Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Pirates Mafia IV - Conclusion

QBA4Lht.jpg

Pirates Mafia IV - Conclusion

VtEq4WN.jpg

It was decided that Murphy Blake was to be thrown overboard.

"Arrrre you ready, Mr. Blake?"

"Yup!"

QfJYyMS.jpg

"See ya!"

0FRJANO.jpg

Murphy Blake was a Traitor.

Sometime later, Redbeard and his crew arrived at their final destination, the Enchanted Island, where Redbeard met with their leader, King Kahuna.

gCRlSua.jpg

"We would be delighted to grant you safe haven, Captain Redbeard. The Islanders are here for you."

"Arrr, and it be all thanks to my most loyal compatriot..."

YCBru7p.jpg

"You're welcome." Henry said.

---

NPCs:
P3maG08.jpg
Captain Redbeard (NPC)

Players (3):
mRFhWdL.jpg
Isaac "Dragon" Wallace - Played by Jack Sassy (Loyal Pirate)
7kHGV9u.jpg
Noah "The Map" Nelson - Played by JintaiZ (Loyal Pirate)
D3trce5.jpg
Harper "Sea-Salt" Lawson - Played by Rumble Strike (Loyal Pirate)

Overboard (5): 
O33lLqn.jpg
Douglas "No Hook" Wembley - Played by Darkdragon (Loyal Pirate)
tOtfiPx.jpg
Spencer "Cutlass" Milford - Played By KotZ (Loyal Pirate)
44c79HB.jpg
Vivian "Viv" Pierce - Played by Kaanere (Loyal Pirate)
AhT2R6v.jpg
Kieran "Two Guns" Newport - Played by Tariq j (Traitor)
WAC4TAY.jpg
Murphy "Bad-Eye" Blake - Played by Duvors (Traitor)

Lots to talk about and discuss! Congrats to the town!

Well, lads, we made it. This has been the hardest voyage I had in me life so far. Closest that I can think of was sailing on a raft few years back.

Yet, all these good folk we lost - Master Wembley, Master Milford, Miss Pierce. It be a shame such events happened but in the end we still are alive and I shall drink to that. :pir-huzzah1:

Thank you all for such a great experience (once again, I'm sorry @Duvors about your breakdown, that I caused) and thanks to @Bob for such an amazing game, this is my first time playing any Mafia game on Eurobricks, so it was a pleasant experience. Can't wait for the next instalment. :pir-thumb:

Thank you all for understanding. That was a lovely game and I'm sorry that it ended the way it did.

Big credit to JintaiZ the protector, who got three saves correct, which is why there were no scum night kills. He must be psychic or something.

Oh wow, thank you JintaiZ! We had dismissed that as being unlikely. 

Bob, are you going to show roles/night actions? I'm guessing there wasn't actually a blocker? It was driving us crazy. 

Wow what a crazy game. JintaiZ, I'm so sorry I was gunning for you all game! I really thought you were scum.

5 hours ago, Rumble Strike said:

Oh wow, thank you JintaiZ! We had dismissed that as being unlikely. 

Bob, are you going to show roles/night actions? I'm guessing there wasn't actually a blocker? It was driving us crazy. 

I'll get it soon. There were only three real night actions this game and a one-shot vig, so it'll be an easy spreadsheet to put together. Most of it I did by head because the investigator died early.

59 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Wow what a crazy game. JintaiZ, I'm so sorry I was gunning for you all game! I really thought you were scum.

I thought you were scum until I read the "Spencer no!" part, but it was too late to change my vote by then. We were all in the wrong until town numbers started thinning down. :pir_tong2:

Thanks @Bob for hosting! I'll say more later.

yW3utWv.png

An explanation on the night actions. I used IRL mafia rules for the cop and the vigilante. The vigilante had one shot that they could use. If they were lynched, they could also choose to shoot any player as they were going down. However, if they were night killed, their kill is wasted. I gave DD the parity cop which had an extremely long explanation even though the game was meant to be "simple" :laugh: A basic explanation is that you investigate two different people over two nights and see if their alignment is the "same" or "different". This is why there was "no result" on night one for Noah's alignment. Had DD not been voted off, she would have been able to target another player to compare the result to. If she targeted a member of the town, she'd get the result "the same" since Noah was town. If she targeted a scum, she'd get the result "different". I'd like to include the parity cop again in a future game (maybe Pirates V), it's a shame that I couldn't see the outcome. 

I think this is one of the most balanced games I've hosted when it comes to night actions, but maybe I'm wrong. Are there any thoughts on it? Do you think one side was more powerful than the other? I think the scum were severely hampered by the doctor/medic getting three correct saves, but other than that it was an incredibly close game. 

It was the cumulative effect of the protection that was throwing us all off I think. Great job to JintaiZ, it really blunted the Scum. But it relies on both the doc and the killer targeting the same person, in a small game like this, that was more likely to happen? 

But as I said to Jack and JintaiZ in PM, if we had lynched a Townie day one, the Vig killed a Townie and the Scum killed one, we could have lost almost half the players in one go and it would have been easy for the Scum to get parity maybe even the next day with a poor lynch. 

Thanks for the brilliant game Bob. And Congratulations to the town for their win! Really good job JintaiZ, we really thought there was a blocker who was on to us.

3 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Thanks for the brilliant game Bob. And Congratulations to the town for their win! Really good job JintaiZ, we really thought there was a blocker who was on to us.

Thanks! Fantastic job for blending in so well, I couldn't tell you were scum until Vivian was about to be lynched!

1 hour ago, Bob said:

maybe Pirates V

Sign me up!

Yes to be fair it wasn't until right near the end that we really twigged who the Scum were. Tariq and Duvors did a great job blending in and watching us lynch Townie after Townie! 

Even with 4 of us left and proof that Duvors must be the last one, it was only that method of elimination and not really anything specific. I couldn't find a smoking gun in the vote analysis! 

Whoah, I was way off with my theory...

Congrats to @JintaiZ for having much better predictive powers than mine!

Edited by Kaanere

Just now, Kaanere said:

Congrats to @JintaiZ for having much better predictive powers than me!

Thanks! I'm so sorry for voting for you, you were the only one who truly understood me on day one. After a scum placed a vote on me for no real reasons everyone else just followed the bandwagon.

1 minute ago, Kaanere said:

Whoah, I was way off with my theory...

I thought you may have been scum teammates with Milford, so my theory was off as well.

This was a fun one to watch from the dead.

20 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Thanks! I'm so sorry for voting for you, you were the only one who truly understood me on day one. After a scum placed a vote on me for no real reasons everyone else just followed the bandwagon.

I had an entirely legitimate reason, I just stole it from someone else. :pir-tongue:

I'd have to figure out how to script and story the next one. 

13 hours ago, KotZ said:

This was a fun one to watch from the dead.

This was a fun one to watch from the never-alive. Well done @JintaiZ on your savvy picks as protector. Was surprised it was you since you came across as scummy all game. Just goes to show I need to dial my scumdar in again.

2 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

Just goes to show I need to dial my scumdar in again.

Don't worry, I had few times when I thought of someone as scum but in the end they turned out to be town.

That was my first Mafia game since The Pearl, which was also run by Bob, probably about 9 years ago :pir-oh:

Was lovely to see some old faces still, and the new guys played well. 

All in all, a nice few weeks, thanks everyone. 

Sign in to follow this