Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 22. Rumors and discussion

According to the leaked set list for 2022, CMF S22 will be released next January

@Itaria No Shintaku Can we have the mandatory Guessing Game thread?

But this time around the real guesses are about the number of minifigures and the packaging 

VIDIYO was..... something that happened........ this year. Let's said it that way 

With VIDIYO, single character little boxes were used. Can those be introduced to the CMF theme with Series 22?

Also, now with VIDIYO out of the map, are we going back with 16 characters? 

Edited by Robert8

Oh my, finally! A regular CMF series...

I certainly hope for at least two figures with animals, such as a shepherd(ess) and someone with a baby crocodile - with normal eyes. :sweet:

It would be quite bizarre if we jump back up to 16 figures after just one regular series with 12, but, hey, this is Lego - who knows?

I'd bet either the baby croc or the sheep molds will be reused in this series 

I still think it will be 12 figures. I think by reducing the number of figures, they might be able to include printing on more surfaces/sides? As it seems like in the marvel series there was an unusually high amount of side arm/leg printing

I'm really hoping for 16 minifigures, and hopefully a bigger variety that includes a lot more non-City related figures.  The more historical and fantasy figures, the better!  But my biggest hope is that they stick with the bags and don't go to boxes, because that would be awful for most of us collectors who use the touch and feel method.

I don’t see them going to boxes, we’ve already had a number of series’ that had the bags since Vidiyo was released(which I am very grateful for). 

Edited by Vindicare

Finally, we will have regular CMF Series!

Howver, I won’t be surprised to see CMF going back to 16 minifigure slots or remaining 12 slots. 

I hope to see a recolored sheep mold (like a black one!) along with shepherd(shepherdess) genetic crocodile hunter (nod to Steve Irwin) with a baby crocodile mold (this time, with normal eyes!).

I’m very curious - I wonder if this Series 22 would be themed as 90th anniveary for Lego? For example, some classical minifigures from different past themes may make their comebacks. 

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

According to IG, a LEGO Designer hinted a Frog Costume for this series

Which account? I’m interested in checking it out myself. 

Can't believe we're already at S22! It feels like we were hearing the rumors of S1 yesterday. Can't wait to hear the rumors.

Does anyone else think that it's odd Lego hasn't used some molds from the Chinese New Year sets in CMFs? The mouse suit would be an easy sell, and they already have the mold.

I imagine it will stay at 12, and it doesn't bother me as I no longer collect them all, or display them series by series. Normally there are only 2-3 of interest to me now, going to 12 just makes the odds of them producing ones I will actually get slightly lower

Thank you very much for the information, @Robert8! :classic:

It's great that we'll get in January again a regular and unlicensed series! :thumbup:

Btw the regular and unlicensed series are the only kind of CMF series I'm interested in since I can use the there included minifigs for City and Castle.

On 8/29/2021 at 10:17 PM, Robert8 said:

I'd bet either the baby croc or the sheep molds will be reused in this series 

I think that it'll take much longer time til they use them in regular CMFs or other sets - for sure not one year after their release in these licensed sets.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:08 AM, Vindicare said:

I don’t see them going to boxes, we’ve already had a number of series’ that had the bags since Vidiyo was released(which I am very grateful for). 

I agree. Marvel CMFs came after the Vidiyo CMFs and did have bags again. The only thing which could be is that Lego will use strong paper bags instead of plastic.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:27 PM, Robert8 said:

According to IG, a LEGO Designer hinted a Frog Costume for this series

Oh, a frog costume - that would be awesome!

20 hours ago, MAB said:

I imagine it will stay at 12, and it doesn't bother me as I no longer collect them all, or display them series by series. Normally there are only 2-3 of interest to me now, going to 12 just makes the odds of them producing ones I will actually get slightly lower

Yes, for sure TLG won't go back; they'll stay with 12 minifigs per series.

With Vidiyo gone, there’s no reason to stay at 12 from what I can see. Hopefully it’s back to 16.

Frog suit sound sounds great! I’d like to see a new frog mold, I feel the current one is outdated.

5 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Frog suit sound sounds great! I’d like to see a new frog mold, I feel the current one is outdated.

I’m excited about this frog suit if it’s true! Yeah, I agree with you - this frog mold really needs some update. But not just frog mold alone, a bat mold needs some update too. 

I remember the rationale behind 12 figures being that they could make boxes of 36 with x3 of each (don't have a link handy right now, but I remember that being discussed on this forum before). If that is the case, then that would suggest they'd stick to 12, although I guess they could make boxes of 32 with x2 of each figure if they did 16 figures. However, it's better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, so I personally will assume things will stay their course.

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m excited about this frog suit if it’s true! Yeah, I agree with you - this frog mold really needs some update. But not just frog mold alone, a bat mold needs some update too. 

I couldn't agree more!!! Both Frogs and Bats are among my favourites in the Animal Kingdom.

To be honest my hopes for future cmfs are pretty low...

To me it was always about getting "special" minifigures, we would not see otherwise. Stuff like Ceasar is just great and I am more than willing to pay some money for such a figure that requires moulds that are useless otherwise... In Series 21 there was just the Aztec-Warrior that felt this way.

There were allways 14/15 out of 16 figures I really liked or loved. The one or two "ok" ones for the complete set were fine for that price...

Now the distribution between "love it" "really like it" and "ok" ones changed drastically. I especially dislike that we get more and more boring random city characters that offer nothing I could not expect from a cheap standard set figure... like the biker or firefighter from the newer serieses. The female police officer hairpiece was introduced in a city set, too. If Lego wants 4€ per figure I expect more than for 1,50€ where a skateboarder as filler is perfectly fine. With series 19's carebear and 21's Singer there were even the first figures I think are really ugly. I don't want to own them even If someone gave me the money they cost, if I pur them on my shelf. So Lego made me stop collecting complete serieses. Congratulations.

I expect not more than one cool animal suit (frog sounds great) and one cool historical/fantasy character from now on... My dream figure would be a dwarf warrior with a reprinted octagonal "stop"-shield like it was used in one Lego movie 2 set.

Edited by Gorilla94

4 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I also hope for more Brick Costume colors, although I would also prefer them not to take up slots in CMF series.

Agreed. Green Brick Costume Guy did take a place in Series 20. I think one brick costume at a time won’t hurt much. 

Unless, BAM or some set have new recolored brick costume. For example, Micro Adidas Superstar (GWP) has a black brick costume. 

2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

...Micro Adidas Superstar (GWP) has a black brick costume. 

Blue not black. Which is also in S18, isn't it?

But yes, point stands, despite extreme pedantry from me. ;)