lego_guyon02

Updating Your MCU Minifigures

Similar to @Mandalorianknight’s question above, anyone have a skin tone for the Shang Chi characters more, uhh, appropriate for them? The only one that I’ve found that has even remotely enough heads to be considered is nougat, which still doesn’t feel quite right.

Just two witches and their animal friends23j8beh95ym71.jpg

left to right: Sylvie, Alligator Loki, Señor Scratchy and Agatha

Basically just gave Sylvie a double soft dark green cape and a starched black wide shoulder narrow cape, gave Alligator Loki gold horns and made a purist Agatha with the Darkhold.

Just realised the new Friends apartments' Janice hair is the perfect hair for MJ/ Michelle Jones/Zendaya's character. Tried it too. IMO much better than what TLG has chosen for her thus far in the Spider-Man sets.

Btw, does anyone have a good face replacement for Shang-Chi's Razor Fist? I've used Mr.T hair for him, which is more appropriate than the one the figure ships with IMO (without having seen the film). But struggling to find an appropriate face with the right facial hair AND an angry frown. Ideas?

On 9/12/2021 at 12:21 AM, Xavhyr said:

Just two witches and their animal friends23j8beh95ym71.jpg

left to right: Sylvie, Alligator Loki, Señor Scratchy and Agatha

Basically just gave Sylvie a double soft dark green cape and a starched black wide shoulder narrow cape, gave Alligator Loki gold horns and made a purist Agatha with the Darkhold.

Very nice! Señor Scratchy is adorable, lol! I've used the golden pieces for Croc Loki's crown, but actually liking your use of the green binoculars here. Hmmm... I might have to steal that idea...if I'm allowed.. :-)

@snoozle haha well that's the point of sharing the ideas here, so go ahead :wink:

and I'm probably using this head when I get Razorfist, though it's not an angry frown that you're looking for.

3626bpb0414.png

5 hours ago, Xavhyr said:

@snoozle haha well that's the point of sharing the ideas here, so go ahead :wink:

and I'm probably using this head when I get Razorfist, though it's not an angry frown that you're looking for.

3626bpb0414.png

Trying my best not to spoil anything for those who havent seen the movie. But from what i recall, he isnt angry all the time. So that head matches quite well.

8 hours ago, Xavhyr said:

3626bpb0414.png

Cool, thanks Xavhyr! 😄 And about your follow-up chris6507, I haven't seen the movie yet. But if he's not all that angry, I might get by with the head I have. It's similar to the one Xavhyr has uploaded, but with a dark brown beard/moustache and eyebrows and a veeery slight smile. So, I'm looking forward to the movie, and for this reason alone, I hope he smiles at least slightly at one point...! 😆

Btw, after trying this change to MJ/Michelle there's no going back. I also swapped out her light grey hoodie with the green jacket Joyce from Stranger Things is wearing, which I think is more appropriate. Although the shirt inside the jacket should be dark grey and not red/yellow stripes, I think this is something this MJ would wear. The jacket at least should be ok as she's wearing one in the movies. Going from this...to this! :

MJ.jpg

Edited by snoozle

Exactly, like chris6507 said, Razorfist isn't that angry to have it as his default face and I went through the Bricklink inventory once more for bearded heads, personally I like this face the best for him.

On 9/9/2021 at 8:17 PM, Brickroll said:

Similar to @Mandalorianknight’s question above, anyone have a skin tone for the Shang Chi characters more, uhh, appropriate for them? The only one that I’ve found that has even remotely enough heads to be considered is nougat, which still doesn’t feel quite right.

I too am interested in any solutions for a Shang Chi figure that better honors the character but not finding much that’s satisfactory in my early searching.

On 9/6/2021 at 6:39 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Any Shang-chi head suggestions? 

On 9/9/2021 at 8:17 PM, Brickroll said:

33 minutes ago, BaalTheBuilder said:

I too am interested in any solutions for a Shang Chi figure that better honors the character but not finding much that’s satisfactory in my early searching.

I know not everyone is a fan of using a nougat head for Shang-Chi but if you don't mind I honestly think the upcoming new Wong head is by far and away the best option.

Wong.jpeg.16ab7628f64cfa25023c6d8858a52c9a.jpeg

I'm trying to find a head for Hawkeye, I think this one is pretty good, or at least I like it!
Also bonus Steve from AoU
51489661736_019a05f98_o.jpg

Edit: Actually nevermind.. I modified the old Star Lord head for Clint and I like it way more!!
51490913065_1c196a25c5o.jpg

Edited by TobyAis

On 9/18/2021 at 11:10 AM, TobyAis said:

I'm trying to find a head for Hawkeye, I think this one is pretty good, or at least I like it!

Actually - I liked the first head better. I've had something similar in mind with those frown lines on his cheeks.

I'm curious as to what we'll see for him once his show hits Disney+.

Updated Homecoming and Far From Home minifigs thanks to the new sets
51539771048_bed1101b93o.jpg51539770873_e93d09ac66o.jpg

Edited by TobyAis

The Shang Chi movie was so good that I just had to give the Shang Chi and Xialing figures just a little extra love. 

Shang Chi - Added the bare arms from Darth Maul torso (973pb1484c01). Not perfect but it’s a decent representation of the detail on his suited-up arms

Xialing - Added chef legs with printed hip (970c00pb0673). Just a little extra for her. Also built her a little rope dart. 

Keeping the faces for now, curious what Shang Chi’s head looks like with the new Wong but I don’t want that set and I’m not convinced it will look that much better anyway.

Lego Purist Mods Shang Chi

image0.jpg
image0.jpg

Made a Peggy and Howard which I’m pretty pleased with (Steve is there for comparison, I don’t have the official hair yet)

The Selina Kyle torso from the new The Batman sets would work well for an AoS Daisy or May Minifig (the latter especially, if the black arms are replaced with a plain Dark Blue one and one with the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo from the Helicarrier Maria Hill Minifig). 

76179-1.jpg?202010260930

Made some changes to the Eternals figure, spoilers ahead!

Spoiler

Fallen and loyalist Eternals 
L-R: Gilgamesh, Ajak, Sprite, Ikaris

20211105_234500.jpg

Rogue Eternals (Uni-Mind)
L-R: Makkari, Sersi,, Druig, Kingo, Thena, Phastos20211105_234419.jpg

Edited by lego_guyon02

Being impressed by the Thanos design and character I was getting the Sanctuary ship and the comic style figure (on heavy sale, ship is also pretty cool and unique build!).

Originally I wanted to use the comic-style Thanos and use it as a base for the infinity war outfit. Interestingly I ended up using the Clone Wars Ahsoka torso with a golden armor piece from ninjago and dual molded legs - looks really good! I don't have any filickr yet to post pictures but if anyone has the existing figures, I really recommend the combination!

On 11/5/2021 at 5:52 PM, lego_guyon02 said:

Made some changes to the Eternals figure, spoilers ahead!

Hide contents

Fallen and loyalist Eternals 
L-R: Gilgamesh, Ajak, Sprite, Ikaris

20211105_234500.jpg

Rogue Eternals (Uni-Mind)
L-R: Makkari, Sersi,, Druig, Kingo, Thena, Phastos20211105_234419.jpg

Your Kingo is beautiful, perfectly captures Kumail. I have to ask, what is the head on Thena? I’ve been thinking of using Carina’s from PotC, but that looks good too.

7 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Your Kingo is beautiful, perfectly captures Kumail. I have to ask, what is the head on Thena? I’ve been thinking of using Carina’s from PotC, but that looks good too.

CMF Wonder Woman. I originally wanted to use the DCEU Wonder Women head because of the tiara but it's rather expensive :grin: