Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 22. Rumors and discussion

This series looks and sounds to be more fantasy based than other recent series, which is very exciting for me! To no surprise, I’ll be getting them all regardless. 

I quite like the Worker Robot. His coloration and personality give me Wall-E vibes. Simply a different take on the robots we’ve had so far.

The Ornithologist looks like she would pair well with the Jungle Explorer. Can’t wait for a clearer picture of the toucan. Also looks like she could be reusing the pith helmet and hair combo introduced with the Paleontologist?

The Figure Skater is a welcome counterpart, and that hair is perfect for it! I was always bothered that you couldn’t place a minifigure on the display plate when they had skates on, so I’m glad to see he gets the posing parts so he can be attached to the plate while still wearing skates.

The Wheelchair Racer looks perfect, and the helmet appears to be new. The instructions make it seems like there will be a way to affix him to the display plate while in the racing chair.

I’m ambivalent about what I’ve seen so far with the Snow Warrior. I was hoping he would look more like the Ice Queen, but I do like the snowflake on the shield. Not sure if he’s meant to be historical or strictly fantasy.

I don’t think we’ve seen any pictures of anything else… but the rest of the list also sounds intriguing! Based on the description, the “forest spirit” is probably a Forest Sprite. That would be an excellent addition for fantasy fans! 

Can’t wait to see what else pops up before the official reveal, which probably won’t happen until December... 

52 minutes ago, telaruhn said:

This series looks and sounds to be more fantasy based than other recent series, which is very exciting for me!

Same here.  I usually like the few sci-fi & fantasy characters in each series, and maybe the new animal molds.  So I usually really want 3 or 4 unique figs from a series maximum.

This one we've got six figures I would consider fantasy & scifi plus two with interesting animal molds.  If the quality is there I think this will be my first time in a while I buy a case or two rather than just feeling bags and buying all the centaurs at my local store.

1 hour ago, telaruhn said:

Also looks like she could be reusing the pith helmet and hair combo introduced with the Paleontologist?

No, I don't think so. I think she wears a modern base-cap. So she seems to be a modern ornithologist rather than a "classic" adventurer from the 1920/1930s.

2 hours ago, The Reader said:

No, I don't think so. I think she wears a modern base-cap. So she seems to be a modern ornithologist rather than a "classic" adventurer from the 1920/1930s.

I think you’re right. I remember trying the pith helmet with the satchel awhile back and it doesn’t quite work - you have to rotate the hairpiece a bit off-center to allow the bag to go across the back properly. So I don’t think LEGO would use that combination.

I gotta admit, that baseball cap element is becoming the ponytail that was common to older series… not that I mind, because we could be getting that ponytail instead, it’s just been in every series since S19.

2 hours ago, Lacdaran said:

If the quality is there I think this will be my first time in a while I buy a case or two rather than just feeling bags and buying all the centaurs at my local store.

I totally get you… those centaurs had great torsos! At least they were easy to feel for :)

Of the ones we haven’t seen yet in this upcoming series, I’m probably most eager to see the Moon Warrior. Since the Snow Warrior appears to be human, I’m hoping the Moon Warrior is non-human… 

Place your bets now on the Insect Alien’s weapon - is it the same old space gun, or actually something different? 

I agree that there is too many fantasy based figures. And to me it doesn’t make sense why. There are so many other occupational based Minifigures that LEGO could do, as well as never done before done tropes. But when people can’t put a name on a Minifigure and don’t know what it is supposed to be, I think it shouldn’t be chosen.

Edited by User5346

5 hours ago, User5346 said:

I agree that there is too many fantasy based figures. And to me it doesn’t make sense why. There are so many other occupational based Minifigures that LEGO could do, as well as never done before done tropes. But when people can’t put a name on a Minifigure and don’t know what it is supposed to be, I think it shouldn’t be chosen.

Us fantasy fans have been significantly deprived in recent years.  Only 1 fantasy and 1 historical fig in series 21.  Series 20, which had four more total figures, only had 1 fantasy and 2 historical.  Series 19 similarly had just 3 fantasy related figures.  Series 18, being a costume themed series, didn't really have any, although the dragon and unicorn costumes did present some useful pieces to create fantasy minifigs.  City/town/present day fans have had the overwhelming majority of figures in the CMF line recently (and honestly since the beginning of the line, roughly half or more of the figures from each series could fit into a city/town/present day theme).  Not to mention there is an actual City theme that produces sets every single year.  Fantasy fans haven't had a proper theme in years.  Let us at least have this!  I agree that the Snow Warrior is an odd choice, but the possibilities are endless to use him and his pieces in fantasy creations/collections, and I would much prefer an odd, unique fantasy figure than yet another modern day town minifigure.

The same goes for sci-fi/space figures.  While I am not as interested in those as I am in Castle and fantasy stuff, the same things I just mentioned go for fans of Space.  There is no current Space theme.  The CMFs are the only way to get new space and sci-fi related figures for the time being.

Edit: also, the number of costumed figures is getting ridiculous.  We already had a full series of mostly costumed figures.  There is no need to have any more than 1 per series, especially with each series only containing 12 minifigs now.

Edited by Phyre

I wonder if the “snow warrior” and “moon warrior” figures are possibly foreshadowing something coming later next year. Kinda like what they’ve done before with…

S19 Monkey King ( Monkey kid )

S1 Ninja ( Ninjago)

S4 crazy scientist,Monster and Werwolf (monster fighters)

S3 Elf (lord of the rings)

And probably more. I’m not going to get my hopes up for a new fantasy theme but maybe they decided it’s time.

Moon Warrior is the one that intrigues me the most at this point. 

Promobricks didn't even mention the gender

Considering they are loooking at the leaflet without knowing the names, I hope "moon warrior" is just the best descriptive name they came up with, and the character is actually a night elf or a dark elf with a moon crest 

Spoiler

Igor Korneev - Dark Elf

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Moon Warrior is the one that intrigues me the most at this point. 

Promobricks didn't even mention the gender

Promobricks named it "Mondkriegerin", which, if my german is not too rusty, indicates a female character. :sweet:

I definitely hope she will be a dark elf / drow of some kind too!  

42 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

I wonder if the “snow warrior” and “moon warrior” figures are possibly foreshadowing something coming later next year.

Oooooh, that's such a thrilling theory! Fingers crossed...

Edited by Aurore

3 hours ago, Aurore said:

Promobricks named it "Mondkriegerin", which, if my german is not too rusty, indicates a female character. :sweet:

Correct. If it is a normally written noun (without * or : in the middle of the word, which some people are trying to establish at the moment) and ends with "-in" or "-innen" , it is definitely female.

A dark elf would be cool... If Lego goes that way I could see her having a light bluish gray skin. I mean a yellow face would not really be fitting, would it? What do you guys think?

I have to say I am confused and dissapointed by the snow warrior. I have no clue what it is supposed to be. To me it could be a random Mix of BAM-Parts... poorly chosen parts. The one thing i hoped for was that he at least had a beard piece... like the new Dumbledore one in another colour. He has good chances to become my third most disliked Cmf after the S19 carebear and S21 singer... 

Edited by Gorilla94

15 hours ago, User5346 said:

Well…some fans don’t want too amany City-based minifigures previously….

I really don’t mind “too many fantasty” or “too many City” or “too many sci-fi” stuffs.

7 hours ago, 1Panda said:

I wonder if the “snow warrior” and “moon warrior” figures are possibly foreshadowing something coming later next year. Kinda like what they’ve done before with…

S19 Monkey King ( Monkey kid )

S1 Ninja ( Ninjago)

S4 crazy scientist,Monster and Werwolf (monster fighters)

S3 Elf (lord of the rings)

And probably more. I’m not going to get my hopes up for a new fantasy theme but maybe they decided it’s time.

And diver from S19 leads to City’s Ocean Exploration subtheme, by the way. But yeah you may be right.

8 hours ago, 1Panda said:

I wonder if the “snow warrior” and “moon warrior” figures are possibly foreshadowing something coming later next year.

I had the same thought, and then dismissed it as me being overly optimistic.  If the moon knight is a dark elf or drow and these figures signal any sort of fantasy theme even remotely close to D&D then Lego can just take my money.  I'll buy like three copies of every set in the wave, and buy a bunch more as presents for nieces and nephews just to prop up the theme.

11 hours ago, Aurore said:

Oh so it is a female!

Let's wait for the pics then!

With how many wasted spots (in my opinion) there were in S19 with ordinary city figs that could have come in any of the muuultiple City sets Lego releases (which is also an evergreen theme), I say bring on a heavy focus on fantasy, which we would not get elsewhere. Fingers crossed these are fantasy minifigs!

