SaperPL

Mini RC/Manual Euro Semi Truck with Free Instructions

2 minutes ago, Jayden said:

oh that's nice! when I rebuild it I will have to try adding an extra axle

Yeah, I think I need to revisit this truck for myself too when I'm done with other active projects. I did some prototypes trying to squeeze in a third motor and linear actuator on a four-axle chassis some time ago:

But it gets cumbersome to fit all of these. Maybe try building something like this, or a non-semi truck, something like the winged body etc?

I've also built a truck that had the additional motor placed after the last axle and hub was centrally positioned, so maybe I should revisit this idea here:

I had missed this MOC until today, but happy Jayden up'ed it. I really like how this MOC looks, with its features and details, at a reasonnable size and part count. Nailed it, @SaperPL!

38 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

Yeah, I think I need to revisit this truck for myself too when I'm done with other active projects. I did some prototypes trying to squeeze in a third motor and linear actuator on a four-axle chassis some time ago:

yeah i remember that project. it would be good to see a retry of it.

39 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

But it gets cumbersome to fit all of these. Maybe try building something like this, or a non-semi truck, something like the winged body etc?

I've also built a truck that had the additional motor placed after the last axle and hub was centrally positioned, so maybe I should revisit this idea here:

I saw that ages ago and would love even a stud.io file of it.

37 minutes ago, Celeri said:

I had missed this MOC until today, but happy Jayden up'ed it.

I didn't up it, saperPL did

At 2:03 in the original video you mention that adding the 24T white clutch gear reduces load able to dump. But the linear actuators from Lego already have clutches build in themselves, so no need to add it. If they reach the end or to big load they will start working (the internal clutch).

Nice small RC model!

2 hours ago, Mr Jos said:

At 2:03 in the original video you mention that adding the 24T white clutch gear reduces load able to dump. But the linear actuators from Lego already have clutches build in themselves, so no need to add it. If they reach the end or to big load they will start working (the internal clutch).

I know that the small ones do have those, but I read somewhere that the bigger ones either don't have it or tend to wear out if you overuse that. May be wrong though.

2 hours ago, Mr Jos said:

Nice small RC model!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, SaperPL said:

I know that the small ones do have those, but I read somewhere that the bigger ones either don't have it or tend to wear out if you overuse that. May be wrong though.

Where? I’ve never heard that. 

19 minutes ago, Jayden said:

Where? I’ve never heard that. 

I'm not sure. I would have to back-track my whole history of MOCs to figure it out. It could've been here, youtube, discord or my local Polish LUG forum. I'm pretty sure though that I heard it from someone more experienced in making quality MOCs that you should protect the bigger linear actuators.

I took some time off from other projects to make instructions for manual version of this semi tractor:

Rear of the tractor got some details:

yWZHL1yh.jpg

The access to steering knob when trailer is attached is through a simple but neat spoiler on double-hinged mechanism which restricts the tilt angle

bnEWgMeh.jpg

No internal fake piston engine as I wanted to make it a rigid display/playable piece without over-complicating the structure.

Free instructions on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-152433

On 7/2/2023 at 3:08 AM, Bony_em said:

looks a lot like what i did

Can you show what you mean?

On 7/2/2023 at 10:14 AM, vergogneless said:

As a fan of small scales, I loved everything I saw on this topic! :D

Thanks!

Meanwhile someone built the RC model and showed it off in a video: