Another Brick In The Wall

Bricklink Designer Program 2021 Discussion Thread

Can't wait for round 2. Is that meant to start on 1/9? They have taken down the original FAQ and revised structure of the crowd funding page so not sure if round 2 will still be Sept since they have expanded round 1 to 10,000 sets.

Really looking forward to Brickwest Studio, Winter Chalet and Mountain Windmill. Hopefully there will be a limit of 1 per account so more people can get their desired set.

For a time recently they had that round 2 would start on November 1, but at the same time also said the current round was closed, so it may all have been a mistake. I hope it's sooner. I hope they have more sets available so they don't sell it mega fast. And I hope that all the sets I like get funded, and that I get one! ;)

They did suggest that all future found would have a limit of one per account though, which use probably the best move if all else stays the same. But I still don't buy their argument that people like these sets to be exclusive, which is why they are sticking with a small limit. I think resellers do. People who want to build the sets likely don't care much.

5 hours ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

Three days to go for Round 1 pre-orders. 

Looks like only 2/5 will sell-out. I am surprised Kakapo has edged Pursuit of the Flight in sales. 

I'm not. The instructions were released a couple of years ago so some of the people that might have bought it have already built it.

10 hours ago, AndyB1 said:

I've built it from the instructions and it is excellent. 

Me too. I've also built the SW version. I'm not buying it as two of them are enough for me.

Announcing Round 2 Projects - Launch Date: Late 2021

I'm voting for

1. Brickwest Studios
  2. Ruined House
  3. Mountain Windmill
  4. Seasons in Time Calender
  5. Clockwork Aqarium 
Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

Very excited!!! Late 2021, probably a good thing to spread the spending as there are too many good D2C sets as it is from Lego.

Surprised the observatory tower is not in this round. Also, Anatomini is also withdrawn due to complexity. They must be strict on stability.

I will go for 4 sets this round

1. Brickwest Studio

2. Mountain Windmill

3. Retro Bowling Alley

4. Seasons in Time Calender

I'd like any of 

Mountain Windmill
Seasons in Time: Calendar 
Retro Bowling Alley
Brickwest Studios
Science Adventures 

But I suspect the LEGO modular store will get through.

Edited by RichardGoring

I updated the original post.

LEGO Modular is so unappealing. It really doesn't fit well with existing Modulars. it's interior is straight out boring. Judging be the early chatter at various comments sections, Brickwest Studio, Mountain Windmill and Seasons in Time: Calender are the frontrunners

The third (and last?) round will compromise of 

• SPACE TROOPERS 
  • 1950's DINER 
  • TRAIN STATION: STUDGATE 
  • WORKING WATERFALL
  • EXPLORATORIUM 
  • VENETIAN HOUSES
  • WINTER CHALET
  • MODULAR CONSTRUCTION SITE 
  • MOUNTAIN VIEW OBSERVATORY 
Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

Hey guys, I wonder how much the Calendar might cost. This is the only project I'm interested in but I afraid the cost might be too high given the amount of parts

29 minutes ago, adwind said:

Hey guys, I wonder how much the Calendar might cost. This is the only project I'm interested in but I afraid the cost might be too high given the amount of parts

Not sure, but you'd have to assume at least $250 given the piece count and pricing of the round 1 sets.

Fortunately, hopefully, we'll get your Ideas set before then. Really looking forward to it. I hope you like how it turns out (and that we all do too).

25 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Not sure, but you'd have to assume at least $250 given the piece count and pricing of the round 1 sets.

Fortunately, hopefully, we'll get your Ideas set before then. Really looking forward to it. I hope you like how it turns out (and that we all do too).

Thanks mate, sounds like a fair price but I'm still not sure whether to buy it or not... I don't like the fact that all the spare parts don't fit into the drawer any more. But anyway it's a great concept and design.

P.S. I really do like it ;)    

41 minutes ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

Does anybody know when Round 1 preorders ship? 

They've said January for the first part of round 1 and June for the second round of round 1.

Interestingly Space Troopers is now the only model not in the Test Building phase for Round 3.  Mountain View O observatory, intended for Round 1, is now into Test Building so will be in Round 3.  Luckily for me The Train Station: Studgate has been made one of the Round 3 projects, which I'm now expecting in early 2022, so I hope I'll be able to pick that one up.

What are people's thoughts on what will make it in Round 3 and what are the frontrunners? 

I'd suspect Observatory, Winter Chalet and Traingate would be the top 3. But what others?

In for the windmill! Bummer though how long its going to take to actually get the set. Will be late 2022

A lot of the ones in both round 2 and 3 are really large. Some well over 3000 pieces. The train station and ruined house are about 4000 pieces. So they're going to be expensive. Will that dampen demand compared to the castle and fishing boat which are both desirable and relatively small and modestly priced (compared to what they could have been)?

My favourites for round 2 are:

Mountain Windmill
Seasons in Time: Calendar 
Retro Bowling Alley
Brickwest Studios
Science Adventures 

For round 3:

1950s Diner
Train Station: Studgate
Exploratorium
Modular Construction Site
Mountain View Observatory

In a way I'm hoping they don't all make it, so I don't get tempted to try and order all of them!

The Winter Chalet is also really cool, but it feels like it's on a different scale to the Winter Village sets. 

My predictions for Round 2/3 (with reasons):

• Windmill (fantasy/medieval)
  • Brickwest Studios (wild west)
  • LEGO store (People have been asking for a proper one for a while now)
  • Bowling Alley (retro)
  • Seasons in Time (novelty item)

• Space Troopers (the only space/sci-fi project in the whole program + classic space)
  • Studgate (train fans)
  • Diner (retro)
  • Exploratorium (steampunk)
  • Winter Chalet (solid addition to winter village)

I think I will vote for the Windmill and Brickwest Studios this round and Studgate Station (Studgate and Castle in the Forest are my favourites)  and the Modular construction site in round three.