Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 22. Rumors and discussion

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I just hope it isn't actually Santa was a warrior...   :sick: a concept like that could be one of the worst CMF ever

https://images.app.goo.gl/RewK37XJfpJJEZWGA

In this film, Santa wields two cutlasses. Regardless, I hate the idea of Santa and I hope this isn’t anything related to him. I don’t mind whether the Snow Warrior is Fantasy or Historical just as long as there is nothing Christmas attached to it.

The robot had potential. I love the robot from series 1 and his evil twin. The leaked Picture looks like a redesign of C3PO having strong social media/Lego Vidijo influence... I don't want that thing for free.

The Skater ... well... he looks like you would expect a male version of the Series 4 (?) Skater from back then to look like... That one that was already one of the weaker figures a time when they were still 2€ each.

I don't know which female figure I saw. It could be the one that comes with the horse or with the bird... in both cases it is a dissapointing one. I will only get it if the separate animal is more expensive in bricklink than the 4€-bag... and then probably give it to somebody.

Well... until now I am not very happy with that series... I hole the other figures get better ^^'

4 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

I don't know which female figure I saw

Where? Can you please post a link to where you saw it?

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I just hope it isn't actually Santa was a warrior...   :sick: a concept like that could be one of the worst CMF ever

Santa as a warrior isn’t a good idea for a kidfriendly toyfacturer i think. 

Maybe it’ll be a fantasy take on a Gengis Khan type/hobbit’s lake-town of warrior? 

Granted, the snow warrior has a white beard, but he also has a sword, shield and husky (according to Promobricks): that does not really make me think of a warrior Santa (phew!). 
But since the shield has a snowflake pattern, which sounds rater cartoonish to me, I also think it's unlikely he's going to have the rugged look of a Lake-town or Mongol character (unlike the Series 12 Hun warrior).

I'm really looking forward to photos of that series, some of the figure do sound intriguing! :moar:

Edited by Aurore

11 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

And this year, it’s only 4 CMF series, each has 12 mini figs I believe.

My point was it used to be 3 series of 16 generic unlicensed characters. Now we get just one lot of 12 per year, so there is very little discussion throughout the year about what they might be.

The licensed series might have the odd part that is interesting, but typically very little as they tend to be highly licensed character specific.

2 hours ago, User5346 said:

IG hashtag legoleaks. the poster smeared paint on top of the paper that comes with the figures and put a huge picture of the old islanders chief from the pirates theme in front of it... I think it is supposed to be funny?... In the background you see a few very weak figures that match the description of some of the rumored figures, so I guess this is the picture - of At least a modified Version- some others talked about earlier.

Edited by Gorilla94

Could the female with the toucan be a Adventure fig like Pippin Reed? Would fit in nicely with the Johnny Thunder fig we got a couple of year ago :classic:

2 hours ago, User5346 said:

https://www.picuki.com/media/2687355253239768645

The robot looks fantastic. Not sure why some are so down on it- really like that arm that can presumably hold tools inside it, that seems like the kind of mold that could be very handy in the long run. It's also a fairly unique design for a robot- almost gives me welding mask vibes with the head.

Not really in love with everything else from what we can see but I'm sure there will be a couple I'll really like. 

32 minutes ago, Lady Bone Demon said:

The robot looks fantastic. Not sure why some are so down on it- really like that arm that can presumably hold tools inside it, that seems like the kind of mold that could be very handy in the long run. It's also a fairly unique design for a robot- almost gives me welding mask vibes with the head.

Not really in love with everything else from what we can see but I'm sure there will be a couple I'll really like. 

I am in the same boat as you. That head for the robot is the Welder's mask.

33 minutes ago, Lady Bone Demon said:

really like that arm that can presumably hold tools inside it, that seems like the kind of mold that could be very handy in the long run.

That part has existed since the Agents line in 2008, though it is new in yellow/Bright Light Orange. 

A blurry fragment of an image of the “Santa Warrior”/“Snow Warrior” has appeared. Not much can be seen, but he definitely has a new hat piece (not a reuse of the ushanka, as I had speculated) in red and white with a moulded fur pattern. He also appears to be using this sword

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

5 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

A blurry fragment of an image of the “Santa Warrior”/“Snow Warrior” has appeared. Not much can be seen, but he definitely has a new hat piece (not a reuse of the ushanka, as I had speculated) in red and white with a moulded fur pattern. He also appears to be using this sword

Shield with snowflakes?

What is that minifigure?

I just can't understand what he is supposed to be... 

(Thanks for the info!)

51 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

What is that minifigure?

I just can't understand what he is supposed to be... 

(Thanks for the info!)

That Warrior Santa concept is so off the wall it makes me wonder if we are being tricked by someone with excellent photoshop/art skills?

Does the sword in that new image look like it was drawn with a colored pencil to anyone else?

Am I being too paranoid?

27 minutes ago, Lacdaran said:

That Warrior Santa concept is so off the wall it makes me wonder if we are being tricked by someone with excellent photoshop/art skills?

This is unlikely, since the image matches the Promobricks description of the figure. 

27 minutes ago, Lacdaran said:

Does the sword in that new image look like it was drawn with a colored pencil to anyone else?

I decreased the brightness on the image and reposted it, in order to better make out the details on the hat. That could be why it looks somewhat odd. 

I really hope it’s called ‘Snowflake Warrior’ 🤣🤣🤣

Printed beard but no beard piece, it seems. Whoever has the leaflet and is doing the strange leaks is having fun with us.

3 hours ago, Lacdaran said:

Am I being too paranoid?

Promobricks posted the description and it fits

But no one seems to know this archetype... I've seen people on IG and Facebook asking the same

Edit: from that image it kind of looks like a male counterpart to the series 16 ice queen?

Edited by User5346

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

But no one seems to know this archetype... I've seen people on IG and Facebook asking the same

Yeah, I don’t think Snow Warrior does exist in Norse mythology. 

I guess Ice Queen needs some soldiers to guard her castle then. 

On one hand, this series seems very disappointing. On the other, the one figure (so far) I'm interested in should be easy to ID by feel: the raccoon w/ trashcan.