SaperPL

Mini RC Euro Semi Truck Chassis with Free Instructions

I started playing around with the idea of European style semi truck again. I built a prototype to test the chassis design with motors side by side. The core idea here is that both motors are oriented towards back so you can put the medium Technic frame on top of them as well as have cables managed up front.

source.gif

source.gif

Prototype showcase:

It'll take some time before I'll finish the whole semi truck build, but I prepared the instructions for the chassis so you can build it. Instructions are available for free on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-86118

Sneak peek of the instructions:

FFZOslrm.png UAogdMrm.png dMCJth9m.png lI2Noyim.png

On 8/29/2021 at 6:08 PM, GerritvdG said:

Nice, thanks for sharing. Neat compact solution!

Thanks!

Meanwhile I managed to make instructions for PF/buwizz version of this chassis. I'm preparing this for my upcoming Semi model to be available for both PU and PF configurations.

I have not built this physically so proceed with caution, but I made it according to my knowledge. Inspect the instructions and make some prototype before making orders based on this.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-86691

z0INUarh.png

Aue2QFgh.png

4JAjqLbh.png

Sneak peek of the instructions:

RPCboJsm.png wNpUD8Tm.png PYkL7URm.png LM0nLysm.png

Edited by SaperPL

17 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

Just a tease of the upcoming complete model:

Brilliant & inspiring work!

On 9/8/2021 at 9:49 PM, suffocation said:

Brilliant & inspiring work!

12 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

Super compact. Almost could turn it into a stock class for rig and roll racing... seriously very cool and well planned out.

3 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

Very compact and clean! Great work!

Thanks guys!

It would be awesome if others picked up this chassis for a build of his own semi (your own cab and trailer design).

Another tease, this time the back with some quickly made fifth wheel/trailer hitch:

3GIKJTPh.jpg

Would you be interested in a kit version of this from https://buildamoc.com/ (the instruction would still be available for free)?
If that's a yes, then would this be a semi only (you design your own trailer) or you'd rather have it with whole set for the trailer at similar level of quality?

I made the test to validate the PF version and option to go without the new two-piece differential