ncx

Post your Star Wars sets remade in iconic space themes

I have seen some wonderful remakes of SW in Ice Planet colors, see below.  Have you seen or made any MOCs in past space themes that were inspired by SW ships? Maybe even improved them?  Please post them to give us inspiration. This photo was found on Reddit and I would love to make my own MOC diorama as well.

GxtSybH.jpg

I may have a few. :wink:

46084484245_49b6109f22_z.jpg

This is a heavily modified Classic Space version of 2018 Star Wars set 75217 (Imperial Conveyex Transport). It's length has been doubled and the visible weapons have been removed, to make more room for passengers. Behind the trans-yellow glass of the former cargo-cars are seats, so that workers can get to Benny's space base without driving in themselves. (Call it a commuter light-railroad system, without the "rail" part!)

50280209487_802e8f854d_z.jpg

I really like this ship and have since I first saw it, I just had to wait for the instructions for set 75293 (Resistance IT-S Transport from Star Wars) to come out to make sure it could be built in real bricks with the changes I had in mind. (which were quite a lot!) I'm so glad I chose to do it in LDD first before just buying random bricks, as it required SO many modifications to the design (including an actual windscreen and extended cargo bay!) and changing other colors, that I would have been completely lost just swapping parts out at random. But now, here it is, finally, in real bricks: LL-202 Interstellar Frigate.

51358643162_f2a66b7caf_z.jpg

The new set 75311 (Imperial Armored Marauder) has been transformed into a Classic Space version, complete with revised forward-facing side guns. All the hatches still open, but I couldn't use space seats inside this one, but there are plenty (four per vessel) of 2x2 modified tiles with just enough room for air-tanks in the model... at least I hope that will be the case! (Digital only right now, but with plans for buying two soon!)

25518729387_697c22e51b_z.jpg

This ship is actually a MOD of set 7133, Bounty Hunter Pursuit from the 2002 Star wars line. It has been repainted Futron green and white with a Jack Stone piece used as a canopy.

I have more digitally designed (Imperial / CS Patrol bike, Naboo vessels in a few schemes) but not built. I'm not sure if / when though they will get built, so I'm not posting them here.

Edited by Murdoch17

I repainted set 6209, V-wing Starfighter, from the 2006 Episode III wave, in Classic Space colors circa 1982-1983.  I think it's kinda cute.

LL 918 "Nimbus"

A friend of mine had the Deep Freeze Defender when we were growing up. I had no idea how small it was compared to some X-wing models.

I hardly have any Star Wars sets, so I don't have a basis for comparison. There are lots of cool sets are available, but at some point, I have to stop going "I want one of those, and one of those, and . . ."

Edited by Stepwise