Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[COR- CH IV - CAT D] Checkpoint South

As part of the peace treaty for Terraversa, Silitholina has been split between the newly founded Commonwealth of Terraversa and the Oleonese territories, along the river Sil. With this, families risk being split, businesses risk being separated from their suppliers, and trade between the two parst in danger of petering out. To avoid this, both sides have agreed to keep trade open and at the old bridge, originally built by the Mardierians, an islet in the middle of the river has been designated a free trade zone.

51394185002_5b174d08a6_b.jpg

Although this show of benevolence on the rulers of the recently warring territories has given rise to considerable hope for a peaceful future, there is still a significant mistrust against the new neighbors and defenses has been erected by either side.

51395960110_186b77069b_b.jpg

"Normally, I should never have recommended carronades for fortifications" Cooke observed to Allcock and L'Olius. "However, in this particular case, they will serve well."

His listeners each raised an eyebrow to see this peculiar, and distinctly inelegant, naval weapon mounted upon the recently completed gatehouse.

"Some may lament the low accuracy and range of these brutes, and I should be hard-pressed to challenge such claims." the sea captain acknowledged "...however, for clearing a narrow bridge, nothing can compete. You see, the weight of metal and the rate of fire is unmatched by long guns!"

51395210798_b3e24c0d25_b.jpg

"And to that, the inability to effectively target the opposing defenses makes them less of a provocation for our blue-coated counterparts." Allcock added "...and it would take but a short while to set up proper siege artillery, should the need arise."

L'Olius nodded, visibly impressed. Corlander pioneers, with a workforce of Terraversan militia and craftsmen, had erected a new gatehouse in record time, and overseen the mounting of the carronades, posing a potent defense for the Commonwealth's northern border.

51395679149_cb33c81304_b.jpg

Trade and traffic was passing through largely unhindered, but should conflict arise the heavy gates, artillery emplacements, and crenelations would pose a formidable barrier for anyone trying to attack his new fiefdom.

51394184832_43e4e06420_b.jpg

Collab with @KotZ and @Thomas Waagenaar. It has been a fun collab!

Other parts of this collab can be found here:

Checkpoint North by Thomas
The center-river trading zone by Kotz

That looks great. An elaborately and detailed built bridge and Checkpoint. I like that the pedestrians have a separate passage.

Great cooperation the different builds are similar and go very well together.

Great job - I really like the quarter round tiles in the walls for decoration, and the nested arches. Great minifigure activity and I love the carriage design.

The road / path design is a little studdy, though the cool walls make up for it for me.

Great job! It was fun collaborating with you.

Another beautiful bridge! But...but...carronades? I mean we are here to trade, not act as cannon fodder! Pfffff! Nonetheless, your crossing is really well made despite being somewhat "ominous" and "aggressive"!!! :pir-tongue:

Beautiful details all around the walls (especially those tan quarter tiles paired with the red(?) tile beneath), a really nice carriage design (although some touches of a secondary color could make it really shine) and very interesting lamp posts too.

1 hour ago, blackdeathgr said:

a really nice carriage design

Agreed! Do you have any additional shots of it on its own @Bregir?