expectations. Printed coins (with likely an extra!) and the new lute element steal the show for me!

The Snow Warrior is only okay for me. I actually really like all of his parts, and he seems like an easy way to get lots of huskies. Despite all got this, he just doesn’t excite me as much as other warriors have in the past. 

I can see the arguments about the lack of excitement for the Foalkeeper. The foal is clearly the show stopper here, there’s no denying that. But the rest of her actually looks like someone I would see on a farm or even something like a petting zoo? And I quite like the hat/hairpiece, especially in this new color combo.

The Ice Dancer is a long-awaited welcome counterpart. The only thing I would change is to give him a bit more detail on his legs. The hair and torso are perfect in the way that they match the Series 4 Ice Skater. 

Probably my favorite of the bunch this time around is the Moon Warrior. I love the color choices and printing on this one. It makes me excited for a Sun Warrior in a possible future series. However, I’m not a big fan of the mold choices for the weapon and especially the hairpiece. I think I would have preferred a helmet-hair combo or at least the inclusion of a helmet to swap out the hair. Just something different than Fitness Instructor hair, something a bit more battle-ready…

The Forest Sprite is one of my top favorites. The acorn hat is really cute, as is the mushroom with the little face. I’m intrigued by textile elements, and as such I’m interested to see what the cape looks like. It seems to have the same shape as an oak leaf, which could look good on rogues and the like.

I’m loving the toucan with the Ornithologist. The clearer pictures have done her justice and show the nuances in her printing, which I think makes her a great figure overall. 

Raccoon Girl is standard animal costume fare, with the added bonus of reusing parts. The reliance on the appeal of raccoons is evident and I think it still works. We’ve definitely had more interesting animal costumes. Like the Snow Warrior, this one is one of the least exciting figures for me.

The dubbed “Snailien” is a neat and different take on the aliens that we’ve gotten before. I never thought that the bumblebee cap would be reused in such a way! I’m interested to see what is being used on its back. 

The Wheelchair Racer is everything I would expect from that kind of figure, except perhaps the new helmet mold. I did not really expect them to make a new helmet, but it’s nice to get some variety from the same old bike helmet. Overall another winner!

My Top 5 in no particular order would be the Repair Robot, Bard, Moon Warrior, Forest Sprite, and Snailien. I’m really just excited to get more non-licensed CMFs. Though I like that we’re getting them early in the year, it disappoints me to know that’s all we’ll get for the year…

24 minutes ago, telaruhn said:

round is the Moon Warrior. I love the color choices and printing on this one. It makes me excited for a Sun Warrior in a possible future series. However, I’m not a big fan of the mold choices for the weapon and especially the hairpiece. I think I would have preferred a helmet-hair combo or at least the inclusion of a helmet to swap out the hair. Just something different than Fitness Instructor hair, something a bit more battle-ready…

Maybe this hairpiece in silver/teal?

774ef969-f1ac-475b-a8eb-f76a60f73169_1.11d5b1415527fae9f92651b7b5edbb75.png

It's the only hairpiece I can think of without being a new mold

But I agree, she is the best one of the series! 

Edited by Robert8

I agree Moon Warrior needed some sort of armor or helmet on the head and not just the plain hair. The piece @Robert8 suggested works well, but I think a helmet in the shape of a crescent moon that covers her head would have looked sick.

Glad to see that the Snailien name has kicked off, I thought it was clever.

Also whats this about cmf’s not having bios anymore? I haven’t checked in ages but that always gave more personality to the figs and its odd to think the site doesn’t have them fleshed out how it used to. Those bios were definitely an exciting thing to read every time a series was revealed thats odd they’d take it out.

Edited by cosmic

The new Monkie Kid set 80032 Chang'e Moon Cake Factory has a new hairpiece in black with a crescent moon decoration. I wonder how it would look on the moon warrior?

1 hour ago, The Brick Rat said:

The new Monkie Kid set 80032 Chang'e Moon Cake Factory has a new hairpiece in black with a crescent moon decoration. I wonder how it would look on the moon warrior?

While I love fantasy as a genre - it’s my favourite - its tendency for nonsensical arms, armour and combat ruins my suspension of disbelief. The otherwise heavily armoured warrior with no head protection is a classic example of that.

