spaceman76

Braunschweiger Schloss

In addition to my minifig size castle mocs, I have over some time build on a micro scale castle. Being inspired, I wanted to take up the challenge and see how good I could do it. Also being creative using less parts, but still get the detail and shape right. The rock piece is build up using chains of mixel hinges and shape them up to create the curves. 

Braunschweiger SchlossBraunschweiger SchlossBraunschweiger SchlossBraunschweiger SchlossBraunschweiger SchlossBraunschweiger SchlossBraunschweiger SchlossBraunschweiger SchlossBraunschweiger SchlossBraunschweiger Schloss

oh, first time seeing those special rock pieces! The micro scale castle is just beautiful, love how you even fit a cathedral inside, and the clever use of pieces to create the battlements on the wall. 

Usually I'm not that much of a micro-scale fan, but I think that this is one is amazing. It's slightly larger and thus more detailed than most micro-scale builds. I really think you nailed the different textures, colors and scales. Really good job :sweet:

I love this! You did an excellent job on the details. I love the chapel and the little boats in the water.

Wonderful build.  I like the use of the stone pieces as cliffs.  The castle looks impressive in microscale I can only imagine how it would look like in minifig scale.  

Really great MOC!  Love the height here, don't get that often from microscale that isn't in the floating rocks genre.  You said you used mixel parts to get the rock wedges to curve around and they do look great, but you also used mixel parts to good effect as the curtain wall crenellations.

I think you have found a very nice technic for building the rocks.
For the rest it is a super nice castle :)

Superb castle. You've packed a great amount of detail into the small size. The alternating orientation of the rocks is killer.