Sign in to follow this  
Si-MOCs

CDC2 Ancient Wonders: The Tree Gate.

Deep in the depths there is said to be door that leads to the Tree of Mystery ...

51351858370_57957b3871_b.jpgThe Gateway by Roanoke Handybuck, on Flickr

Deep in Avalonia, there is said to be a gate, which leads to some tree of mystery. Rook, cleverly disguised as an Avalonia, goes deep into the mountains in search of the magic....

--

This was a fun surprise Collab between Roanoke and I for Summer Joust/CDC! 

Excellent photo.  The rock work is awesome and the tree looks great on the tan rocks.  The stone work looks very Dwarvish.  

What a clever disguise, I certainly didn't recognize him. :laugh:  You always come up with such cool repetitive textures, this is no exception.  Looks so intriguing and mysterious, I do hope we'll find out what happens next!

Love it!  I really like the 'other world' effect through the doorway that you create by having entirely different lighting on the desert side.  The desert ground is awesome, and the tree fits right in, really popping with those new bright leaves.  The rockwork inside is quite nice, looking very much like the doorway was carved out of the natural stone.  I'm curious what the brown thing to the right of the door is.  A chocolate frog?  A wayward root?  Very nice work with the geometric shield designs.  It all looks very dwarven.  Can't wait to see where this goes!

The carving/stonework on the doorway looks amazing, and the large sloped rocks in the front and through the door both fit really well. And overall the whole scene just looks fantastic and mysterious, hinting at an interesting story on its own even before reading the description.