Klaus-Dieter

2022 Friends Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

Here’s some long thoughts from a die hard Friends fan since the beginning. :P 

I don’t like for the 10 year anniversary they choose to stop focusing on the main 5. They’ve been removed from both sides of the box art, none of the sets are centred around them and poor Andrea only comes in one set. I think a more logical thing would’ve been to add to their line up. Even when they do appear, they don’t always look like themselves as both Stephanie and Emma’s hair textures completely change with their alternative hair pieces. Their outfits are all designed to be used by other characters too which is another toll on their identities. Part of Friends’ identity was the fact it had main characters with such strong interests and associations as a result, without a core cast it doesn’t feel that different from City. 

The only acknowledgment of Friends being 10 is on the Treehouse box, the print of the boom box in the Treehouse being the same as the one in Andrea’s 2012 stage, reintroducing the sitting down cat mould and bringing Daniel and Dottie back from 2018. I guess they didn’t want to do gold figures as there would be complaints that DC, Marvel and Minecraft didn’t either. They could have had references to old sets for instance the café in Main Street could have referenced the first City Park Café. Or at least have brought important characters pre reboot like Livi and Matthew back or make characters appearing in the current show for the first time in mini doll form.  I guess the extra facial expressions and new skin tone might be the celebration but the former is only for four mini dolls and it’s high time the latter should’ve been done! :P 

