I had not built something mine since a long time and I started again with hard things. These are tatra axles with ackerman steering and perfect geometry, I achieved this because the two drive axles do not match the steering parts but the price I have to pay is unestable wheels and having to put the transmission up. I always had used only one drive axle but these wheels allow me more distance between them so I am trying. The red gears are for the transmission, it has rubber suspensions but it is only a tatra WIP so everything can change and I already have seen things to improve. The rear axles are very easy to do so I let them for the end. My others Tatras was smallers but the steering system was similar so being bigger this one I think it will work too or not here it is the fun :laugh: .

MP30p2U.jpg

SzvHn1O.jpg

ffb07n5.jpg

J5rGlwc.jpg

IMHO this buggy tires are perfect for Tatras. Looking forward :thumbup:

1 hour ago, 1gor said:

IMHO this buggy tires are perfect for Tatras. Looking forward :thumbup:

They still are a bit wide but they are better than the others we have.

1 hour ago, Mechbuilds said:

Interesting way of connecting the wheel hubs. Gotta keep checking up on this project. Cool stuff!

My favorite part of building is looking for the best way to do it small things and putting together them and I just have had an idea I will have to try just now :laugh: .

it goes well, what I don't like about some of these vehicles is that they have crooked wheels

2 hours ago, Bony_em said:
it goes well, what I don't like about some of these vehicles is that they have crooked wheels

Are you refering to the angle of the axles or the misaligned wheels?.

1 hour ago, Bony_em said:
misaligned wheels ..

Ok, I hate them too that is why I do my tatras with aligned wheels even despide loosing realism. 

More changes, I put the steering down and I am using springs maybe a bit harder ones be better, I thought I will have more room betwwen the second and third axles for the motors but it is what we have for now... I always could change the model of tatra searching for more space free. The good part is that the axles itselfs are very strong so I can do a lighter body.

ZwkFGwo.jpg

wfiMVJ4.jpg

xKHz0CH.jpg

gu6gupy.jpg

That is why the more I build the less pieces I use... I had an idea that changed everything, to put the axles inside a small frame and I had to use it... Now it is stronger and lighter, it was a very good idea I think. It is true that now the steering is up again but the drive axle is centrate so I would need much less gears for the trasmission and I have much more space for the springs. I just have seen that I have black gear that can be eliminate from the steering, another piece less :laugh: .

l5rHmze.jpg

2rsoXgz.jpg

lCY3vrr.jpg

Edited by jorgeopesi

That is much better :thumbup:

I'm waiting for 30 dark bluish gray liftarms 1 x 5 thin with axle hole at both ends to make smaller and stiffer axles for my SynTrac

14 minutes ago, 1gor said:

That is much better :thumbup:

I'm waiting for 30 dark bluish gray liftarms 1 x 5 thin with axle hole at both ends to make smaller and stiffer axles for my SynTrac

They are as useful as fragile, use them in the final MOC avoid them while the WIP MOC because they broke easily and they are expensive, I use the ones without axle hole and axles with stop all I can.

1 minute ago, jorgeopesi said:

They are as useful as fragile, use them in the final MOC avoid them while the WIP MOC because they broke easily and they are expensive, I use the ones without axle hole and axles with stop all I can.

That is why I use them once and have few damaged for 'testing' purposes...

This is what can only be seen when you phisically build... I thought my steering was poor but in fact it is too much for the joints, so I have to do slower the steering and put a stop in it like Lego usually does. Another point is the motors... I would like to put them lower but this Tatra configuration does not allow to me to do it because the distance betwwen wheels is not enough, now I have distance of the pics but maybe I could change to the 6x6 tatra that would allow me to put the motors between the wheels... I do not know yet... I would have to put a stud more between the first and second axle but it is easy to separate them the hard thing is opposite. The WIP is strong enough because now there are 12 frames inside it so I will not need a strong bodywork.

Tatra 2021 test 1

qFaZtkT.jpg

wqrDkKz.jpg

sQY8Gk3.pngOKzkVJr.png

On 6 x 6 Tatra that you chose, I assume that axle nr. 1 & 2 are steerable and only axle nr. 3 is not steerable, or?

11 minutes ago, 1gor said:

On 6 x 6 Tatra that you chose, I assume that axle nr. 1 & 2 are steerable and only axle nr. 3 is not steerable, or?

You are right, I always chose hard things one unique axle steerable is boring.

15 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

You are right, I always chose hard things one unique axle steerable is boring.

I know what you mean; I have similar disorder :laugh:

51 minutes ago, 1gor said:

I have similar disorder :laugh:

You are right again maybe we should open an own thread. My son or minecraft son... was playing with the tatra so I have to finish it whatever...

5 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

You are right again maybe we should open an own thread. My son or minecraft son... was playing with the tatra so I have to finish it whatever...

:laugh:

Another unfinished proyect, everything worked good but It is two studs wider and I could not fix It without eliminate the ackerman steering and I do not want to do It... I learned a lot so It was not wasted time.

I had similar problem, but I abandoned Ackerman steering...thin liftarms are here waiting for implementation to make stiffer axle, but today was a manic Monday and there is a 9 week old kitten that needs whole day care (playing an cuddling), so no Lego for next few months...

I really like use of new tires.

Perhaps 5L steering arms could help you.

I make most MOCs with live axles (tractors, trucks ...) but SynTrac is really unique with Tatra suspension, so I'll finish it when time allows...:classic: