Hello Corvette and Speed Champions fans,

the Chevrolet Corvette C4 car, colloquially known as the 'Vette, is a two-door, two-passenger sports car manufactured and marketed by Chevrolet across more than 60 years of production and eight design generations. The fourth-generation was the first complete redesign of the Corvette since 1963 and it is known for its sleek look. It was produced from 1983 to 1996. The model was inspired by one of my favorite Matchbox as a child, the color scheme was inspired by cyberpunk and destopian movies. Building instructions are available on the following links:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-85021/_TLG_/corvette-c4-skull-edition

It is a studless build in the new, 8 studs wide Speed Champions style. I wanted to create a sleek model which is as accurate as possible in this small scale. I prefer to minimize the use of stickers to keep the flexibility of the used parts in further builds, and therefore this model include only one standard Lego vehicle registration plate sticker.

My intent was to keep the width-length-height ratio of the real car and this size makes it possible. The model contains lots of details: for example the hood decoration, the gray bottom part, the glass hatchback, the side-view mirrors, the tiltable seats etc.. Maybe the most challenging one was the iconic rear side with the vehicle registration plate, here there is a half stud offset. I tried to fill every unnecessary gaps and therefore some tricky build techniques are used.

The model has space for two minifigures. I suggest to use small hairs. Without the seats minifigures with bigger hairs can be used too if they are leaned back.

51388564218_33f5b854f9_z.jpgVette C4, Skull e. - Instructions 01 by László Torma, on Flickr

51389052129_0daed96678_z.jpgVette C4, Skull e. - Instructions 02 by László Torma, on Flickr

51389327175_21a60fcc13_z.jpgVette C4, Skull e. - Instructions 03 by László Torma, on Flickr

51388315461_dfe458dc05_z.jpgVette C4, Skull e. - Instructions 04 by László Torma, on Flickr

51389051984_021612cb19_z.jpgVette C4, Skull e. - Instructions 05 by László Torma, on Flickr

51388315286_5e0ea9d3ac_z.jpgVette C4, Skull e. - Instructions 06 by László Torma, on Flickr

I love the decal and the fact that there are no studs. It really gives that clean and sleek look of a real C4 Corvette! The rear is also really accurate, good job.

15 minutes ago, noahtheb said:

I love the decal and the fact that there are no studs. It really gives that clean and sleek look of a real C4 Corvette! The rear is also really accurate, good job.

Thanks a lot!

2 hours ago, noahtheb said:

@_TLG_ I second what Noah said. Plus I also love how you made it to accommodate two people instead of one. Nice cameo by Daisy Kaboom too. 

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I also love how you made it to accommodate two people instead of one. Nice cameo by Daisy Kaboom too

I think this size of cars must have enough space for two minifigs, so I design all of my 8 studs wide cars that way and I really love the Daisy Kaboom minifig :)

Edited by _TLG_

Absolutely adore this. It's spectacular! Well done! Love the shaping, especially around the taillights. It does make me sad to see a C4 with gauges, though. It's all about that digital dash for me.

@Feuer Zug Thanks a lot!

@Carbohydrates Thanks a lot!

On 8/21/2021 at 1:26 AM, Carbohydrates said:

It does make me sad to see a C4 with gauges, though. It's all about that digital dash for me

You are right C4 has a digital dashboard, but I don't have a this type of slope with digital dashboard print and I am also not sure if it is available.

Edited by _TLG_