Sign in to follow this  
NOD

[SR - FB] Palacio de Ratas Marinas, 128 x 112, Bastion

Artisan: Royal Hotel

51385066532_f91a8db574_b.jpgSRPH14 by Philippe, auf Flickr

This magnificent hotel has recently been finished. The Palacio de Ratas Marinas is built on the beautiful bay. People who have a tax allergy like to spend their vacation here.

51385824541_e9674bfba8_b.jpgSRPH01 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Some guests are swimming, others are on the beach. Still others are under the palm trees.

51386563559_bd403a4c84_b.jpgSRPH12 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The floor and stairs of the entrance area are made of marble. Roses grow next to it. The entrance is guarded by some "friendly" staff.

51386831730_3cb12a3532_b.jpgSRPH10 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Delicious mushrooms grow next to the wall. The Dark Tan are suitable for eating. Red Corsair, the famous energy drink, is made from the red mushrooms. The production recipe is secret. 2 children work. The boy is busy collecting mushrooms. The girl is busy with more important things.

51386071483_349344f6b4_b.jpgSRPH08 by Philippe, auf Flickr

At the back of the building, beer and hot dogs are sold. Just last month pirates boarded attentive Sea Rats found a ship at sea with a load of beer. Not only the hotel guests like to eat hot dogs, Bastion residents also come to eat.

51386563539_946d2debd1_b.jpgSRPH13 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The boy annoys the girl therefore the father makes a sour face and exclaims. Of course, the children also get something to drink. Outside the picture is a sales booth with Sea Rat Cola.

51386831775_70f7e1f77b_b.jpgSRPH07 by Philippe, auf Flickr

There is a flagpole on the beach. It is the Jolly Roger flag of Freedom.

51385066572_9165988b6d_b.jpgSRPH09 by Philippe, auf Flickr

There are tables next to the wall. The pirate good sailor (with the brown hair and beard) that sits next to the 2 women tells his last stories. When talking, he does not take it exactly and exaggerates his own deeds. He doesn't say that he had to peel potatoes and scrub the deck most of the time as punishment on the ship.

51386831715_3ac764e77c_b.jpgSRPH11 by Philippe, auf Flickr

2 Sea Rats children built a pirate ship merchant ship. The father makes sure that the ship doesn't go too far.

51385824561_2a864fcc96_b.jpgSRPH15 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The man on the left with the hot dog and beer calls loud "Hello". Lou Wega the man with the guitar thinks that it is one of his fans. But he did not see him, he wants the attention of the woman with the bag.

51386831780_2c31f005cd_b.jpgSRPH06 by Philippe, auf Flickr

He has already caught the second fish. The woman looks envious.

51386071373_33be60e905_b.jpgSRPH02 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The inside view from the buildings is in progress. I will publish it on February 30th.

51385066497_2e158d7bbb_b.jpgSRPH03 by Philippe, auf Flickr

51386071543_478a62f09c_b.jpgSRPH04 by Philippe, auf Flickr

51386071518_b3a8649d1f_b.jpgSRPH05 by Philippe, auf Flickr

If someone build and license a medium commerce, then Bastion will rise to a city.

Awesome job @NOD! This is a massive building :pir-huzzah2:

The relief in the beach/boardwalk/grass landscape is much more spot on this time. I like the cone/inverted cone deck railing you created.

On 8/18/2021 at 1:05 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Wow ! Amazing hotel... So many ideas, so many details.

The octagonal towers are masterpieces. The forecourt is gorgeous too.

Thank you, the octagonal towers were a new challenge. Because I did not know how I can make the Rooftop I put an umbrella on the top.

On 8/18/2021 at 1:10 PM, Fraunces said:

Very nice one! Good-looking structure.

Thank you, I like the end result too.

On 8/18/2021 at 4:37 PM, evancelt said:

Awesome job @NOD! This is a massive building :pir-huzzah2:

The relief in the beach/boardwalk/grass landscape is much more spot on this time. I like the cone/inverted cone deck railing you created.

Thank you, I usually learn something from my mistakes and do better with the next build.

20 hours ago, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

Wow this is an awesome Built! :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you, building was fun. If you want you can also build something you are welcome at Brethren of the Brick Seas. You have variety and it's fun. Choose a faction that you like best.

Edited by NOD

2 hours ago, NOD said:

Thank you, the octagonal towers were a new challenge. Because I did not know how I can make the Rooftop I put an umbrella on the top.

Thank you, I like the end result too.

Thank you, I usually learn something from my mistakes and do better with the next build.

Thank you, building was fun. If you want you can also build something you are welcome at Brethren of the Brick Seas. You have variety and it's fun. Choose a faction that you like best.

Thanks a lot NOD. :pir-huzzah2: Yeah i think i will built my character this weekend. I have some things in my mind i want to try. I also think i will support the Searats :jollyroger:

Excellent work, NOD. It's full of fun little details to make the moc come alive, and the scale is awesome. I like how it is set at an angle on the base, and how you have made sure there is something going on all around the build.

Very well done all around!

:pir-love:

Hilarious writing too!

And now I imagine a BOBS PC RPG game using all your Stud.io models!!!! If only we could make one!

Off we go dear mr "mambo number 55" singer! 

Edited by blackdeathgr

23 hours ago, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

Thanks a lot NOD. :pir-huzzah2: Yeah i think i will built my character this weekend. I have some things in my mind i want to try. I also think i will support the Searats :jollyroger:

I am happy that you want to join Brethren of the Brick Seas. You are welcome. Your choice of faction is good and wise. I am happy to see your character and the things you want to try out.

9 hours ago, Bregir said:

Excellent work, NOD. It's full of fun little details to make the moc come alive, and the scale is awesome. I like how it is set at an angle on the base, and how you have made sure there is something going on all around the build.

Very well done all around!

Thank you. My biggest challenge was to build something interesting around the build. Angles are very difficult and time-consuming to construct with Studio 2.0, but it comes closer to building with real bricks. The scale is always important to me, it has to fit. Not a 100 x 100 building to meet the requirements. The landscape and surroundings are part of it. This is the only way to make a property interesting.

4 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

:pir-love:

Hilarious writing too!

And now I imagine a BOBS PC RPG game using all your Stud.io models!!!! If only we could make one!

Off we go dear mr "mambo number 55" singer! 

Thank you.

It took me almost 2 weeks to write the text. I looked at a photo and then wrote what I think.

I have my own file of the minifigures that I use over and over again with just a few changes. They're like real minifigures to me now. From the beginning of 6 minifigures, the number has increased continuously. I try to use reasonably matching and different minifigures. A BOBS PC RPG game would be fun.

The text is desanded while looking at the photo. The first singer I noticed wearing a hat (no baseball cap) was Lou Wega. He's wearing a hat and the name sounds (Spanish) Eslandola. His biggest hit was mambo number 55. Lou Wega now lives on Bastion and is at the Palacio de Ratas Marinas.

Massive build, man! I love the general lay-out of the structure with the towers on each corner. The way you did the roofs there is really clever. The whole building looks really exotic! The story was great as well. Really funny in a silly way :laugh:.

4 hours ago, Khorne said:

Massive build, man! I love the general lay-out of the structure with the towers on each corner. The way you did the roofs there is really clever. The whole building looks really exotic! The story was great as well. Really funny in a silly way :laugh:. 

Thanks very much. The construction and the story were intended. It needs to look several times to see everything and it needs to read several times to understand it.

This is such a clever combination of a castle and a loghouse and works great as a sea rat hotel! :grin:  The balconies all around and the columns in front are some of my favorite details, and the layered, almost studless grass and sand is an awesome approach to landscaping at such a fine resort.  Really nice job! :pir-sweet:

Thanks very much. You read it right.:innocent2: First the landscape and then the buildings.:pir-classic:

Great roofing and horizontal tiling, especially in octagonal corners! What are the chimney tops? Just 3*4 tiles with 1x1 plates in corners? Only possible improvement coming to my mind: there should be at least some small windows/loopholes in top levels of towers to let some light in.

1 hour ago, omnihash_cz said:

Great roofing and horizontal tiling, especially in octagonal corners! What are the chimney tops? Just 3*4 tiles with 1x1 plates in corners? Only possible improvement coming to my mind: there should be at least some small windows/loopholes in top levels of towers to let some light in.

Thanks very much. The chimney tops is Part, ItemNo: x845 Fabuland Umbrella. 4589b Cone 1 x 1 with Top Groove, 3957 Antenne 1 x 4.

There are no rooms in the upper part of the towers. Guests can see the roof in their room. That looks cool when you lie in bed and can see the roof.

7 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Wow, that's the place to go.   Do Eslandoleans get vacations?

Thanks very much. People from many nations come to the Sea Rats. It's just a rumor.:innocent2: I heard that some Eslandoleans are hiding the doubloons from the tax authorities in Sea Rats settlements.:grin: This is of course not a vacation but a business trip. Some Eslandoleans even stay forever (Lou Wega).

What a massive hotel!  Neat layout with the four round towers, I also love that you placed it at an angle.  Lots of interesting minifigure activity going on too.  Great work.

Great work on this! The detail is phenomenal.

21 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

What a massive hotel!  Neat layout with the four round towers, I also love that you placed it at an angle.  Lots of interesting minifigure activity going on too.  Great work.

Thank you very much! I enjoy building something big. But it only becomes interesting when the minifigures are positioned.

16 hours ago, KotZ said:

Great work on this! The detail is phenomenal.

Thank you very much! Building the details is the most fun.