• 30416 Market Stall - This is even a better value than the polybag from last year! The pieces here are rarer and all very nice. I think the 2 in 1 feature feels a bit forced here when it didn’t last year but overall fantastic value! 
  • 41695 Pet Clinic - These 4+ sets are getting blockier and more <insert that tiresome argument> each year. Ironically the colour blocking is getting better and better. The shads used here are all nice! Is it just me or are these getting less prints? Oh well here what’s mattered is the animals and kids get three! I like how they’ve already given the Reddish brown skin tone a vet torso! Now we just need one for a nougat girl. XP I love this skin tone on minidolls I don’t know what took them so long to introduce it. I feel like this should have been a different character to Nandi though as this hairpiece does not hold a candle the one from the amazing one from the street food set. 
  •  41697 Turtle Protection Vehicle - What a glorious little €10 set. I think anyone who is a casual collector of Friends should look into getting this set. You get three animals (including the red crab and baby turtle that can be used with minifigures), two minidolls (Layla in particular looks very nice as our first medium nougat character with glasses and Belle’s hair in dark brown), a nice ATV build and some of the new neon yellow! 
  • 41700 Beach Glamping - This is a very good set that improves on the last glamping one. I dont think this set feels sizeable for €40 though. The size of the centre piece mostly comes from the fabric piece. Then there’s not much to do inside besides cook in a basic fireplace, sit on a stool and sleep on the most simple bed build. The raised nature is nice though and I like the boardwalk leading up to it. The wind turbine is a cute little build too. My favorite built is actually the outhouse. It looks very nice, the colours mesh well and it has a lot of playability for its size. The campfire is a tiny but effective build as well but those stools show the Friends don’t even have their signature colour coded items across the sets anymore. :( As for figures Andrea and Stephanie having reused outfits from several sets and their normal faces cement that this is a big skip for me. Boo as I love Daniel’s torso and legs! 
  • 41701 Street Food Market - Maybe all LEGO sets have just become more expensive and this seems like a bit much for €50, but comparatively it’s quite a good value. I really like all third builds, it’s very difficult to make things distinct yet cohesive and they pulled that off with a varied colour palette. Bravo to the designer!  I really like the simple eating area too. Oh and all the useful stickers! Nachos and a different type of sushi! Stickers aren’t too bad when they’re used right. ;P Then there’s the new chopsticks piece, new sushi tile and orange slice print. To top it off this set comes with an amazing figure selection. I love everything about Nandi (4 exclusive pieces!) and Sebastian is really good too. I feel like Sebastian’s alternative head is the only one that’s exciting as the other two are variants on being happy. 
  •  41702 Canal Houseboat  - I’m shocked it took Friends this long to do one of these it’s a perfect fit with brand. The colour scheme makes me kind of glad they waited so long though as this is very gender neutral. The shaping I’m equally impressed with and I’m very happy to see them using as much space as possible without it feeling cluttered. What it does feel like is charming. Im not sure they really could have done any better with this budget. If I don’t get this set it’ll be because of space. XD The figure selection like the last set is excellent. I’m so happy we already have a set with all four skin tones and three of the sets this wave have two males.  Layla has two new pieces too and Elijah has three! After Naidi’s, Mia’s is my favourite of the new hair moulds. There’s a lot of character to that great looking little piece. :) 
  • 41703 Friendship Treehouse - This is the flagship set and I’ll admit it looks incredible. It’s massive and once again the colour scheme doesn’t feel too girly. Dark brown being used for the tree is a welcome surprise. Remember for the first few years of Friends when they’d mix tan and green shades into the tree to make the brighter? XP I also like them encouraging customisation by having the treehouse be in a repair stage. The wheelchair lift is very inclusive and cleverly integrated into the build. Whoever decided to attach it to the wind turbine deserves a high five. Than the interior is packed with all the essentials. My favourite part might be the inclusion of the honey making area. That is so simple but the amount of play that come from those few pieces is vast. Oh I also like the swing! The butterflies, bees, birds and bunny are all nice inclusions and once again impressed with the figure selection. The three casual torsos are very nice, I feel like Olivia’s didn’t really need any printing. I adore River’s scared face. I wonder if Olivia and Jackson get alternative heads too and they’re just hiding them? I think it be fun if one of them had an eating or honey covered mouth. :P Im still not sold on the wheelchair build but I appreciate its inclusion nonetheless. This is one of the few sets next year that gives you a really good value for your money at retail. I’m don’t think I’ll get it as this thing is huge and I think Mia’s 2018 Treehouse got a lot of what this set accomplished at a smaller size and price point. :P I do think it’s a shame that they advertising this as the anniversary set but there’s only one legacy reference. :( 
  • 41704 Main Street Building - Should this not just be called Main Street? I think those are pretty clearly different buildings. XP The build on the right is very deluxe and I think the detailing is on the level of a modular building. A modular building with Friends colours. While I appreciate the gender neutrality of most of the other sets it’s nice to see a set being unapologetically girly every now and again. I don’t think there’s much to the designs of the other buildings as they’re just flat, but again the colours are nice. I like the modularity of the set and how many different options you can get from it. Unfortunately I think that the flat buildings were compromised to allow this to happen. The elevator hasn’t really compromised any slack, but I don’t think it looks very good but I’m happy for all the fun play experience it’ll give the kids who end up with this set. As for what the buildings represent I’m a little underwhelmed. The café, hairdresser and food shop are all very full for their small sizes but they’re all concepts we’ve had before. Why not take advantage of this unique opportunity and do things that wouldn’t be able to sell as a Friends set on its own like a small police station, florist or bookshop. That aside I do love the double doors. :P I also like the detailing in the apartments on the side, I think the one in the middle leaves a little to be desired. I know they explain that away with the moving truck but I feel like that’s a lazy excuse when they could have easily included a tiny kitchen to make it feel complete. As for the moving truck I do like it. Yay for a new concept for Friends and those useful stickers on the boxes. I also really like the inclusion of the skatepark pipe which includes a coral trash can! I also adore the way they designed main street with that patterned design, the white street lamps and cute additions like a cycle rack, flower pots and fire hydrant. I’m tempted to add this design to my own Main Street even though I’m sure it’ll be very costly. I just love it. :3 Oh the new dog piece is adorable and I’m glad to see Goldie again! 
  • Street Dwelling Minidolls - Again I would have rather had one off character archetypes for this huge set as we get chances to have civilians in basically every other set. That being said I like the look of all of these folks. I didn’t get the set this Stephanie outfit came in so I’m glad to see it here as I think it’s one of the best this team have designed. Savannah looks so cool with her hat. I hope this is a character that continues to stick around. Harper and Evelyvn really stand out for generic teens. I love both their tops and Harper’s legs. Her wheelchair reusing the green wheels from City is also really neat! Dottie coming back is cool, but I miss her cool hairpiece. We need to start getting elderly characters in different skin tones! I’m shocked we already have a Reddish Brown adult male with Trevor, we got our first medium nougat one last year and we don’t have a nougat one. He looks great with his coral scarf and t shirt! Joshua has four new pieces but I think he just looks like a generic Friends man. A better hairpiece or green/grey eyes would have helped. :P I’m impressed Maya has a new face and they didn’t reuse micro Andrea’s or Liz’. I think her torso might be my favourite microdoll one yet! The images and rainbow detailing of the centre apartment suggests these three are a family. A biracial gay parenting duo in a LEGO set in 2022?! We love to see it. 
  • 41707 Tree Planting Vehicle - Another charming set. I think I like everything about it. :P Friends usually gets the short end of the stick when it comes to vehicles but the shaping and colours of this one are really nice, as is the message behind it. The part usage for the planter pots is spectacular and the greenhouse and pump both look good despite their low piece counts. The animal inclusions are charming and I love the characters’ outfits. I have so many Friends vehicles though, so I’m a bit apprehensive about getting this despite it being a great set! 

