evancelt

[MOC] The Pony Express

The Pony Express operated in the American West from 1860 to 1861. Prior to the completion of the transcontinental railroad, riders on horseback would deliver mail across frontier country. The mail service allowed a letter to travel from the Atlantic to the Pacific in 10 days.

To make the best time and expedite mail delivery, riders would relay bags to one another while at a full gallop.

pony-express-1.jpg

pony-express-2.jpg

pony-express-3.jpg

---------

This is my first foray into Western MOCs. I loved the TV show "The Young Riders" as a kid - it was about the adventures of Pony Express riders.

Love this one quite a lot. Would love to also see you dive deeper into Western MOCs (I have a special place in my heart for the theme :grin:). Really an astounding work! :pir-thumb:

That's a nice, dynamic build, and an interesting subject.  I like the horse kicking up dirt, the prickly pear cactus, and the way you did that tumbleweed.  :classic:

On 8/29/2021 at 3:51 AM, Jack Sassy said:

Love this one quite a lot. Would love to also see you dive deeper into Western MOCs (I have a special place in my heart for the theme :grin:). Really an astounding work! :pir-thumb:

18 hours ago, deraven said:

That's a nice, dynamic build, and an interesting subject.  I like the horse kicking up dirt, the prickly pear cactus, and the way you did that tumbleweed.  :classic:

Thanks @Jack Sassy & @deraven!