Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 22. Rumors and discussion

I’m greatly pleased - a minifigure with disabilities finally emerges from CMF Series. I believe it’s a first time to see a minifigure with disability from CMF. I’m not counting Clutch Guy or Pirate Captain because they really don’t represent disabilities. 

It is great to have Paralympic minifigure! Definitely it will be one of my first minifigures from Seires 22 I will buy.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

So I guess that means the leaflet is out, how long until the whole thing leaks? The person with it has to come through haha

Oh and, the leaflet appears light blue for the series like series 17. Why?? We haven’t had red in ages.

2 hours ago, User5346 said:

Oh and, the leaflet appears light blue for the series like series 17. Why?? We haven’t had red in ages.

I would not recommend hoping for color diversity within these series. They never did purple, and they've done many yellow, blue, and green ones.

But it's still odd, because they made many colors and never reuse them. Like gray, red and dark blue

I assume The Muppet CMFs will be white, and that's why this one coulnd't be white. 

3 hours ago, User5346 said:

So I guess that means the leaflet is out, how long until the whole thing leaks? The person with it has to come through haha

Agree. Guy has to show some commitment 

He only needs to flip the leaflet and take a pic, which I assume might happen at any minute now. 

I don’t suppose someone can share a link to the instagram page because I can find it .

Even given the lack of City figures, the Bird Watcher was a must-needed cmf and the Paralympic athlete is a fun and welcome addition. The main problem with the city figs in the past is that they have been redundant and not needed, such as the firefighter and rocket scientist. 

I have sincerely missed when this kind of stimulating discussion happened every 4 months in the early days of cmf. 

About colouring of the series. Some colours don’t sell good. It’s a psychological thing. I mean collectors and lego fans will buy them anyways of course, but it also has to appeal to the impulse buyers.

I think the robot reuses the wielders helmet from series 11. 

1 hour ago, ToaIruini said:

Even given the lack of City figures, the Bird Watcher was a must-needed cmf and the Paralympic athlete is a fun and welcome addition. The main problem with the city figs in the past is that they have been redundant and not needed, such as the firefighter and rocket scientist. 

I have sincerely missed when this kind of stimulating discussion happened every 4 months in the early days of cmf. 

I display my numbered (non-liscensed CMF figs) in their own spot and I want that display to have as much variety as possible, so personally I was glad for things like the firefighter. Sure lego has done a ton of them and she didn't reinvent the wheel but there isn't another similar fig in the CMF line. 

Obviously with a theme as varied as the CMFs everyone has different opinions on what they'll like. My only dislikes in the whole series have been things that we get 2 or 3 of, surfers, skaters, etc. 

5 hours ago, 1Panda said:

I don’t suppose someone can share a link to the instagram page because I can find it .

Just search #legoleak (it is also under #legoleaks, but it has been buried under irrelevant posts). 

10 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Yeah. In the past it was 3x a year for 16 figures each time. Now, once a year for 12 figures.

Sounds like a very exciting selection! I look forward to finding out more about the forest spirit, the bard and the foal, especially, but frankly, what a wonderful selection across the board! 

I’m guessing the raccoon suit will be a straight up recolor of the fox costume but since I love foxes and raccoons I have no complaints the ones that intrigue me the most are the two warriors and the alien it’s good to see them finally realize that people want figures that aren’t easily compatible with other themes currently available like city. Not that I have a problem with that but It’s nice to have more of things we don’t have much of any more like sci-fi/historical/space/mythology and etc. the only one that’s looks and sounds boring to me is the skater.

Can we speculate about the new molds a bit.

We know the Robot and Ice Skater Guy have none. 

The Birdwatcher has 1. 

Not sure aboout the Paralympic Athlete. The helmet seems to be new. As it is the wheelchair itself.

Forest Spirit has 1 at least.

The foal is of course new as well. 

The chili costume of course must be new

From the rest:

I assume the Bard will have 2 : the lute and the headdress. 

And the other ones.... are just hard to guess

Edited by Robert8

8 hours ago, MAB said:

Yeah. In the past it was 3x a year for 16 figures each time. Now, once a year for 12 figures.

And this year, it’s only 4 CMF series, each has 12 mini figs I believe. 

33 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Not sure aboout the Paralympic Runner. The helmet seems to be new. As it is the wheelchair itself.

Wait, a “runner”? It doesn’t sound right to describe that minifigure.

31 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Can we speculate about the new molds a bit.

We know the Robot and Ice Skater Guy have none. 

The Birdwatcher has 1. 

Not sure aboout the Paralympic Runner. The helmet seems to be new. As it is the wheelchair itself.

Forest Spirit has 1 at least.

The foal is of course new as well. 

The chili costume of course must be new

From the rest:

I assume the Bard will have 2 : the lute and the headdress. 

And the other ones.... are just hard to guess

Seen the hat on the ‘Santa Warrior’ described as like the one the Durmstrangs wore in Harry Potter. If memory serves that was a reuse of the Sherpa hat from Adventurers. I’d guess that’s long out of use since those sets were out over 15 years ago, and so I’d assume a new piece there. 

I’m curious to see the insect alien - guessing there might be at least a new head part there.

5 hours ago, 1Panda said:

I’m guessing the raccoon suit will be a straight up recolor of the fox costume (…)

Yeah, I have an exactly same thought about recolor going Fox Costume Girl’s mask and, of course, tail mold. 

But i feel that the tail mold should be “updated”. I think a furry tail mold should be outward, not arranged to right or left (take a look at a cat tail mold, it’s really outward). 

The guy who posted the new dog and new squirrel moulds early today, says he also has a pic of a new "banjo" mould, but I assume he means the lute. So, I hope we'll see it soon

18 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Wait, a “runner”? It doesn’t sound right to describe that minifigure.

*Athlete 

Fixed now

Edited by Robert8

10 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Hooray! Raccoons are getting some love, all we need now is an Raccoon animal mold (I’m not looking at you, Friends).

Haha, I remember you did say that raccoon is your favorite animal! I am hoping we are closer to get a raccoon mold soon.

2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Haha, I remember you did say that raccoon is your favorite animal! I am hoping we are closer to get a raccoon mold soon.

It sure is! What about yours?

Although we did get that Llama suit minifigure and we don’t have a non-Friends mold of it :sad:

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

The guy who posted the new dog and new squirrel moulds early today, says he also has a pic of a new "banjo" mould, but I assume he means the lute. So, I hope we'll see it soon

Banjo mould would make sense for Kermit in the Muppets though …

8 minutes ago, williejm said:

Banjo mould would make sense for Kermit in the Muppets though …

Agreed on that.

16 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

It sure is! What about yours?

Although we did get that Llama suit minifigure and we don’t have a non-Friends mold of it :sad:

Mine is lion! Now I already have lion, lion Ness and their cubs as a family (in that, we call them a pride). My dream finally came true!

you make a good point!  What a shame - i guess we will wait for a few years before we get a City llama. I don’t think Friends do have a fox in mid-2010s and we have Fox Costume Girl and no non-Friends fox either. :(

5 hours ago, williejm said:

Seen the hat on the ‘Santa Warrior’ described as like the one the Durmstrangs wore in Harry Potter. If memory serves that was a reuse of the Sherpa hat from Adventurers. I’d guess that’s long out of use since those sets were out over 15 years ago, and so I’d assume a new piece there. 

While the Durmstrang Minifigs used the old Sherpa hats, the actual Durmstrang characters in the movie wore ushankas. Since there is already an ushanka piece in-production (albeit with the flaps down, rather than folded up), and considering that the descriptions are translated, I can see the "Santa Warrior" using the existing part (perhaps with white fur in place of tan?). 

3637-p1acnmknpecrb4fr5vj8lg1qs57.jpg

I just hope it isn't actually Santa was a warrior...   :sick: a concept like that could be one of the worst CMF ever