41709 is a great beach set, maybe a bit modern compared to the 2021 set but looks compatible with the big friends street set, need to see interior to see if it can compare somewhat to Livi pop star house.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 12/4/2021 at 7:02 PM, Soupperson1 said:

Here’s some long thoughts from a die hard Friends fan since the beginning. :P 

I don’t like for the 10 year anniversary they choose to stop focusing on the main 5. They’ve been removed from both sides of the box art, none of the sets are centred around them and poor Andrea only comes in one set. I think a more logical thing would’ve been to add to their line up. Even when they do appear, they don’t always look like themselves as both Stephanie and Emma’s hair textures completely change with their alternative hair pieces. Their outfits are all designed to be used by other characters too which is another toll on their identities. Part of Friends’ identity was the fact it had main characters with such strong interests and associations as a result, without a core cast it doesn’t feel that different from City. 

LEGO literally changed their skintones after 5 years. Friends is rebooted every 5 years. I don't see what the problem is. Do girls / women / humans not change their hair styles?

LEGO made the outfits so they can be changed around? I don't know what you even mean. There are still different skintones, the outfits still match the girls to me. I think you are just gasping at straws to be annoyed by something.

LEGO already came out and said that Friends would have the 'girly' packaging removed and come in line with the rest of their products and I think they look fantasic. 

34 minutes ago, Maple said:

LEGO literally changed their skintones after 5 years. Friends is rebooted every 5 years. I don't see what the problem is. Do girls / women / humans not change their hair styles?

LEGO made the outfits so they can be changed around? I don't know what you even mean. There are still different skintones, the outfits still match the girls to me. I think you are just gasping at straws to be annoyed by something.

LEGO already came out and said that Friends would have the 'girly' packaging removed and come in line with the rest of their products and I think they look fantasic. 

Maybe I didn’t word myself correctly! Basically what I mean for 10 years I was hoping we’d have a big celebration of Andrea, Emma, Mia, Olivia and Stephanie. But instead their roles and personalities were reduced and they no longer feel like main characters in their theme beyond them appearing in more sets than other characters. 

For the hairs I don’t think their original hair textures which they’re continuing to use match these new styles. Stephanie is going from having straight hair in one set to wavy hair in another. I know this obviously happens in real life but obviously here the characters have less detailing so it’s harder to identify them. Plus if characters can have any hairpiece in their colour than what will make them different from other future minidolls with the same skin tone and eye colour?  :P 

As for outfits for instance Andrea used to have musical notes on her clothing and Stephanie would wear more sporty gear which were reflective of their personalities. These new outfits are made to be more generic and less character specific. The 2018 reboot had a strong focus on colours being associated with each character and Mia’s outfit in the treehouse features none of those signature colours. 

