Sign in to follow this  
Spud The Viking

[COR - FB] ETTC House, Spudkirk

To the Directors of The East Terran Trading Company,

Given the steady commercial growth in the settlement of Spudkirk, I have taken it upon myself to construct a suitable location for the Company's business to be conducted from. I trust the building will serve the Company well, with it bringing additional commerce and trade to our humble yet prospering town. 

Please accept this as my application to the Company's shareholders.

Your faithful servant,

Lord Frederick Spud.

A large commercial property in Spudkirk.

51402692822_a9904eab29_c.jpg

51403441156_a159716f6c_c.jpg

51403441006_e622195bf0_c.jpg

51402636769_bb12588d41_c.jpg

51402651114_cc2d56e390_c.jpg

Edited by Spud The Viking

The entrance area with the decorated canopy and columns looks great. The ETTC inscription and the two swords with a shield under the canopy show how powerful the company is.

Very nice, @Spud The Viking! Cool column technique. Imposing and regal building befitting such an esteemed operation.

In your teaser on Instagram we could see the neat paneling on the doors. Might you have another closeup shot of them that features the door details better?

1 hour ago, Brickwolf said:

Excellent build! A great building for the ETTC! Especially like the columns at the entrance!:thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you!

1 hour ago, NOD said:

The entrance area with the decorated canopy and columns looks great. The ETTC inscription and the two swords with a shield under the canopy show how powerful the company is.

Thanks! It was based off of the East India House in London, which also wanted to be imposing.

2 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Very nice, @Spud The Viking! Cool column technique. Imposing and regal building befitting such an esteemed operation.

In your teaser on Instagram we could see the neat paneling on the doors. Might you have another closeup shot of them that features the door details better?

Thanks!

I think I'll get more photos tomorrow. In the ones I got today the lighting was too bright and I had to darken them.

Wow! This is so beautiful and imposing and so British as well! I mean Corrish ofc!!! I really really like the inscription and the swords and shield parts of the build the most. 

10 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Wow! This is so beautiful and imposing and so British as well! I mean Corrish ofc!!! I really really like the inscription and the swords and shield parts of the build the most. 

Thanks! Yes, it definitely wouldn't look out of place in somewhere like London or Edinburgh!

I have added more photos with better lighting. 

3 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

I have added more photos with better lighting. 

New pics with better lighting look great!

I saw this on Flickr and I loved it immediately. The style of it is so fitting for Corrington and the time period. It looks like something the actual EITC would've build. Great job! :thumbup:

Is there also an interior or do you have plans do add an interior?

Having worked in the West end of London, this is absolutely what most of the buildings there look like.

One query; is that a certain Monsieur Henri Hollande, of the RNTC? It looks very similar to him...

7 hours ago, evancelt said:

New pics with better lighting look great!

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Khorne said:

I saw this on Flickr and I loved it immediately. The style of it is so fitting for Corrington and the time period. It looks like something the actual EITC would've build. Great job! :thumbup:

Thank you! It is based off of the real East India Company's House.

4 hours ago, Khorne said:

Is there also an interior or do you have plans do add an interior?

There is no interior, as this ate up pretty much all of my tan bricks (and the rear shows the mix of bricks and slopes poking out :pir-grin:). I may come back to it for story purposes at some point however!

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Having worked in the West end of London, this is absolutely what most of the buildings there look like.

Glad it fits into the real world!

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

One query; is that a certain Monsieur Henri Hollande, of the RNTC? It looks very similar to him...

The resemblance is unintentional! I bought the hair/hat piece last week because I really wanted to use it for a figure. He might be a new OC for future build though...

On 8/29/2021 at 9:07 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine build (getting envious for my trading company)

Thanks! I am sure the rivalry will bring more builds!

On 8/29/2021 at 9:07 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

and I like your redcoat variations :pir-sweet:

I like to keep them different enough, but none are proper regiments. Apart from the ETTC Sepoys.

Good job keeping the entire build in your shots from various angles. I usually give up after I get 1 or 2 whole build shots and then do closer in shots for details. It's cool to be able to see the whole thing from the different perspectives

18 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

Apart from the ETTC Sepoys.

Yay ETTC Sepoys!

21 hours ago, evancelt said:

Good job keeping the entire build in your shots from various angles. I usually give up after I get 1 or 2 whole build shots and then do closer in shots for details. It's cool to be able to see the whole thing from the different perspectives

Thanks. I end up with about 50 pictures taken, and then whittle that down to a few good ones. I quite like ones that show the build from a minifig's perspective, like the first pic.