Another Brick In The Wall

Bricklink Designer Program 2021 Discussion Thread

I got my Mountain Windmill and Clockwork Aquarium, after a single email announcing they were sent.

I'm quite happy with the process :classic:

I live in France, maybe your issues are specific to the USA?

15 hours ago, Wimmer said:

Every week another email with the exact same text, but then a new date. 

You’re lucky you even get an email.

Mine has Backordered status and it says ‘Will be dispatched by 10/9’, however this date updates daily to whatever the current date is. 

9 hours ago, Imrryran said:

I got my Mountain Windmill and Clockwork Aquarium, after a single email announcing they were sent.

I'm quite happy with the process :classic:

I live in France, maybe your issues are specific to the USA?

Yes. Correct. Europe is getting sets first. One of the reasons I guess that I already got about 10 emails telling me “just a bit longer”…. 😡 

I received an actual shipping notification of the Clockwork Aquarium today. So hopefully all sets are now being processed in the US. I ordered this a few days after it opened when it knocked out Seasons in Time and I decided it was nice enough and small enough to get. The other order I placed on the opening day still hasn't shipped and it's labeled as backordered.

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

I received an actual shipping notification of the Clockwork Aquarium today. So hopefully all sets are now being processed in the US. I ordered this a few days after it opened when it knocked out Seasons in Time and I decided it was nice enough and small enough to get. The other order I placed on the opening day still hasn't shipped and it's labeled as backordered.

I only ordered the Venetian Houses in the second round;… and I don’t have anything yet. 
😔 

I called yesterday.  They said the sets should start going out in October.  I'll believe that when I see it. :hmpf_bad:

5 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Same here. Looking forward to receiving it.

30 minutes ago, karmajay said:

I did not receive shipping notices yet but I did have some Lego charges hit my card yesterday.

Which sets did you get and can you tell which ones you were charged for?

I just checked and my card has been charged for more too. Looking at the order, Venetian Houses, Modular LEGO® Store, and Retro Bowling Alley are all now In Warehouse. Mountain Windmill is still labelled as Backordered.

Clockwork aquarium charge and I see it says shipped in my orders. Ventian House charged but not shipped but in warehouse. Retro bowling alley charged but not shipped but in warehouse.

Thanks - I’m waiting on the windmill, so I’ll stay patient but optimistic it’ll ship soon. 

Maybe some good fortune after all ?…

Two days ago I got charged to my credit card for the Venetian Houses set. And yesterday evening an email showed up that my set is shipped. 
Now my only worry is that it will arrive in one piece and the box not be damaged,… like other sets from LEGO do often when they ship them to you. 
I’m getting excited, but I still can get let down by the shipping fiasco of a damaged set ?… 🥹

Got a shipping notice for the Windmill in the US today. Bad news is I am at a low point financially, and -$200 is really not what I needed right now. Why does God play such a cruel joke on me :(

Clockwork Aquarium arrived today. Box ever so slightly dented, but as that's the least important part for me, I'm just happy to have it! Hopefully the others arrive soon (for everyone).

Finally got the mountain windmill.  No damage to the box, but there was no padding for error in the overbox.

My modular Lego store arrived this weekend (in the US).  There wasn't much padding in the shipping box but the set looks pretty mint.  Now that I've got it in-hand, it's kind of an underwhelming set.  I think of Lego stores as being bright, colorful, and oozing fun and joy.  The set, on the other hand, is just kind of plain.  Oh well, it might be good trade fodder down the line.

I ordered the Venetian Houses, and the set is currently at a FedEx hub about 70 miles from my home. Maybe I get lucky that it will arrive today, but it is planned for tomorrow… 😃

Just got my windmill in the US! One corner is a little bent but honestly doesn't matter too much. Just glad I got it tbh

Venetian Houses got delivered. The box was famously packed by LEGO, so it did come out of the shipping box with a little damage. No holes (😮💨), but the front top left corner slightly pushed in, and a crease in the bottom middle of the box. 🙄
Not surprised by that, because that’s almost always the case with shipped sets from them; especially since the shipping box is from a thinner cardboard than the actual set itself. 😂

But I’m stoked to have it. Now we can start building it… But maybe not tonight because “Survivor” is starting a new season !… 😃