Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 22. Rumors and discussion

There’s pictures of 4 cmf figures on Instagram, they’ve been taken from the instructions 

Yellow robot with new arm 

Male skater with blonde queer eye hair 

Girl with massive wheelchair build 

can’t quite make out the fourth figure 

58 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

There’s pictures of 4 cmf figures on Instagram, they’ve been taken from the instructions 

Yellow robot with new arm 

Male skater with blonde queer eye hair 

Girl with massive wheelchair build 

can’t quite make out the fourth figure 

Love that new racing wheelchair! I think the fourth one is a birdwatcher with a new toucan bird mould sitting on the plant part 

Wow pictures!

- Took long enough but it seems the series 4 ice skater is finally getting her partner!

- Birdwatcher but seems to have..... and unprinted torso, wtf? Hope the bird mold is new 

- Robot looks kind of strange. I can't tell what the accesory is. Another robot dog?

- And the best of the bunch: the paralympic athlete! Excellent minifigure.

Can't wait to see better pictures. Whoever has this seem to have the whole leaflet

Have to admit, I quite like the reveal as a teaser - translated names always make for a bit of a guessing game! Seems like we are getting two new animal moulds, and a new instrument as well as that badass racing wheelchair. Really looking forward to finding out what a moon knight and a snow warrior are …🤣

Bard with a lute!

Insectoid Alien and Forest Spirit sound interesting as well

Could the Moon Warrior be some sort of Dark Elf?

I read a description of the Snow Warrior before the list was posted and it pretty much said is like a fighter version of Santa Claus. Something like this

Spoiler

Thumb Image - World Of Warriors Kringle Transparent PNG - 864x993 - Free  Download on NicePNG

And it says he comes with a dog

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Bard with a lute!

Insectoid Alien and Forest Spirit sound interesting as well

Could the Moon Warrior be some sort of Dark Elf?

I read a description of the Snow Warrior before the list was posted and it pretty much said is like a fighter version of Santa Claus. Something like this

Reveal hidden contents

Thumb Image - World Of Warriors Kringle Transparent PNG - 864x993 - Free  Download on NicePNG

We have such a random selection of official Lego instruments at this point - bugle, guitars, keytar, saxophone, bagpipes, pipe and lute! 

yay for an extra dog - clearly Lego designers are not cat people. 

Moon warrior might refer to a moon symbol on armour I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Better descriptions out - says it’s a husky. Fingers crossed for new colour 

LOL I was about to ask if there is any updates on Series 22 TODAY! Perfect timing to see some leaked info. :)

What a shame that we don’t have a guessing game….

But the Series 22 listing sounds so great and so random - I can’t wait!

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

LOL I was about to ask if there is any updates on Series 22 TODAY! Perfect timing to see some leaked info. :)

What a shame that we don’t have a guessing game….

But the Series 22 listing sounds so great and so random - I can’t wait!

Well I think you guessed a ‘forest fairy’, so I’m giving you a point! 
I agree - some of the odd-sounding characters seem really interesting; and it’s quite a few less ‘boring’ city characters too. 

12 minutes ago, williejm said:

Well I think you guessed a ‘forest fairy’, so I’m giving you a point! 
I agree - some of the odd-sounding characters seem really interesting; and it’s quite a few less ‘boring’ city characters too. 

Oooo, you make a point! ;)

Definitely, I agree!

I wonder if Moon Warrior could be referred to Artemis the Greek goddess of moon and huntress? It doesn’t sound like Dark Elf to me. 

This series is looking very promising so far! I’m glad there don’t seem to be too many redundant city figures apart from the costumes - it’s looking to have a decent selection of historical, fantasy, and sci fi

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I wonder if Moon Warrior could be referred to Artemis the Greek goddess of moon and huntress? It doesn’t sound like Dark Elf to me. 

But the minifigure comes with a sword and a shield. That doesn't sound like Artemis to me

But you're right about being a woman

Only with the Moon Warrior and the Forest Spirit being females, the series is even 6 vs 6, like Series 21

3 animals with 12 figs is not bad and 2 new ones and maybe one new colour :sweet:
Still was sure they would use the new sheep mould this time with a shepherd fig, but that was probably too obvious and Lego do not like that when it comes to animal moulds :tongue: 

Do we know that the moon warrior will be a fantasy/historical figure? The cmf 21 space-Cop had a shield, too

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

But the minifigure comes with a sword and a shield. That doesn't sound like Artemis to me

But you're right about being a woman

Only with the Moon Warrior and the Forest Spirit being females, the series is even 6 vs 6, like Series 21

Hmm…you make a point there.  Probably it’s just a make-up one just like Space Police from Series 21 instead of based off an actual character from mythology.

Ow this series sound so promising. Based on just the names i think i want eight of them. 

This is rather enticing! Sounds like I might actually get a full series again, and it's been a few years since I felt the desire to go for a full series! Sounds like they're finally choosing some much more different and interesting selections! 

Hahaha whoever has the leaflet is playing around nicely, what kind of image is that!? Hahah anyways, the figure skater is extremely similar to the series 4 one (don’t know if that’s good or bad) the robot is weird but the wheelchair guy is a nice idea. 
Also, in regards to the other names of characters tbh it sound kind of boring. Moon warrior? forest spirit? snow warrior? bard? Too much fantasy for my liking ehhh. Hopefully this changes when more images are out!!

Edited by User5346

Looking at the list, my first impression was that the distribution of types of characters seemed quite similar to Series 21, so I did a full breakdown of categories. Don't know if it amounts to anything, but it was interesting to me.

2 sci fi (robot and alien) (space police and alien)
2 costumes (chilli and racoon) vs 2 or 3 (pug and ladybug - could count plane girl)
3 fantastical (moon warrior, snow warrior, forest spirit) vs 1 (centaur)
1 historical (Bard with lute) vs 2 (flapper singer and Jaguar warrior)
4 modern day (Paralympic, figure skater, girl with foal, researcher) vs 4 or 5 (beekeeper, castaway, surfer, violin boy, plane outfit girl if not counted in costumes)

5 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Looking at the list, my first impression was that the distribution of types of characters seemed quite similar to Series 21, so I did a full breakdown of categories. Don't know if it amounts to anything, but it was interesting to me.

2 sci fi (robot and alien) (space police and alien)
2 costumes (chilli and racoon) vs 2 or 3 (pug and ladybug - could count plane girl)
3 fantastical (moon warrior, snow warrior, forest spirit) vs 2 (Jaguar warrior and centaur)
1 modern history? (Bard with lute) (flapper singer)
4 modern day (Paralympic, figure skater, girl with foal, researcher) vs 4 or 5 (beekeeper, castaway, surfer, violin boy, plane outfit girl if not counted in costumes)

Excuse me but Jaguar Warrior is historical. There were warriors from the Aztec Civilization, like the eagle ones featured in Series 7. (There were also Coyote Warriors).

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Oooo, you make a point! ;)

Definitely, I agree!

It could be Artemis or a dark elf. Another possibility is an Arabian knight/desert warrior. The crescent moon is a symbol commonly but not exclusively used in Islam, so could be a nod to Arabic culture without transgressing LEGO’s rule against overtly religious symbolism.

Very much looking forwards to this minifigure, the snow warrior, sylvan pixie and bard. The foal sounds cool too.

25 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Excuse me but Jaguar Warrior is historical. There were warriors from the Aztec Civilization, like the eagle ones featured in Series 7. (There were also Coyote Warriors).

Ah yes, sorry! Simply a mistake. I'll amend my list.

That makes the series less comparable, but all in all like others have said, this seems to be the best one in a while for fans of everything other than modern day.