Another Brick In The Wall

Bricklink Designer Program 2021 Discussion Thread

16 minutes ago, BitByBrick said:

Received yet another email saying the Castle I ordered is “out of stock”. There is no estimated shipping date anywhere in the email. All it says is “Backorder”. This is the third such email this month. It was December 2nd that LEGO emailed and said the set was getting ready to ship. Haven’t been able to get a straight answer out of LEGO customer service about a ship date. BrickLink has ignored my request for information as well. People keep saying February (for US). I have my doubts, having received no solid information from either LEGO or BrickLink. Getting a little frustrated with this “blind” wait. Anyone have any luck getting possible delivery info?  

Glad to hear someone else got the backorder email. Yours should have a shipping date.

My email says "Will be shipped by Feb 17, 2022" - it's right above the blue box at the bottom of the email near the red "Backorder" status. Of course, my last two backorder emails said it would ship by February 8 and 9, so take it with a grain of salt.

2 hours ago, mvLego said:

Glad to hear someone else got the backorder email. Yours should have a shipping date.

My email says "Will be shipped by Feb 17, 2022" - it's right above the blue box at the bottom of the email near the red "Backorder" status. Of course, my last two backorder emails said it would ship by February 8 and 9, so take it with a grain of salt.

Same for me.

3 hours ago, mvLego said:

My email says "Will be shipped by Feb 17, 2022" - it's right above the blue box at the bottom of the email near the red "Backorder" status. Of course, my last two backorder emails said it would ship by February 8 and 9, so take it with a grain of salt

Thanks. Wasn’t showing up on my phone email at all. Logged in to a bigger device and it showed up there. Go figure. Mine says ship by Feb 17. The previous emails said Feb 8 and 9 as well. At least I’m not the only one still waiting. What’s making this more painful is they dropped the digital instructions already one month ago. Here’s hoping they don’t again push it further away… like Lucy who keeps moving the football on poor Charlie Brown. 🏈

Just had an email from LEGO saying that my order (to the US) from round 1 will now be shipped by March 3. This is the third email update I've had with a delayed delivery, so I suspect it means that it will arrive when it arrives and we have no idea when. Hopefully it will be a nice summer evening building experience.

Edited by RichardGoring

6 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Just had from LEGO saying that my order (to the US) from round 1 will now be shipped by March 3. This is the third email update I've had with a delayed delivery, so I suspect it means that it will arrive when it and we have no when. Hopefully it will be a nice summer evening building experience.

Yep. Same. I don't even really mind the delays that much overall, but the constant bait and switch is getting annoying. Has anyone actually gotten their sets yet?

1 hour ago, tomorrowboy said:

Yep. Same. I don't even really mind the delays that much overall, but the constant bait and switch is getting annoying. Has anyone actually gotten their sets yet?

I think everyone in Europe has, but it's delayed for the rest of the world. To be fair, they did say it would be delayed, just a shame they gave a date of February and are then delaying it more. 

3 hours ago, tomorrowboy said:

I got an email in the beginning of December that said my fishing boat would ship out soon.

That's it. Nothing sense.

Delays aren't a big deal to me...it will arrive when it arrives. We remain in the middle of a global pandemic after all. 

I'm really not annoyed that it's delayed. I get that there were unexpected issues (or that the expected issues were worse than the initial worst-case scenario).

That said, it would be nice if they could share more info on the delays beyond "global shipping situation" - what about the shipping situation? Are the boxes picked and waiting for transportation? Are they still waiting for pieces to be shipped to the warehouse for picking or sorting? None of this makes the delivery faster, but at least lets us know the program is still on their radar and hopefully gives a more accurate ballpark estimate.

23 minutes ago, mvLego said:

I'm really not annoyed that it's delayed. I get that there were unexpected issues (or that the expected issues were worse than the initial worst-case scenario).

That said, it would be nice if they could share more info on the delays beyond "global shipping situation" - what about the shipping situation? Are the boxes picked and waiting for transportation? Are they still waiting for pieces to be shipped to the warehouse for picking or sorting? None of this makes the delivery faster, but at least lets us know the program is still on their radar and hopefully gives a more accurate ballpark estimate.

I suspect, given that it's a low volume run and people in Europe have their sets, that they have them all picked, boxed, and ready to do. They're just waiting on a container to put them in, or it's on a container waiting to come into port. Although none of that really changes when we'll get them. Knowing that it will arrive at some point is nice.

I do wonder if any logistical issues that have occurred may make Lego think twice about running another BL Designer program in the future?

I just got an email that my first sets I've ordered have shipped! In the US. Only the first order is shipping. Other 2 orders I have are still backordered. 

My order has shipped too. Although it says that I ordered three Pursuit of Flight (and they've charged me for three too), which is somewhat annoying.

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

My order has shipped too. Although it says that I ordered three Pursuit of Flight (and they've charged me for three too), which is somewhat annoying.

How many did you originally order? 

Got my order delivered. I'm slightly bummed I didn't order the fishing boat, but still excited to have the castle in-hand.

I had to call customer service to update my payment details, but it's still showing as "Contact Us". Hoping my Pursuit of Flight ends up arriving...