As for the gendered issue. I celebrate Friends using a vast colour palette across these set and continuing to incorporate pink and purple. I agree the sets themselves feel less gendered, especially with the inclusion of boys in more sets. But the packaging is the same as previous years beyond the five girls in the corner? The boxes are still purple and the logo is still outlined in pink. I don’t think removing the main characters from the box makes the sets feel less gendered. Ninjago is continuing to have artwork of its characters on the box art as is Disney Princess.

I don’t think most people will care about these little things, but they just leave me a bit disappointed and jealous after Ninjago’s great anniversary year. This just feels like a regular year for Friends. A regular year that happens to have very good sets and I’m glad that everyone seems to agree on that! :pir-huzzah2:

8 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

41709 is a great beach set, maybe a bit modern compared to the 2021 set but looks compatible with the big friends street set

Very interested to see if it intention combines (by modular design) with Main Street! 

41 minutes ago, Agent 86 said:

Very interested to see if it intention combines (by modular design) with Main Street! 

There are pin holes on the sides, and the modules look 8 and 16 wide, especially the purple part looks like using a very similar floor to the others, probably stackable on top of the main street.

Also I like that not every side wall is a simple 1x6 panel.

Edited by TeriXeri

What a fun March wave! 

• 41696 Ambulance - Another amazing €10 set. This is the cheapest set to ever feature a male minidoll! We haven’t gotten the tan standing dog in years and this seems to be a direct reference to the 2013 print. Of course the build of the vehicle is blocky, but it is 4+ and I think it’s shaped better than the usual 4+ car. I really like how the prints match the Vet and their general graphic design. 
  • 41698 Animal Playground - This set uses so many random colours, but I think they all mix really well. Which also means we get a bunch of bricks in rarer colours! None of the builds are groundbreaking, but they are all good and will certainly offer a lot of play opportunities for kids. What I find most shocking is Andrea and Liz both get new outfits. Both of which are very good, Liz’ rainbow hoodie in particular is very cute. Three dogs is always a win too! 
  • 41699 Animal Adoption Cafe - I don’t understand why Friends needs so many cafés. This would have been just fine as an animal shelter. XP The building looks way too flat and I think the striping and vines just draw attention to that and make it look even worse. At least there was an attempt with shaping around the door and roofs. It’s really nice to see the Home Alone door making a return, it’s perfect for a dog flap! The build for the sign looks too blocky and the graphic design doesn’t ring as Friends to me. What does is the stand up sign, it’s a reuse of a sticker from the first Heartlake High! The side builds all look good and with a decent interior I think this set might be saved. Three animals again which is another win. The new beanie combo works much better here on Olivia than it did Stephanie, as the hair textures match. I’m really sick of them putting this outfit for Olivia in set after set. One of the great aspects of the pre reboot were whatever set you’d buy you’d get different combinations of outfits so you’d always get a different one. It’s quite likely now that kids would have this Olivia multiple times. :S On the upside Priyanka looks great! Another new skin tone?! Plus she has an exclusive torso here too! 
  • 41718 Pet Day Care - I think this set is really good! It looks unlike any building Friends has ever done before but really feels like something that belongs in this great theme. Usually I don’t like when buildings use too many colours but I think this really works. Except the stripe of green in the middle and white at the bottom. Everything else from the slides, the overall building design to the giant sign (with the classic Friends’ graphic design) I really like! Again more side builds and lots of potential for fun! The figures I think are the only thing that lets this set down. The tan dog is new and great but the other three animals are super common. Ethan, Emma and River all look great but again reuse exact outfits from previous sets. It’s a shame they couldn’t have made room in the budget for some males with medium nougat or of Priyanka’s skin tone, as those are really missing from these 12 sets which are otherwise very diverse. I do love Priyanka’s torso here!  
  • 41709 Beach House - I think this set looks sizeable and worth its price. Kids will also surly love such a spacious interior with different areas including a table tennis game, pool, kitchen, garden, bedroom, kitchen and gaming console! I just really don’t like the colour blocking and I feel like the overall exterior design could be improved. Like the adoption café and the apartments this set is very flat. There is some attempt with the orange part of adding some texture, but I really don’t think it’s quite enough. Even if does connect with the apartments as others suggest I think they could have made it more dynamic like the new modular Harry Potter Hospital Wing, which is 8+ and this is 7+. Two new colours of the fantastic Vespa inspired piece is very exciting as is the recolour of the sitting cat! :wub_drool: The banana boat is super clever and the jet ski looks very nice for the few pieces it uses. The minidolls are great! I don’t think that blond girl looks like Stephanie beyond the little hints of medium azure in her outfit. But her three new pieces do look great! Mia has a new torso and legs as does Sebastian.

