Sign in to follow this  
Justsomebrix

[COR-FB] Captain Scarver at Port Woodhouse

Overseeing transaction of goods

---

As a privateer, in times of peace, Captain Scarver spends most of his time hunting sea rats. After his latest hunt around the southern coast of Celestia, Captain Scarver returned to Port Woodhouse with the captured pirate ships and their stolen goods. After most voyages Scarver donates the stolen cargo and ships to the local militias of Corrington settlements, except for certain goods that may prove useful to his endeavours. However on this voyage they fell upon a state of the art Oleon Cutter, flying the black. It is rare to see pirates sailing Royal Navy ships, so Edward and his crew were careful not to sink her. The battle was long and hard as both opponents fought like hell, but eventually Scarver and his crew managed to capture her. Upon returning to Port Woodhouse, Scarver and his crew voted to keep the ship and add her to the fleet. Thus, he handed her to his Quartermaster who is to see her be repaired and riffited with 4 additional guns. In the meanwhile, as per usual, Scarver went to oversee their donation to the garrison in Port Woodhouse.

BoBS- Port Woodhouse

---

I made this little scene while waiting for parts to arrive for my Cutter ship. I wanted to try out @Ayrlego's architecture for Port Woodhouse, while I also thought it could be a good idea to make a little teaser for the ship. The scene is supposed to take place in the courtyard of a fortified warehouse (kind of like something you would see in the game Assassin's Creed Black Flag).

Edited by Justsomebrix

Nice work! That's a lot of containers. Good cannon design.

While I think you hit all of the big tenets of Ayrlego's Port Woodhouse design (1x1 round stack roof, white walls w/ colored mottling, etc), you've added a personal touch by increasing the number of colors in the walls. You have tan, dark tan, dark orange, medium nougat, reddish brown, correct? I'm not sure the all extra colors all work - it seems harder to the focus on!

Nice job with the cobbles

While I choose to use yellow minifig heads, by choosing 'fleshies' you are able to have multiple skin colors and that really livens up the scene. Interesting to see that "officer" torso used as a common soldier torso - it works!

This is a lovely little pirate era MOC, it's got the barrels, the cannon, the palm tree, and of course the red and bluecoats!  Great work, it's a really enjoyable build to see!

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

Nice work! That's a lot of containers. Good cannon design.

While I think you hit all of the big tenets of Ayrlego's Port Woodhouse design (1x1 round stack roof, white walls w/ colored mottling, etc), you've added a personal touch by increasing the number of colors in the walls. You have tan, dark tan, dark orange, medium nougat, reddish brown, correct? I'm not sure the all extra colors all work - it seems harder to the focus on!

Nice job with the cobbles

Thank you! You didn't miss a single colour:pir_laugh2: although I just noticed you can't really see it from the angle, but the 4 reddish brown stick out of the building by half a stud. 

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

While I choose to use yellow minifig heads, by choosing 'fleshies' you are able to have multiple skin colors and that really livens up the scene. Interesting to see that "officer" torso used as a common soldier torso - it works!

I'm not gonna lie I do love the fleshies haha you'll be sure to see even more skin variations on my future mocs. As for the officer torso's, funnily enough they're the red coats I have the most of.

48 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

Really nice scene and good story! Always nice to see inspiration from Black Flag :pir-huzzah2:

I look forward to seeing the ship!

Thank you very much, I love black flag (and Black sails for that matter) so they'll be plenty more in the future!

@Brickwolf Glad to be here

@Kai NRGthank you:pir-huzzah2:

Well-built warehouse. The scene with the soldiers, sailors, goods and cannon looks interesting and lively.

I really like this build - such a classically colonial Caribbean look and feel too it :drool:  Great backstory too, we need way more privateers in BoBS! :pir-sweet:  Looking forward to seeing your finished cutter!

Really great first build with nice assortment of minifigs and crates etc. That canon and palm tree are great too! 

I am not that fan of fleshies myself as I abstain from plucking minifig hands right and left, but strangely enough your fleshies give another more realistic vibe to this build! Keep up the great job!

Excellent build! I love the usage of the 1x2 reddish brown jumpers sticking out of the wall. You really nailed the style  of Port Woodhouse, with an added touch of your own :thumbup:.

Brilliant! I love your interpretation of the classic style used for Port Woodhouse and this build is a fantastic addition to the settlement. I love the use of fleshies with redcoats and the only reason I have never completely switched over to them is I simply don't have enough (and haven't worked out how to get Sir Dirk's face onto a flesh head yet!). Like Evan noted, the use of the officer torso for the troops is unique and I like it. I have a stack of those torsos so it is something I may borrow in the future.

If you are interested, this is how I do my palm trees - I've tried a lot of different combos and I think this is my personal favourite. The full tutorial by Full Plate is here.

006.png?w=700

Welcome to Corrington and I look forward to seeing your stories develop!

1 hour ago, blackdeathgr said:

Really great first build with nice assortment of minifigs and crates etc. That canon and palm tree are great too! 

I am not that fan of fleshies myself as I abstain from plucking minifig hands right and left, but strangely enough your fleshies give another more realistic vibe to this build! Keep up the great job!

I try to have a realistic feel to my builds so glad to hear so!

1 hour ago, Khorne said:

Excellent build! I love the usage of the 1x2 reddish brown jumpers sticking out of the wall. You really nailed the style  of Port Woodhouse, with an added touch of your own :thumbup:.

Thanks! I will for sure keep using them on future builds

55 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

Brilliant! I love your interpretation of the classic style used for Port Woodhouse and this build is a fantastic addition to the settlement. I love the use of fleshies with redcoats and the only reason I have never completely switched over to them is I simply don't have enough (and haven't worked out how to get Sir Dirk's face onto a flesh head yet!). Like Evan noted, the use of the officer torso for the troops is unique and I like it. I have a stack of those torsos so it is something I may borrow in the future.

If you are interested, this is how I do my palm trees - I've tried a lot of different combos and I think this is my personal favourite. The full tutorial by Full Plate is here.

006.png?w=700

Welcome to Corrington and I look forward to seeing your stories develop!

I've been trying to find a flesh head for Dirk myself as I've recreated some yellow sigfigs in flesh for potential future mocs. Closest thing I found is Bard Bue's head from the hobbit, but even that one dosen't give off the same vibe as Dirk's face. As for the use of torso's, if I end up in charge of a new settlement one day I'll most definetly put them to use ! :pir_laugh2:

Your palm trees are great and I would've recreated them if not for a lack of pieces, I sadly admit my one palm tree used all my palm leaves. I'll order enough pieces to make a couple of your palms in the near future

Very good looking warehouse, sir! I will be looking forward to seeing Captain Scarver make his fortunes in the Brick Seas.
Welcome to Corrington!