When I got Off Road Buggy set (42124) in my hand and saw new tyres I instantly get idea for new creation. I must make new Tatra truck. The only question it was if would be the 815 model or the new Phoenix. Then I remembered that I made my first version of Tatra Phoenix model 10 years ago and now it is the time to fix the problems of that model...

tatra6x6-10.JPG

This is my new model of legendary Czech brand of trucks Tatra. The model Phoenix is in trial truck version. This is full RC with Buwizz 2.0 brick and 2 Buwizz motor for drive. These motors make the vehicle very powerful (watch the video). Also the new tires give it good features and appearance.

tatra6x6-5.JPG

Specifications:
-Full independent suspension (front axle hard springs, rear axle soft spring)
-Modular desing (chassis, cab, superstructure)
-Detailed interior
-The door can be opend
-The superstructure is not only for the design but also serves to protect the cab from tipping over

tatra6x6-15.JPG

tatra6x6-14.JPG

tatra6x6-23.JPG

360 degree view

rotation.gif

Instructions are also available:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-85659/blaz62/tatra-phoenix-6x6-trail-truck/#details

From my point of view, this tires are best choice for tatras among Lego tires. Very nice modular design.

Btw, how is your Volvo FH16 project going on?

(I peek from time to time on YouTube videos that you post)

That is a good looking truck! A bit to quick maybe and with some extra reduction it would have a killer torque. I like how the chassis looks very sturdy. Nice work on the modularity! How are the hubs holding after you soaked them in dust and water? ZBLJ didn't recommend doing so ;-)

Best regards!

Great MOC, the power for it's size is really incredible. But I agree with @MajklSpajkl , maybe there is some space to include a 2-speed gearbox?

There are some details on the cabin which are just so catchy, especially the panels for the mudguards and for the lower front end. :-)

@1gor

Tyre are for tatra suspension system great, because are not flat. Working on Volvo. But i didn't think that will take so long this project.. :blush:

@MajklSpajkl 

I will probably add some axles maybe 10x10x4 configurations but first need more bricks for axles. There I will change the gear ratio. Hubs for now work okay. When I finished testing I washed them well with running water.

I starting modified to the road version. different angle of suspensions and other tires.

road-version1.png

Some of ideas (like axles) that you use on Volvo are interesting to me for one my project - hook loader truck.

I saw this got posted over The Lego Car Blog, congrats! Those new tires are perfect for Tatra suspension, but honestly, I think the best part of the truck is the excellent rendition of the front grille, your shaping is spot-on.

Hello!
I managed to complete another version of this Tatra truck-tipper version. This time I did with road tires adn little changed the suspension angle. I also added a tadem trailer. Tipping is motorized via M motor.

creation-11.JPG

creation-15.JPG

creation-20.JPG

creation-22.JPG

creation-24.JPG

creation-28.JPG

tatratata.jpg

More photos: 
https://bricksafe.com/pages/Sthrom_Creations/tatra-6x6/tatra-kipper

Instructions: 
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-103740/sthrom/tatra-phoenix-tipper-with-trailer/#admin

Edited by blaz62

Magnificent moc at this scale. Although i'd love to see a larger tatra build with the suspension being pivoted by a different point than the drive axle. That way the drive axle is not stressed with friction and weight of the moc.