I find the beach cottage 41709 thing to be odd. I'm sure it's made to mix and match with the apartments but I don't like that style at the beach. I really like 41693 style that we got this year. I think it's the pink/purple color mixed with orange and random shapes. It's not working for me.

I'm loving the inclusivity in set 41704 Main Street Building with Maya having two dads. It's great to see Lego representing less traditional types of families  :sweet:

43 minutes ago, Killian said:

I'm loving the inclusivity in set 41704 Main Street Building with Maya having two dads. It's great to see Lego representing less traditional types of families  :sweet:

Oh wow, didn't even notice that in the pictures. That's surprising to see introduced in a Friends set. Pretty cool.

On 12/30/2021 at 3:18 PM, Killian said:

Oh no. That will upset people. I saw someone upset because the Marvel monster set has a rainbow pin for a lesbian character and somehow that was homophobic. :roflmao:

I'm just happy we are getting more males in Friends and more minidolls in sets in general.

On 1/1/2022 at 2:04 PM, Maple said:

Oh no. That will upset people. I saw someone upset because the Marvel monster set has a rainbow pin for a lesbian character and somehow that was homophobic. :roflmao:

Fortunately I think the number of people who are excited by (or indifferent to) this sort of news will be high enough to justify the risk of others being a little uncomfortable. I mean, there are some folks who still think the very idea of sets that portray/promote multiculturalism is fundamentally a bad thing, but that has in fact proven to be a very popular aspect of the Friends theme (particularly in recent years), even among folks who don't otherwise care for the the theme or for mini-dolls in general.

Also, Justin and Trevor's roles in the set itself are ambiguous enough that them being Maya's parents may not even occur to kids or parents who aren't interested in portraying them that way in their own play scenarios.

That said, between Trevor's queer-coded fashion sense, the multiple official pics of Trevor and Joshua waving at each other, the final instruction page showing Trevor on one of the balconies of Joshua and Maya's apartment, etc, I don't think it's TOO big a stretch to imagine that the designers intend for them to be understood as a couple raising a daughter together. I wouldn't mind a little more clarity about the characters and their relationships and roles in the community in the future, though!

On that note, I came across this page today, and it confirms some interesting details about some of the characters in the Main Street Building set!

• Joshua is Maya's dad — which was already heavily implied, but it's good to have confirmation — and talks about her often. He works as an architect with modernist design sensibilities, which sometimes gets him into disagreements with Dottie Rae (who, as we've seen, tends to prefer more vintage aesthetics).
  • Trevor is a good listener who tries to use his creativity to help others express their tastes and personalities — an important skill in his job as a hairdresser.
  • Harper works as a graphic designer who enjoys using geometric patterns in her work. Also, she recently adopted the dark orange kitten that appears in the set. Between those facts, we can probably safely assume that she lives in the yellow and pink apartment unit, since the yellow top floor has a "Cintiq" style graphic design tablet, and the pink middle floor has a bed with a funky striped pattern and a food and water dish for her kitten.
  • Evelyn is Dottie Rae's granddaughter. Like her relative Ethan's "Prankzy" vigilante street artist alter ego, she has a rebellious personality and a taste for punk fashions and aesthetics.
  • Stephanie has recently gotten a job at Coffee & Books, and enjoys making custom latte art for customers.