I get that film studios insist on it because they’re paying loads for particular actors and want their faces to be visible on screen but in games and toys, it’s unjustified. So in answer to @The Brick Rat, neither will look good because her head will be exposed either way.

Thankfully, this being LEGO, I’ll be able to swap the Moon Warrior’s hair out for a suitable helmet.

Edited by AmperZand

Is there a list of unofficial or official names for the LEGO Minifigures Series 22 available yet? 

1 hour ago, WhiteFang said:

Is there a list of unofficial or official names for the LEGO Minifigures Series 22 available yet? 

At the moment it’s an unofficial list of names:

1.) Snow Warior

2.) Moon Warrior

3.) Bard

4.) Girl with Foal (no name)

5.) Alien (Snailian?)

6.) Forest Spriit 

7.) Chili Costume Girl

8.) Raccoon Cuostume

9.) Safety Robot

10.) Paralympic or Wheelchair Racer

11.) Jungle Explorer or Birdwatcher 

12.) Ice Figure Skater (male)

So - we are waiting for the offical reveal of both images and names. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

At the moment it’s an unofficial list of names:

1.) Snow Warior

2.) Moon Warrior

3.) Bard

4.) Girl with Foal (no name)

5.) Alien (Snailian?)

6.) Forest Spriit 

7.) Chili Costume Girl

8.) Raccoon Cuostume

9.) Safety Robot

10.) Paralympic or Wheelchair Racer

11.) Jungle Explorer or Birdwatcher 

12.) Ice Figure Skater (male)

So - we are waiting for the offical reveal of both images and names. 

Ah. Thank you very much for sharing the unofficial names. Look forward to find out the official names for this series 22. I am glad to see a traditional series again. 

On 11/24/2021 at 5:18 PM, Robert8 said:

Maybe this hairpiece in silver/teal?

774ef969-f1ac-475b-a8eb-f76a60f73169_1.11d5b1415527fae9f92651b7b5edbb75.png

It's the only hairpiece I can think of without being a new mold

But I agree, she is the best one of the series! 

If they pallet swapped the colours I could see this working, The teal skin tone is a tough one, I'm trying to look at alternative "Drow" coloured heads to see if I can work out something more DnD. 

Trying to avoid a Señor Chang moment tho. 

5bad5d982100000001c68e44.jpeg

Official looking pics available. 
husky has blue eyes

foal seems to be dark orange

chilli girl comes with bright red assymetric ‘Karen’ hairpiece

snailien backpack seems to be normal 2x2 dome piece but printed 

Yeah, Snailian is my go2 fig from this series! I want at least five.

and i want the forest sprite. That acorn hat will be eaten by the new squirrels.

strange that there wasn’t an icecream guy/gal, since city has thee of them. Funny costumes as well btw

45 minutes ago, Borex said:

strange that there wasn’t an icecream guy/gal, since city has thee of them. Funny costumes as well btw

Prepare for ice cream suit person in S23 :tongue:

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Official looking pics available. 
husky has blue eyes

foal seems to be dark orange

chilli girl comes with bright red assymetric ‘Karen’ hairpiece

Thank you for description! I now will look at offical images shortly. 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

I think it’s just a printed minifighead and not a 2x2 dome piece

I don’t see why some people hating this lovely girl with foal?

nothing plain about her and this adorable foal at all. 

I mean a plaided torso is surely nice for me to use. And a foal is a big bonus. I have no complains against this minifigure. 

23 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I don’t see why some people hating this lovely girl with foal?

nothing plain about her and this adorable foal at all. 

I mean a plaided torso is surely nice for me to use. And a foal is a big bonus. I have no complains against this minifigure. 

Well, like most of the animal as an accessory CMFs, it is a nice animal with a boring figure. To me it is a foal that comes with a girl, rather than a girl that comes with a foal. At least the body parts are more useful than some though and we get some more mid length legs.

Edited by MAB

1 hour ago, MAB said:

Well, like most of the animal as an accessory CMFs, it is a nice animal with a boring figure. To me it is a foal that comes with a girl, rather than a girl that comes with a foal. At least the body parts are more useful than some though and we get some more mid length legs.

Sure. It’s your (and others’) opinion, I get it. 

But I just think the girl is adorable paired up with foal. :) 

The girl with the foal is actually probably my favorite of the series. I like the new foal mold and I don’t yet have that hair/hat combo in any color.