Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - CH IV - CAT D] Customs House and Pivot Bridge

In North Sillitholina, Oleon has established a customs house to manage the flow of trade goods across the river, management of tax collection, and to process the flow of immigrants coming North in search of peace and prosperity in the Kingdom of Light.

bridge

The twin towers each serve their own functions. The up-river tower houses the controls for the pivot bridge, complete with an observation deck to watch for the barges, like @LM71Blackbird's moving up and down stream. The down-stream tower is a clock tower marking the administrative function of this large commercial build. Any trade going across the pivot bridge is weighed, inspected, taxed, and recorded in the log. 

The pivot bridge, as the name implies, can swing down stream to rest along the extended pylon to allow ships to pass (photos to come eventually I hope to illustrate that the bridge actually does pivot). 

Note: Planned collab with @LM71Blackbird for Cat D, Rebuilding TB.

Note2: in the course of this challenge, I moved to a new continent and had my laptop die and the replacement is still a month away from arriving. I am hoping that I can recover this file (which is actually somewhat more complete than this 1 shot) and get some different pictures generated for you all. The footprint is large enough to be a royal build, bus lacking detail.

It does look a little incomplete, but the two towers and especially the curved tudor work are fantastic.  Bridge looks great too, I hope you can get more renders so we can see it in action!

The magic keeps coming! Best customs house ever! Those towers! :pir-wub:

And while I am not fully sold on the pivoting part of your nevertheless amazingly designed bridge, I can't wait to see more pics of the whole process. 

Edited by blackdeathgr

It already looks good. I like the two half-timbered towers and the bridge.

Like I said previously, this is already a great MOC even though it's visibly still far from completely finished. The towers are well-designed, but the bridge and its functionality are equally amazing. Hopefully you will regain access to your files someday and be able to finish this bad boy. This MOC deserves to get finished :sweet:.