Edited by BrickHat

3 hours ago, BrickHat said:

With how many wasted spots (in my opinion) there were in S19 with ordinary city figs that could have come in any of the muuultiple City sets Lego releases (which is also an evergreen theme), I say bring on a heavy focus on fantasy, which we would not get elsewhere. Fingers crossed these are fantasy minifigs!

Tend to agree: whilst I get that people like different things out of CMF series, I think they should have a decent proportion of archetypes and figures we wouldn’t get elsewhere, like fantasy or historical characters. I know that costume figures are clearly popular, but have to admit they are getting a wee bit ‘meh’ for me too. 

Edited by williejm

So the crescent moon on the “ moon warrior’s” shield has got me thinking the moon night could maybe be have something to do with the Ottoman Empire possibly? I did a quick search and didn’t find anything to confirm they had moons on their shields but maybe they thought people would recognize what type of character they where trying to represent.

never mind I didn’t see the 3 posts above so maybe I’m wrong 😑 

Edited by 1Panda

What immediately occured to me upon hearing "moon warrior" was a collectible minifigure concept by Alexandre Boudon, who as I understand, went on to work for TLG. The figure I am referring to can be seen here - the rightmost figure in the second row from the bottom. Several other of his concepts have popped up in the series in more or less recognizable form over the years, so this is what I'm expecting - with the addition of a shield, apparently.

Edit: Looking at that picture again the goblin in the second row from the top has a shield with a crescent moon. Hmmm...

Edited by Ardelon

Hi all,

been lurking on this thread a while but just thought that I’d pop in that when I heard the phrase moon warrior or moon knight, coupled with the fact it’s a female figure, as well as those illustrations by Alexandre Boudon defended above…

I would say it seems fairly logical we are getting a depiction of Artemis, the Greek Goddess of the hunt. That’s the only “Moon Warrior” that would have any significance.

(that’s the character drawn by Boudon in the link above)

considering there have been a few Greco-Roman style figs in the past it also makes sense thst they are adding to this lose theme.

Artemis.jpg?height=400&width=223

2 minutes ago, jonahtron said:

Hi all,

been lurking on this thread a while but just thought that I’d pop in that when I heard the phrase moon warrior or moon knight, coupled with the fact it’s a female figure, as well as those illustrations by Alexandre Boudon defended above…

I would say it seems fairly logical we are getting a depiction of Artemis, the Greek Goddess of the hunt. That’s the only “Moon Warrior” that would have any significance.

(that’s the character drawn by Boudon in the link above)

considering there have been a few Greco-Roman style figs in the past it also makes sense thst they are adding to this lose theme.

Artemis.jpg?height=400&width=223

LEGO-Collectible-Minifigures-by-Alexandr

Edited by jonahtron

2 minutes ago, jonahtron said:

I would say it seems fairly logical we are getting a depiction of Artemis, the Greek Goddess of the hunt.

I wish but the description does not sound like Artemis. Promobricks said the minifigure has a sword and a shield, which has a moon printed on it. That's why they are calling her "Moon Warrior" 

If it was Artemis, referring to her as such for a description would have been more likely

15 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I wish but the description does not sound like Artemis. Promobricks said the minifigure has a sword and a shield, which has a moon printed on it. That's why they are calling her "Moon Warrior" 

If it was Artemis, referring to her as such for a description would have been more likely

Yeah, perhaps a stretch then.

Artemis without her bow and arrow would be odd, unless somehow influenced by the DC comics character instead. 
just seems such an incongruous idea to have a moon warrior and it not be ‘THE’ moon warrior. 
sigh.

On 10/19/2021 at 10:35 AM, 1Panda said:

I’m guessing the raccoon suit will be a straight up recolor of the fox costume

I think you might be right

A YouTube channel called TalkBricks made a render and it looks really good

0.jpg

I hope she'll have medium legs

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I hope she'll have medium legs

It does look good. And yes, she’ll need medium legs indeed. 

I’ hoping to see Raccoon Costume minifigure coming up with a new tail piece. Instead of the “standard” furry tail one, it should be extended OUTWARD, similarly to a cat tail mold. Just saying. :)

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’ hoping to see Raccoon Costume minifigure coming up with a new tail piece. Instead of the “standard” furry tail one, it should be extended OUTWARD, similarly to a cat tail mold. Just saying. :)

I think you will be disappointed 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

I think you will be disappointed 

No doubt at all. If it’s still that “standard” furry tail piece is still going on, ah well, I iwll accept that.