Another Brick In The Wall

Bricklink Designer Program 2021 Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Wimmer said:

Hi guys. I just received an email telling me that my one set “Venetian Houses” is Backordered and it will be a while longer… 😔

I guess @Maple was right after all, and I might be the next victim of endless email slow downs for the set to never arrive ?…. 
Never thought LEGO would be this stupid over and over again ?…

I’m so frustrated and disappointed with their organization “skills” right now. 

🙄

The email I got said the sets were backordered and would ship by August 2. I think that's the way their system handles notices of expected shipping dates (although it's a bit silly that they can't change the phrasing).

Did your email have a date in it?

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

The email I got said the sets were backordered and would ship by August 2. I think that's the way their system handles notices of expected shipping dates (although it's a bit silly that they can't change the phrasing).

Did your email have a date in it?

Hi there. First of all; I’m in North America as well. Mine said literally: “Item is out of stock so it will be a little while longer”…

No date at all included. 😔

The second round sets have their 3D instructions added to the LEGO app building instructions now as well…

🤨

16 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Got an email just now saying that the round 2 sets should be shipped by August 2 (I'm in the US). They've said that kind of thing before and missed those deadlines, several times, but it's promising.

Why is it promising? LEGO will just change the date for the next year until maybe the things ship.

Just checked my email. 5 days ago the date changed from July 15th to July 29th, the date it was last month.
That's a full year since I ordered. I never expect o get the set.

Edited by Maple

On 7/5/2022 at 12:36 PM, Maple said:

Why is it promising? LEGO will just change the date for the next year until maybe the things ship.

Just checked my email. 5 days ago the date changed from July 15th to July 29th, the date it was last month.

I just got a second email which is a perfect copy of the first. “Set out of stock and it will be a little while longer”… 

Sounds more like I’ll have to wait forever too from now on ?…

😔

29 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

I just got a second email which is a perfect copy of the first. “Set out of stock and it will be a little while longer”… 

Sounds more like I’ll have to wait forever too from now on ?…

😔

Same. Now says August 9 on my order. Will this be a weekly update of another week's delay? It will be fun, no wait, frustrating, to find out. Although I've still not built my round 1 sets yet. Hopefully will do very soon.

Just checked online in my LEGO.com account and it said the set should ship 07/16/2022, which is today. 
So I guess I will get another email update soon that will tell me differently ?…

It says so in my account as well for both second and third round sets. That date updates every day, so the day it should ship is always 'today'.

Edited by mark1991t

Bricklink has posted that they're shipping sets in Europe now, and that everywhere else will follow in August and September.

I built the Kakapo yesterday, and have to say that I love it. Wonderful set, and not as repetitive as I feared it might be with all those small tiles. There were a few pieces out of order in the bags vs instructions, but not many. And I got one piece in the wrong colour, but otherwise, all good. The final model is superb!

Edited by RichardGoring

13 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Bricklink has posted that they're shipping sets in Europe now, and that everywhere else will follow in August and September.

I built the Kakapo yesterday, and have to say that I love it. Wonderful set, and not as repetitive as I feared it might be with all those small tiles. There were a few pieces out of order in the bags vs instructions, but not many. And I got one piece in the wrong colour, but otherwise, all good. The final model is superb!

That would be good news, but can you tell me where you saw the Bricklink notification, I can’t find any ?

The Kakapo is cute, but I let it go because I was eyeing some of the expensive sets in round 2 and 3… 😉 

1 hour ago, Wimmer said:

That would be good news, but can you tell me where you saw the Bricklink notification, I can’t find any ?

The Kakapo is cute, but I let it go because I was eyeing some of the expensive sets in round 2 and 3… 😉 

They did an Instagram post about it - BrickLink on Instagram: “Thanks so much to everyone who ordered sets in Round 2 of the BrickLink Designer Program! Round 2 sets are currently shipping out to…”

42 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Thank you !  I don’t do Instagram but found the same message on Facebook. I guess I have to wait until maybe September, since I’m on the USA west coast. 

On 7/5/2022 at 3:36 PM, Maple said:

Just got another email, saying that expected shipping date is August 17. We all know that's not accurate, but now we're probably going to get an email every week until it ships. Maple was always right about this, but, you know, trying to be optimistic! :)

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Just got another email, saying that expected shipping date is August 17. We all know that's not accurate, but now we're probably going to get an email every week until it ships. Maple was always right about this, but, you know, trying to be optimistic! :)

I just got an email telling me the “Dispatch Day” for my set is 07/20/2022, and I know that will not happen and then it will be the week after,… maybe ? 😉 

11 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Maple was always right about this.

I like hearing that but this time I wish I was wrong.

LEGO can't make the newer rounds of sets if they still haven't finish making the first round of sets!

7 hours ago, Wimmer said:

I just got an email telling me the “Dispatch Day” for my set is 07/20/2022, and I know that will not happen and then it will be the week after,… maybe ? 😉 

With me they send a new email every two weeks.

Edited by Maple

52 minutes ago, Maple said:

I like hearing that but this time I wish I was wrong.

LEGO can't make the newer rounds of sets if they still haven't finish making the first round of sets!

And there are some really amazing candidates from the recent reviews too.

My favorite thing LEGO does now is BACKORDERED - Will ship by.... today's date. I check about once a week and it's always whatever the date is. So my fishing boat is supposed to ship today. It won't, then it will supposed to ship tomorrow. This will go on until the end of time.

I've just been charged for the next round, guess shipping will be soon!

Can't quite believe that people still don't have the Round 1 sets, you folks have the patience of saints. I hope an explanation is forthcoming.

Edit: current order status is "In Warehouse"

Edited by CastleRail

Exciting progress!

I have, just this last week, started building. I did the Kakapo first and did some of the pursuit of flight this evening. So I might get them done before round 2 ships.

47 minutes ago, CastleRail said:

I've just been charged for the next round, guess shipping will be soon!

Can't quite believe that people still don't have the Round 1 sets, you folks have the patience of saints. I hope an explanation is forthcoming.

Edit: current order status is "In Warehouse"

That’s great !  I’m happy for you guys in Europe. I’m just hoping that for us in the US it will mean that not all hope is lost yet and there might the light coming at the end of the tunnel…

It has been long enough, and the notifications are totally insane; they change by day to the next calendar day date !….🙄

Just got a new email again. Item still on Backorder, and will ship on 07/28/22. 
I’m on the USA west coast, so it will be at least another month of these updates. 

I go and check my order status, contact costumer service. I've gotten 20+ emails from Lego changing the shipping date. I don't get an email saying I need to contact them. I'm beyond pissed off at what this company has become. I'm tempted to just call this hobby quits at 30 years.

3 hours ago, Maple said:

I go and check my order status, contact costumer service. I've gotten 20+ emails from Lego changing the shipping date. I don't get an email saying I need to contact them. I'm beyond pissed off at what this company has become. I'm tempted to just call this hobby quits at 30 years.

It would be a shame to stop doing something you enjoy because the admin of the company is poor. I hope the frustration fades once you, finally, get it. Good luck!

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

It would be a shame to stop doing something you enjoy because the admin of the company is poor. I hope the frustration fades once you, finally, get it. Good luck!

Every single part of LEGO has become piss poor.

The parts are in the wrong bag. Parts are missing. Quality of parts is garbage. Trans pieces are all stretched. Stickers. More stickers and ever more stickers. The pieces that are printed are worst than they have ever been. The colors of parts don't match. The printing of minifigures somehow keeps getting worse.

So what does LEGO do? Increase the prices of sets 25%. This after LEGO made 2 billion dollars.
Disgusting company.