I'm wanting to build a single GBC loop and am looking for a ball pump mechanism that isn't too tall. That is, I want something where the balls can be fed in as low as possible. Anyone got instructions?

Steve

I seem to remember one that used a piston mechanism and a slope brick, but I can't remember where I saw it or how it worked.

Steve

6 hours ago, Athos said:

I seem to remember one that used a piston mechanism and a slope brick, but I can't remember where I saw it or how it worked.

Steve

I believe you could have simply a slope-thing that moves back and forth, and try to make a linkage that allows moving the crankshaft elsewhere instead of below, as they typically are. But I don't think simple ball pumps are that tall anyway, so I wonder how low you really need to get? If you want just to move balls upwards, there are several different kinds of mechanisms that allow balls to start as low as table itself if necessary, but they might be taller than a pump otherwise, or limited in the practical lifting height.

13 hours ago, Athos said:

Something like this?

Ball%20Pump%20(GBC)_001.png

6 hours ago, howitzer said:

If you want just to move balls upwards, there are several different kinds of mechanisms that allow balls to start as low as table itself if necessary, but they might be taller than a pump otherwise, or limited in the practical lifting height.

You could feed one of those mechanisms into a standard ball pump for both a low input and the advantages of a ball pump.