What, in your opinion, is the most infuriating detail on any specific Technic set? This could be a grille, or the orientation of a wheel/s, or any other little thing of note, such as a mechanical axis point. Also, it doesn't have to be a bad or a good set, this is focusing solely on the specific detail of the model.

Steering followed by front axel geometry! Worst example is 8110. The force to steer is just stupid. Maybe caster and decent wheel pivot are to much to ask for after more than 40 years of technic :/

7 minutes ago, m2fel said:

Steering followed by front axel geometry! Worst example is 8110. The force to steer is just stupid. Maybe caster and decent wheel pivot are to much to ask for after more than 40 years of technic :/

There have been plenty of Technic vehicles over the years that was a joy to turn, like 8860/5

But somehow steeering, suspension and engines have gotten worse over the last +25 years

2 minutes ago, astyanax said:

No steering wheel in 8868 Airtech Claw Rig...

Goddamn I hated that one! However, the 8868 is the blueprint for all my trucks and it's VERY hard to put an actual working steering wheel in that set

But a fake one could be added with no problems and with very little extra costs. Why did TLG omit that back then? It was one of the most detailed and "true to life" sets so far

I've often wondered why they left 8868 with just 952 parts. The magical 1000 piece threshold would've been pretty easy to cross adding steering wheel, openable doors and perhaps brick-built seats, and one would think it would've been nice marketing gimmick. Not that it matters, it's still one of the all-time greatest sets.

Anyway, the infuriating details: knobs instead of cranks. I hate turning them, and there's perfectly good, standard parts for making cranks, so why the knobs?

I don't think TLG  looks at the parts count but only the final price

Also, i've NEVER known the part count of any of the sets I've owned in my childhood as that number wasn't printed on the box

14 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Anyway, the infuriating details: knobs instead of cranks. I hate turning them, and there's perfectly good, standard parts for making cranks, so why the knobs?

That's funny. I grew up with knobs, so I prefer knobs over cranks :grin:

Magenta cable clip in 42114. One part that only exists to make the build even easier and has at least two negative effects to the model.

28 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

That's funny. I grew up with knobs, so I prefer knobs over cranks :grin:

I grew up with knobs as parents which then turned me into a crank. I guess that's TECHNICally correct then

Edited by 1974

@1974 Excuse me what? I am from Germany so I won't get it if this is some kind of word play :oh:

Edited by Gray Gear

16 minutes ago, 1974 said:

I grew up with knobs as parents which then turned me into a crank. I guess that's TECHNICally correct then

:roflmao:

Back on topic, I loathe sets with a lack of functions relative to the part count - e.g. 42096, 42125 and many more.

17 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Back on topic, I loathe sets with a lack of functions relative to the part count - e.g. 42096, 42125 and many more.

Yeah, empty shell-sets like those are pretty stupid here in Technic theme.

31 minutes ago, suffocation said:

I would be okay with it if they didn’t cost €150 and €180, respectively.

Big kingpin offset. Due to it we have way weird axle setups including impossibility to add a differential even for mid scale sets, or quite poor steering lock to fit the wheels without monstruous wheel arches.

Initially I thought about the limiters of steering angle (1/2 pins, plates etc) but then I realized that it was only a consequence of the real evil... 

In general almost every wheels are unreal, too much wide, the best the old ones, recently they are getting better and I hate to see too many bricks.

Color Vomit in general

In general almost every wheels are unreal, too much wide

These ^^^
Also, the fact that all mechanical parts are absolutely huge (or getting bigger than the old counterparts, like the gearbox "clutch"), and in most cases very weak/prone to breaking. Gimme smaller CV joints that won't pop out whenever barely touched!!!