Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[OL- CH IV - CAT D] Center-River Trading Zone

Updated w/photos 9.5.21

catd-rebuilding_tv.png.280945b79ee85c260

As the war-torn town was divided according to the peace treaty, families and trade had been separated. Both sides realized there must be a way to keep the peace, keep both sides from turning to riots, and keep the flow of trade going. An bridge was rebuilt, with a neutral zone in the center of the river to allow trade to occur between the opposite sides of the river.

Of course, checkpoints had to be established to ensure no contraband was smuggled through to either side.

Other parts of this collab together with @Bregir and @Thomas Waagenaarcan be found here:

South-Silitholinan side of the bridge by Bregir: <Insert link here when posted>
Checkpoint North by Thomas Waagenaar

OOC:

As you all may see, I only have one photo. Sadly I rendered all the images on may desktop, and I'm traveling for the next two weeks (luckily I had this photo in our PM). I'll upload the rest when I'm back. Believe me, I'm realy angry at myself for this.

And now that I'm back at the computer that had these renders finally, here are the rest of the photos.

catd-rebuilding_tv_copy.png

catd-rebuilding_tv_copy_2.png

catd-rebuilding_tv_copy_3.png

catd-rebuilding_tv_copy_4.png

catd-rebuilding_tv_copy_5.png

catd-rebuilding_tv_copy_6.png

catd-rebuilding_tv_copy_7.png

catd-rebuilding_tv_copy_8.png

Edited by KotZ
Updated photos

That looks great. An elaborately and detailed built bridge and sales booths. I like the various tax-free sales booth.

The guy with the horse carriage is the coolest. He regularly clears customs on his wine barrels, but he smuggles horses and carriages.

Looks good! I like the beach, and the gate house and arm

You guys did a good job keeping the style consistent across the collab builds

This concept is really fun and clever. I love the different colored drop down pikes on each side, instantly tells you what is going on.

I really like its size (somehow it feels so "right" and minifig scale accurate) , the fact that you've added that sand+water base underneath gives plenty of character and the the various little shops/tents at the sides of the crossing are amazing! Easily my favorite river crossing around!!!