Apparently there will be more updates coming to this page in the future, which will probably shed light on other aspects of the characters in this set, and hopefully answer some questions I still have. For instance:

• Does Evelyn live in any of the apartments, or does she live elsewhere and come by when she feels like getting a haircut, skating at the skate park, visiting her grandmother, etc?
  • Are Evelyn and Ethan siblings or cousins? For now it's hard to say for sure, since we don't know anything about either of their parents, and as far as I know Ethan hasn't talked much babout his family in the "Girls on a Mission" animated series.
  • Does Harper live alone in her two-story apartment, or does she have a roommate?
  • Do the kitten, dog, and chicken in this set have names?
  • Each of the nine rooms of the Main Street Building will presumably be getting an activity related to one of the tenants, but there are only eight mini-dolls in the set. So who will the ninth activity be for? Maybe one of the pets?

There is also a separate section of the page based on the Friendship Tree House, but it's a little glitched currently (there's a trivia question about the Main Street Building's piece count, but the page doesn't respond correctly to clicking on any of the three possible answers). Hopefully that'll be fixed soon, but in any case there doesn't seem to be any new info there, just a retrospective on various milestones in the Friends theme's 10-year history.

Edited by Aanchir

This is why I miss the 80s and most of the 90s where the characters, besides a few, didn't have names or anything. They can be whatever you want them to be, it's a toy. :pir-huzzah1:

28 minutes ago, Maple said:

This is why I miss the 80s and most of the 90s where the characters, besides a few, didn't have names or anything. They can be whatever you want them to be, it's a toy. :pir-huzzah1:

I mean, even in the 80s and 90s there were some themes like Pirates, Fabuland, and Belville with a LOT of named characters and story material accompanying them, even if you disregard the more limited (and often region-specific) character names and storylines that accompanied Town, Space, or Castle sets of that era.

Moreover, having "official" character names or stories doesn't stop kids or adults from coming up with their own names, personalities, and storylines for them any more than it did back then. In fact, the Main Street Building set in particular seems to be designed with that in mind, since practically all of the furniture can be moved around from apartment to apartment (and the apartments THEMSELVES can likewise be moved around) regardless of which characters they are "matched with" in the official pictures or instructions.

But establishing "official" character names, personalities, storylines, etc. serves as inspiration for folks who prefer to enjoy those sets or themes in that sort of way, rather than always making up all those sorts of details individually. Sure, it's a toy, but that doesn't make it wrong for LEGO to introduce characters who are more than just a blank slate, or for some LEGO fans to enjoy sets and themes that provide those sorts of details.

Also, I realize that your comment probably wasn't meant to be hurtful or mean-spirited. But I feel like reading those sorts of comments over and over can feel frustrating and belittling sometimes, especially when it's often in response to somebody expressing hope, excitement, or enthusiasm for sets and themes that reflect particular demographics, character traits, etc. Even when it's not intended, comments like that sometimes seem to imply that it's foolish or unimaginative to care about whether or not LEGO introduces any of that sort of stuff, or even that it'd be better for them NOT to do so.

It's sort of like how it feels to post something about how much you'd love to see more sets focusing on stuff you feel is under-represented (e.g. themes like Space or Castle; or subject matter for existing themes like a zoo for the City theme or a science museum for the Modular Buildings Collection), only to be met with responses like "it's LEGO, you can just use your imagination to make that stuff yourself." I know that there are a lot of people who ARE totally satisfied with having those kind of creative options, regardless of whether that stuff they like exists in official sets and themes. But many people understandably prefer when LEGO makes stuff more specifically tailored to the sort of themes and subject matter that they particularly enjoy seeing and playing with — even if it's just as a source of interesting parts and decorations to include in their own MOCs, or interesting characters to include in their own stories.

More set names have been released for summer. https://www.instagram.com/p/CYmYo-Qp6WR/?hl=en
So we’re not getting a full space theme but I like that each of the friends get a set based on their interests. The rest of the sets seem a bit of a mixed bag, I’m personally looking forward to the roller disco set and olivias space set just to see what they entail. Hopefully we’ll get a different colouring of pony in the washing station as we only have one. Maybe the wildlife rescue will include the new adult tiger mould from the Disney jasmine set.

Ah so no zoo theme like we speculated! Instead there’s just one wildlife set for Mia. I assume that’s where the Rajah mould will be reused. :) I’m really happy that there’s sets staring the main 5 again. It was really odd that the winter wave had none. This is a much better way of paying tribute to 10 years IMO! These 5 sets have very generous piece counts and I can’t wait to see what they do with them. 

The site that lists the sets has the name for 41708 as a Roller Disco Skating Rink, which is even more exciting! The Recycling Truck is another concept that we haven’t gotten in Friends yes. Hopefully it’ll be executed well. 

All the other sets are rehashes, but as there is an even enough balance I don’t mind. Especially if they are good! :moar:

On 12/31/2021 at 6:18 AM, Killian said:

I wouldn’t have picked up on that myself and it’s still a struggle based on the promo photos, but very cool!

5 hours ago, Agent 86 said:

I wouldn’t have picked up on that myself and it’s still a struggle based on the promo photos, but very cool!

Yeah, it's quite subtle with Joshua and Trevor waving to each other in the pics, plus Maya is pictured alongside each of them suggesting they're her caregivers. And they have a rainbow wall in their apartment.

Of course, kids can make any story they want, they could use Evelyn and one of the guys as Maya's parents if they wanted. I just love that Lego is being inclusive with a non-traditional family, I hope Lego is brave enough to show Joshua and Trevor together in the Friends TV show so kids with 2 same gender parents can feel represented.

Lego have been keeping their descriptions of Friends sets gender neutral for years, saying things like "your child will enjoy this" rather than "little girls will enjoy this", but I love the new direction they're taking with adding more male mini-dolls into the line up to balance out the previously female heavy line up. It's a step in the right direction so that little boys who love cute animals and more "slice of life" themed sets can feel like Friends is also including them.

I hope the inclusive trend continues with Lego putting same gender parents in City sets. They're finally representing the visually impaired and wheelchair users in sets, so they're making lots of steps in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Killian said:

I hope the inclusive trend continues with Lego putting same gender parents in City sets. They're finally representing the visually impaired and wheelchair users in sets, so they're making lots of steps in the right direction.

Fingers crossed! That would be great to see. 

Pictures up of March sets

https://www.jb-spielwaren.de/lego-41709-ferienhaus-am-strand/a-41709/

Interior details of the animal sets are better than expected, whereas the beach house interior is lacking I think. It would make a nice addition to the Main Street. Personally I won’t be picking any of these up but there seems to be plenty of interesting ones coming out in summer, so perhaps it’s a positive!

Really interesting we are getting a drama school and art school and both are really big. Yet the pizza stand is tiny.

I hope they don't fit into the main street or this year's beach set.  Beach set is too modern and very 'meh' to me. I love the 2020 beach shop set.

Do we have a list for the summer sets? I think I might get the treehouse of friendship set, it looks so cool. I hope they do more of that kind of sets. 

On 1/30/2022 at 1:02 PM, Maple said:

Really interesting we are getting a drama school and art school and both are really big.

I wonder if they’ll be compromised of mini “modules” so you can easily combine them to make one big school? 

14 hours ago, Mr No said:

Do we have a list for the summer sets?

Here is the one DragonElves posted: https://www.instagram.com/p/CYmYo-Qp6WR/?hl=en