lego_guyon02

Updating Your MCU Minifigures

Hello everyone, 

This thread is a place to share any custom figures or modifications to existing figures from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I hope we can use this thread to inspire each other for years to come!

Did you know the Star Wars and Harry Potter themes also have topics like this? You can check them out below!
- Star Wars by @Kingslayer
- Harry Potter by @Seaber

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We gotta start somewhere so here's a good chunk of the custom/modified figures from my collection, it's not everything but I hope you'll be able to take inspiration from some of these figures! I'll apologise in advance for the mediocre quality of some of the pictures :tongue:

Black Widow family
L-R: Melina Vostokoff, Alexei Shostakov / Red Guardian, Yelena Belova, Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow

Screenshot_381.jpg

Revengers
L-R: Bruce Banner / Hulk, Brunnhilde / Valkyrie, Thor

Screenshot_382.jpg

Wakandans
L-R: Nakia, Shuri, T'Challa / Black Panther (kinetically powered up), T'Challa / Black Panther

Screenshot_383.jpg

Fugitive Avengers
L-R: Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow, Steve Rogers / Nomad, Bucky Barnes / White Wolf

Screenshot_384.jpg

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
L-R: Leopold Fitz, Jemma Simmons, Daisy Johnson / Quake, Phil Coulson, Melinda May, Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Bobbi Morse / Mockingbird

Screenshot_385.jpg

Earth-bound villains
L-R: Grant Ward, Johann Schmidt / Red Skull, Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier, Ulysses Klaue, Erik Killmonger, Antonia Dreykov / Taskmaster

Screenshot_387.jpg

Spider-Man villains
L-R: Hydro-Man, Quentin Beck / Mysterio, Adrian Toomes / Vulture

Screenshot_388.jpgScreenshot_389.jpg

Space-bound villains
L-R: Ayesha, Yon-Rogg, Grandmaster, Hela

Screenshot_386.jpg

Black Order
L-R: Ebony Maw, Cull Obsidian, Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight

Screenshot_390.jpg

Thanks for viewing and I hope to see some of your customs soon!

Thanks for opening this thread! My favourites of yours are Yelena, Shuri, Ulysses Klaue, Mysterio, Grandmaster, and Proxima Midnight. The only one that doesn’t work for me is White Grim. I simply cannot see that head and hair combo as anything other than Sirius, try as I may :grin:

Oh, and HOT TAKE INCOMING: I don’t like minifig hands being used as a building technique. At all. All I can see is severed hands being attached to whatever, like Corvus Glaive’s glaive here :head_back: And it’s an illegal technique too, so nothing my purist heart can handle :snicker:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, bradreed715 said:

Who's legs did you use for grandmaster and red guardian?

Grandmaster uses George Weasley's legs from the 2nd Harry Potter CMF and Red Guardian uses the legs from the Monkey King CMF figure, albeit with unprinted hips and a bit of printing removed from the legs themselves.

Thank you for opening the thread - it’s a great idea!

I like your customized minifigures - nice work. 

Long time lurker here but decided to join up after seeing this thread and the SHIELD characters by @lego_guyon02 :classic:

Last year for the 7th anniversary of Agents of SHIELD, I made purist minifigs for the final team, then a few months later, updated them and made a whole bunch of other characters from the series.

Only ever shared them on the SHIELD reddit, so hopefully they are welcome here too :blush:

The OG Sixf2xvlre0bst61.jpg

left to right: Ward, May, Coulson, Daisy, Simmons, Fitz

Coulson is pretty much the official minifig but with a high-tech belt custom, Daisy's hair colour is much redder in the photo but it's medium nougat like the usual colour for Steve Rogers' blonde hair.

Fitz has an ICER and Simmons is holding a piece of the Time Monolith.

There are 3 more groups of other main members, supporting and guest characters but the images are way too large even after cropping and compression so I'll post them later.

Edited by Xavhyr
Realised I could simply attach images from Reddit

@Xavhyr love seeing your versions of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. team! You especially nailed Simmons' later-seasons look and giving her a piece of the Monolith is a great idea :laugh:

Can't wait to see your other AoS customs!

Thanks @lego_guyon02! That's exactly what I was going for, Simmons in season 6/7 and all the other minifigs are based on their latest or iconic appearances. Love seeing your customs too, seems like we both agreed on May's face :wink:

I see some pieces you used that I've used on other characters too, like your Bobbi and my Daisy share the same hair piece. I had a personal rule of not repeating any parts, so they all have unique hairstyles and here's the next..

Newcomers to the Main Teamg8zyx10ck6u61.jpgleft to right: Sousa, Hunter, Bobbi, Mack, Yo-yo, Deke, Enoch

Sousa is more inspired by his looks in the Agent Carter series, Mack is in his final scene trench coat look which is basically one of the official Nick Fury's torso and legs.

Deke is inspired by his Deke Squad attire and Enoch holds the Timestream device.

18 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Captain Americas!
Captain Carter minifig is pretty useful for AoU Cap

Love that AoU Cap! Definitely need to get some extra Peggy's :wub_drool: Thanks for sharing.

Xavhyr - those are fun. I've started putting together my own AOS crew. The plan is to use the same torso for May, Daisy, Yo-Yo, and Bobbi, but I'll change up the arms for each one - Daisy's are black, Yo-Yo's will be navy blue. Haven't decided for Bobbi yet, but Yo-Yo's will be grey. Still deciding on faces for some of them, though.

Also - shotgun axe!

On 8/25/2021 at 8:12 PM, TobyAis said:

Captain Americas!
[image snipped]
Captain Carter minifig is pretty useful for AoU Cap

Thanks for sharing this, they look so good side-by-side! I have a box on the way, I may need to keep one more Captain Carter than I was planning to :-P

I know there's been a little bit of discussion in the 2021 thread about changes for the CMF characters, but as people begin to get their hands on them -- what changes are people planning to make? In particular for me, I think Sylvie's face needs to be swapped out... 

21 minutes ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

I know there's been a little bit of discussion in the 2021 thread about changes for the CMF characters, but as people begin to get their hands on them -- what changes are people planning to make? In particular for me, I think Sylvie's face needs to be swapped out... 

Wanda - different head
Monica - maybe printed legs, not sure yet
Sylvie - different head and printed legs
T'Challa - Catwoman arms

24 minutes ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

Thanks for sharing this, they look so good side-by-side! I have a box on the way, I may need to keep one more Captain Carter than I was planning to :-P

I don't have Sylvie yet but I'm also planning on changing her head.. one of the best replacement I've find within my collection could be Leia's head.. I thought about the eyebrows and she should have brown eyebrows because her hair was originally brown and she dyed it blonde, but she didn't dye her eyebrows, same for Wanda too

@TobyAis: god does that Cap look amazing! Waaay better than the Lego Movie cop legs I've been using. Can't wait to switch them out! :wub:

@PhoenixBuilder: some update ideas:
Vision: I might put his head on a Stormtrooper body or a backwards Arctic Batman torso to get rid of some of the pink printing
Wanda: Age of Ultron head of course
Monica: maybe I'll add some Death Star Trooper legs, but I'll definitely add some blue power blast pieces (or Vision's S.W.O.R.D. computer)
Spidey: I might add the No Way Home Dr. Strange cape one day if it looks better

@everyone: Has anyone put CMF Spidey's head on the MCU Iron Spider figure? I feel like that would be a better look than the original or 2019 figure's head :grin_wub:

@Stepwise great to hear more fans making customs of SHIELD! :classic:

I might be changing Yo-yo's torso and Daisy's hair, to keep the pieces as unique as possible, cause I'm in the process making a whole bunch of other SHIELD characters now, so someone is gonna use that hairstyle and I plan on giving Sharon Carter her torso back.

But here's the remaining two groups..

The Supporting Crewj2mi9zlvlmu61.jpg

left to right: Piper, Davis, Deathlok, Mace, Robbie, Koenig

Deathlok has silver wrist printing (arms from the minifigure series General Zod) to represent his tiny wrist rockets and Mace is holding a syringe of the Patriot serum.

Robbie is the official minifigure updated with a printed leg but I have since upgraded it with a better leg print design and unfortunately there aren't any suitable pieces with lanyard printing but Koenig holds the cloaking umbrella.

Powerful Guests and Allieschxjaj6la7v61.jpg

left to right: Kora, Flint, Maria, Fury, Peggy, Creel, Sif

We never saw them properly suit up so Kora is a mix of her final scene look and her 'villain' outfit while Flint is inspired by his appearance in the temple when he manifested.

Maria Hill and Nick Fury are both the official minifigs with their heads updated and Peggy was a stand-in made while waiting for the official What If...? versions.

Creel is in his comic Absorbing Man look with the iconic chainball and Sif is another stand-in made in hopes of an official one maybe from Thor: Love and Thunder sets.

And that's it for now but more to come (possibly some very bad people) :tongue:

Updated Sylvie, I think I did ok boys 👍
51418170060_d962240a37_o.png

Also @Legocity2713, a bit late but here's the new Spidey head on the Iron Spider minifig ;)
51417934189_26ab9aa292_o.png
While I'm at it, purist Homemade Suit Spidey 
51416464342_2b67f9dcfa_o.png

Edited by TobyAis

On 8/20/2021 at 3:15 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

And it’s an illegal technique too, so nothing my purist heart can handle :snicker:

Welp I guess it's not illegal anymore :tongue:

On 8/28/2021 at 1:01 AM, TobyAis said:

Endgame Cap made with Zombie Cap parts

IMG_20210828_005326.jpg

Cool! Whose legs did you use for this one? Been looking for blue legs with brown boots but never found them... 

34 minutes ago, snoozle said:

Cool! Whose legs did you use for this one? Been looking for blue legs with brown boots but never found them... 

There're a pick-a-brick exclusive legs, you can find them on Bricklink, they haven't appeared on any minifig yet..

14 hours ago, TobyAis said:

There're a pick-a-brick exclusive legs, you can find them on Bricklink, they haven't appeared on any minifig yet..

Thanks! Much appreciated. I didn't even know these existed. Now I can finally get a more decent Cap :-)!