Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR - ChIVE] ETTC Villa, Terraversan Interior

With an expanded Corlander presence on Terraversa, the ETTC are also looking to extend their influence on the island. With the establishment of the free-trade zone in the independent Atwi heartland, ETTC shareholders including Sir Dirk Allcock have seen a potential opportunity. ETTC agents have already travelled into the interior and report that the Atwi traditionally sell a large amount of citrus fruit to the colonial Terraversan coastal settlements. The fruit; mainly oranges, can be enjoyed fresh or as juice - some Terraversan artisans even brew a fiery citrus liqueur - a Terraversan twist on a Mardierian classic. Indeed these agents have already organised the first caravans carrying these goods back to Westface. It has been decided that the ETTC should establish a presence close to the cross roads to coordinate this trade. While a simple warehouse would have been sufficient, Sir Dirk decided to look for something slightly more impressive - to make a statement not only to the Atwi, but to the other Madrician trade companies. A small aristocratic country estate was located, abandoned since the original Mardierian owners perished or fled after the first Terraversan war. Whilst the land attached to the estate was worked by the Atwi, they had no use for the formerly grand villa and so the ETTC have negotiated for it's use as a headquarters. After some quick repairs, it was soon operational.

51394922874_bd2f1c6ca1_b.jpg

Here, an Atwi farmer negotiates the sale of a handcart of oranges to the ETTC agent, while an ETTC wagon awaits nearby to load up.

An entry for the ETTC for Category E to be licensed by the ETTC as a large commerce.

:pir-wub: Flora is great, combination of snot and regular baseplate is seamless, buildings are beautiful! Overall another great entry in BOBS by a master! 

It looks nice. I especially like the pergola, the stone floor and the tree.

Wonderfully done. Glad to see a continuation of ETTC efforts on Terraversa! I see the nougat 1x2s made a showing :pir-huzzah2:

I especially like the rough SNOT stone patios and the windows. What technique did you use for the windows?

That looks really good! I don't suppose you got some close-ups of that tree on the left? I'd definitely love to make some trees like that in the future!

Another gorgeous one from you, Ayrlego! I'm amazed by the speed you build these and none of them suffer in quality. On the contrary, they are all top-notch. Lovely the architecture of this one and the general lay-out. Lovely build and atmosphere!

I think the thin, tall building is a great design. I like the effect of blending the grey out as the walls go up. The stonework tile floor is great.

Oh... and of course... Droid arms! :-)

This is fantastic! The windows and arches are so detailed,  the build is beautiful. The wooden lattice roof with the leaves really helps bring it to life !

The vegetation here is lovely--especially that tree!  I really like the color textures on the wall too, and how the grey gets less frequent higher up.  Great sideways slope technique for the sidewalk kind of area too.

This is so nice, Ayrlego.  Elegance is definitely the right word for it, but it's not ostentatious at all - more of a subdued sort of elegance that embraces all the shades of green around it and the light bouncing off the polished white villa walls.  Really nicely done! :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments all. To be honest, I wasn't really happy with how this one turned out. I lost motivation around the time of the extension then forced myself to finish it for the deadline. The photography I feel is particularly poor - I just couldn't get the lighting right.

Anyway... I totally forgot I took an additional picture of the side detail  - which was totally wasted as I forgot to post the picture!!! Here it is now.

51416811146_0324928e1d_c.jpg

On 8/23/2021 at 1:46 AM, Thomas Waagenaar said:

That looks really good! I don't suppose you got some close-ups of that tree on the left? I'd definitely love to make some trees like that in the future!

I didn't, but here is the tutorial by Toltomeja showing the technique:

50177536928_d0b4f4d403.jpgTemple of Legochitli - jungle techniques by Toltomeja, on Flickr

Cool chimney! Glad we got to see it

5 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I lost motivation around the time of the extension then forced myself to finish it for the deadline.

Thanks for finishing it! We has intended an ETTC collab with a few other builders but it didn't happen