Another Brick In The Wall

Bricklink Designer Program 2021 Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, Straiter said:

The obeservatory was "on sale" so for most people it was considerably cheaper than expected.

On my order status page, it shows now the correct price (269,99), although I ordered it for 219,99 (Dutch price).

54 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

On my order status page, it shows now the correct price (269,99), although I ordered it for 219,99 (Dutch price).

And now you have to guess which price they will charge when they ship it.

10 hours ago, chill9394 said:

I wish they would sell the instructions for the projects that didn't make it. At least the fan designers can then get something for their effort and supporters can still try build those sets by sourcing their own bricks. This was in the initial terms which this program first launched but they took it out when the program changed to the current 3 round structure instead of just one round for all.

Anyway, I think this is a great program to give those unapproved ideas a second chance and hope that they will run it again sometime in the future. Especially looking forward to all those gorgeous unapproved modulars over the last few review rounds.

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/support/main.page?utm_content=subnav

They were planning to sell instructions for unreleased ones that didn't make it. That got changed to investigating releasing them. But nothing has come of it.

It might be that they think there will be a backlash against them if they try to sell instructions when others are given away. Plus there is no way to protect them.

It is probably easier to just release them back to the designers and let them sell them or give them away, whatever they prefer. I can imagine some designers giving them away, with a note along the lines of if you enjoyed this build then vote for my other IDEAS submissions here, here and here.

2 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Still 2 499 SEK instead of 3 199 SEK for me. I hope they don't change it, because I don't want to cancel it. EUR 269,99 would've been fine, but 3 199 SEK = 305 EUR and that's a tad too much.

6 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Well, yes. But just curious given that the LEGO store in the previous round sold very quickly, but it's not to the same scale as the regular modulars. Whereas this one is.

Yes, true. More expensive, because it's larger, but maybe doesn't have the refined detail/charm of a standard set that packs in a lot in a smaller package.

Not just because it's larger than most, but the price per piece is also a lot higher. Assembly square got over 600 parts more than the construction site but is still cheaper.
The construction site got about 10% more parts than the boutique hotel and the police station but cost about 50% more.

Another con is that it's got no physical instructions.
Biggest pro is of course that it's limited.

47 minutes ago, Straiter said:

Biggest pro is of course that it's limited.

That is only a pro if it makes you happy that only another 9999 people have the same bit of cardboard packaging as you.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

That is only a pro if it makes you happy that only another 9999 people have the same bit of cardboard packaging as you.

I recycle my cardboard packaging. Did that make me a bad person? :look: :wink:

Pathetic LEGO. Pathetic.

Still waiting on my fishing boat, was supposed to ship June 3. Now June 17, next week it will be June 29th, then July 10th.

9 hours ago, Straiter said:

Another con is that it's got no physical instructions.

Based on the instructions for the kakapo, I don't think this is a con. If the other instructions are as bad as those ones I'm glad Lego didn't waste the paper to print them.

11 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I recycle my cardboard packaging. Did that make me a bad person? :look: :wink:

If they are boxes for the ADP and BDP sets, you can get a fair bit for them.

Okay guys this is little bit weird but I need to try it.

Round 3 is over. I was waiting for Studgate train station from start of this bricklink program. And something went wrong. Card pay wasnt authorised 2 times by lego and payment by paypal wasnt charged also. (Money were blocked but they unblock it after my communication) :def_shrug:

*important notice* In same time I was ordering Winter chalet and it went without problems by card - got my order on lego site. :wacko:

So I tried to contact support but they told me, its impossible do order if its sold out and they dont have any request for ordering from me. Money on Paypal were blocked but thats all. Well, I dont think so that problem was on my side, if I could buy one set and couldnt buy another but... nevermind. (yes, all options for paying by card was allowed like it should be)

The main point of this post is - Is there somebody who did order for Train station and he doesnt really want it or going to cancel order? Especially from Europe. I would definitely buy it from you. I dont want set to sell out, Im that fan of lego, who is building them up. :classic:

I know that it will be on bricklink when they release it, but I dont want to spend 500€+ for one set. Its out of my budget. So Im trying this way if there is someone who order all of them and doesnt really want it. If there is anybody like that, please contact me.

Thank you. :innocent2:

18 hours ago, tomorrowboy said:

Based on the instructions for the kakapo, I don't think this is a con. If the other instructions are as bad as those ones I'm glad Lego didn't waste the paper to print them.

Haven't built that one yet. How bad are they?

On my LEGO order page all my orders are listed as "backordered", except for the diner which is listed as "waiting for new stock". What does it say on y'alls orders?

Same here. I ordered both the Chalet and the Studgate station. Both say “Backordered” as well. 

