pantelis

[Moc] Black Falcons last Kingdom

Hello to all friends , i always wondered if it was worth having to many black falcons knights without a castle...i dont have so many but for sure i have a castle for them!! :classic:

The castle can separate and in the photos below can see the parts from the castle.

In the future i want to make something like a castle diorama with medieval builds outside!!

Thank you for watching every feedback is helpful!!

51379900261_18cc0594ee_b.jpg

51380640609_d75d7126e7_b.jpg

51380912390_fc0c1086cb_b.jpg

51380912315_548b7173d2_b.jpg

51379900371_429974ce37_b.jpg

51379900276_2eb7166c88_b.jpg

51380640284_88b2cb736e_b.jpg

Terrific castle!  I like the second image showing everything spread out a bit.

The stonework is great - my only criticism is the lowest part is a bit plain - it doesn't match the slightly rough texture of the rest of the walls.

The trees and red building are great additions and add some color and interesting details otherwise lacking (e.g. otherwise you just have a large bley building).  Great job!

3 hours ago, jtooker said:

Terrific castle!  I like the second image showing everything spread out a bit.

The stonework is great - my only criticism is the lowest part is a bit plain - it doesn't match the slightly rough texture of the rest of the walls.

The trees and red building are great additions and add some color and interesting details otherwise lacking (e.g. otherwise you just have a large bley building).  Great job!

Thank you very much for this feedback my friend. It's in progress so I appreciate your comments for the next. I hope you enjoy it! 

This is a nice castle.  It looks sleek and solid design wise.  The texturing is nice and not overdone.  I also like the little builds on the outside of the castle.  I also like the fact that you can take the castle apart.  Well done.  

17 hours ago, zoth33 said:

This is a nice castle.  It looks sleek and solid design wise.  The texturing is nice and not overdone.  I also like the little builds on the outside of the castle.  I also like the fact that you can take the castle apart.  Well done.  

Thank you very much for this feedback my friend as always your feedbacks are at the point of the build!! 

Love your wall details! My only suggestion would be that the castle gate towers are massive compare to the rest of the castle, may be build up the back?

amazing castle, like the structure of the wall... simple but very nice! Also like the modular style, that you can put out the buildings out and make it more playable.  You inspire me to build something like this in the future. You made a really good job here! 

can I ask you how big is the castle? I mean dimension... It seems to me to be around 50-60cm high am I right?

Edited by richchie

This is awesome! As large and monochrome as the walls are, the slightly uneven/rusticated stonework helps keep them from feeling too plain/repetitive. The large size also means that this could be a much better companion piece to models like the IDEAS Medieval Blacksmith which would look much too large compared to any "official" castle sets or MOCs of similar size.

I also love the variegated brickwork on the keep (which I'm really glad you made — not enough LEGO castles even bother to include a keep!) and the chimney of the beautiful reimagining of the blacksmith shop set from 1986. I feel like a lot of modern builders tend to avoid using Bright Red for bricks these days due to all the other colors available, but you really demonstrated how beautiful it can with newer colors like Dark Red to complement it! It creates a beautiful balance between that old-school stylized look and more modern levels of detail.

Now, as far as my personal preference goes, I wish there were an accessible interior of some sort — even if unfurnished, it'd be something else nice that you could add to over time. But I also understand that for a larger layout, those interiors would not likely be especially visible or within reach anyhow, so I can't blame you for focusing on the exterior appearance.

All in all, it is definitely an awesome centerpiece to a medieval kingdom, and I'm glad to hear you intend to continue adding more models to it over time!

On 8/21/2021 at 4:04 AM, Wurger49 said:

Love your wall details! My only suggestion would be that the castle gate towers are massive compare to the rest of the castle, may be build up the back?

Thank you my mate for this feedback. It's something that I work to see the size! 

On 9/4/2021 at 12:03 PM, jelletv said:

You have built a nice big castle in my opinion with a lot of details in the walls.

Iam really glad you enjoy it my mate!! 

On 9/5/2021 at 1:06 PM, gads said:

This looks great!

I like the stonework and the castle layout reminds me of the 6074: Black Falcon's Fortress :laugh:

Good job  :thumbup:

Thank you very much for this my friend. Yes to my mind was always the 6074 castle. I think it's an inspiration for a lot of castle Mocs!! 

On 9/5/2021 at 1:47 PM, Chapachuk said:

Just the best casstle moc i have ever seen.

I really appreciate this great feedback my friend. It's a honor a comment like yours for me!! 

On 9/6/2021 at 10:11 AM, richchie said:

amazing castle, like the structure of the wall... simple but very nice! Also like the modular style, that you can put out the buildings out and make it more playable.  You inspire me to build something like this in the future. You made a really good job here! 

can I ask you how big is the castle? I mean dimension... It seems to me to be around 50-60cm high am I right?

Iam really glad that you enjoy it my friend. It's something that I really enjoy when start to build. The all castle can be in 4 32x32 base plates. Was very important for me to move it from my room to any other space of the house.. 

On 9/6/2021 at 3:37 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

This is great. I saw that you are interested in feedback - unfortunately/fortunately I have nothing to criticize. Keep going!

Iam really glad for this feedback my friend. It's always good for me any feedback even yours my friend that means I make something good!! 

On 9/6/2021 at 9:45 PM, Aanchir said:

This is awesome! As large and monochrome as the walls are, the slightly uneven/rusticated stonework helps keep them from feeling too plain/repetitive. The large size also means that this could be a much better companion piece to models like the IDEAS Medieval Blacksmith which would look much too large compared to any "official" castle sets or MOCs of similar size.

I also love the variegated brickwork on the keep (which I'm really glad you made — not enough LEGO castles even bother to include a keep!) and the chimney of the beautiful reimagining of the blacksmith shop set from 1986. I feel like a lot of modern builders tend to avoid using Bright Red for bricks these days due to all the other colors available, but you really demonstrated how beautiful it can with newer colors like Dark Red to complement it! It creates a beautiful balance between that old-school stylized look and more modern levels of detail.

Now, as far as my personal preference goes, I wish there were an accessible interior of some sort — even if unfurnished, it'd be something else nice that you could add to over time. But I also understand that for a larger layout, those interiors would not likely be especially visible or within reach anyhow, so I can't blame you for focusing on the exterior appearance.

All in all, it is definitely an awesome centerpiece to a medieval kingdom, and I'm glad to hear you intend to continue adding more models to it over time!

It's one of the best feadback I have ever read in eurobrick for any of my Mocs. Iam really glad that you understand the point of my build and this is very important for me. That means I make something from my mind and someone else understand exactly what I want to present for my creation.. Thank you very much one more time and it's a honor for me everything I read from you!! 

On 9/7/2021 at 12:41 AM, longjuansilver said:

Very impressive, you've done a good job of capturing the feel of the original Black Falcon sets with these. Is the red building inspired by the 6067 Guarded Inn?

Exactly my friend. The old black falcons castle inspired me to the beginning of the build. Yes I also make a Moc of Guarded Inn and it's my first attempt to Lego ideas page. I really appreciate your feedback!! 

On 9/8/2021 at 10:39 AM, _TLG_ said:

Nice castle, I like the texture of walls!

Thank you very much for this feedback my friend!!