And I have the Venetian Houses of round two still listed as “In Process”…

Edited by Wimmer
Added statement.

23 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

On my LEGO order page all my orders are listed as "backordered", except for the diner which is listed as "waiting for new stock". What does it say on y'alls orders?

All the items in my order (including the diner) say 'backordered'.

Currently building a bricklinked Castle In the Forest (if anyone has a box for sale…)

truly brilliant set!

does anyone know why Lego has other digitak instructions than usual? They are more of MOC-instructions quality and harder to follow. Why not use Lego’s official instructions system?

On 5/20/2022 at 8:05 AM, tomorrowboy said:

This post has some images and notes about them.

Thanks!

I built the Kakapo (and the Sheriff's Safe) over the weekend.
For the Kakapo I read that post and then decided to use the app instead of the pdf I downloaded when they were released.
Not trying to humble brag but I didn't have any problems whatsoever with the instructions and I didn't feel like something should've been built before/after they actually were.
(I believe they changed some steps for the app version because I didn't even notice those horrendous examples.)

For the Safe I used the pdf and it had a missing step. To be fair it was quite obvious what to do. (It was for the wanted poster on the side of the safe.)
But I have absolutely no idea how to get the locking mechanism to work. The instructions weren't very clear about that.
I still got a bunch of sets to build, but when I get some more free time I might rebuild the lock using the app...

My Fishing Boat got delayed for the 10,797th time with the new date of August 3rd. 

So should we take bets on when (or if) I ever get the set?

4 hours ago, Maple said:

My Fishing Boat got delayed for the 10,797th time with the new date of August 3rd. 

So should we take bets on when (or if) I ever get the set?

I feel bad for you, I really do. But I hope that you’re the one off “case” this is happening too ?

It would not be good for LEGO to have this fall apart for every set from the program ?…

plus I like to think that they’re better organized than that anyway ?

7 hours ago, Wimmer said:

plus I like to think that they’re better organized than that anyway ?

You can think that, but they aren't. This is exactly LEGO. This fits into modern LEGO perfectly. They have become a joke. I rather they just cancel it. I have gotten no less then 20 of these emails delaying the set 2 more weeks and then 2 more and then two more.

It shouldn't be this hard to make a few thousand of a set for North America.

45 minutes ago, Maple said:

You can think that, but they aren't. This is exactly LEGO. This fits into modern LEGO perfectly. They have become a joke. I rather they just cancel it. I have gotten no less then 20 of these emails delaying the set 2 more weeks and then 2 more and then two more.

It shouldn't be this hard to make a few thousand of a set for North America.

I'm sorry that you've not got your set yet. They did say that the sets would be shipped in June, although that was back in February and things are pretty tricky in global shipping and supply chains right now. But it must be frustrating, and it sucks. They haven't done a good job on this program and they could have done better. However, I'm still pleased that the program exists at all. Hope you get your sets soon.

57 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I'm sorry that you've not got your set yet. They did say that the sets would be shipped in June, although that was back in February and things are pretty tricky in global shipping and supply chains right now. But it must be frustrating, and it sucks. They haven't done a good job on this program and they could have done better. However, I'm still pleased that the program exists at all. Hope you get your sets soon.

I have literally gotten 20 emails with 20 different dates. It was wasn't just June. I was told last November it be shipping soon. In May it said May 8th, 23, June 3, June 21, now August 3. This is outrageous. There are no excuses for this.

A lot of people in NA received their phase 1 sets (including me) so it does seem to be a limited problem. I'm sure that does not make you feel better - hope it works out for you. 

Got an email just now saying that the round 2 sets should be shipped by August 2 (I'm in the US). They've said that kind of thing before and missed those deadlines, several times, but it's promising.

40 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Got an email just now saying that the round 2 sets should be shipped by August 2 (I'm in the US). They've said that kind of thing before and missed those deadlines, several times, but it's promising.

I received the same e-mail (also in North America) for the two sets I supported in round two. I am hoping Lego ironed out some of the kinks and the sets are shipped on time but am expecting delays with pandemic related issues and the like. The world seems to be a much different place than it was a few years ago and I will remain patient!

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

1 hour ago, crowe-k said:

I received the same e-mail (also in North America) for the two sets I supported in round two. I am hoping Lego ironed out some of the kinks and the sets are shipped on time but am expecting delays with pandemic related issues and the like. The world seems to be a much different place than it was a few years ago and I will remain patient!

Hi guys. I just received an email telling me that my one set “Venetian Houses” is Backordered and it will be a while longer… 😔

I guess @Maple was right after all, and I might be the next victim of endless email slow downs for the set to never arrive ?…. 
Never thought LEGO would be this stupid over and over again ?…

I’m so frustrated and disappointed with their organization “skills” right now. 

🙄