On the edge of the eastern side of Varlyrio, brushing up against the mountains where the dwarves and gnomes have their dwellings, there is a great waterfall formed by the great, rocky wall of stone that leapt up in the midst of the river when the two islands collided together in the legendary past.  The mists hung low over this waterfall when Dialto de Fiori rode up to it, wounded and heartsore after the great tragedy of his would-be-wedding, with a broken lance-end from his challenge to Sir Baiamonte embeded in his side...

51349008491_4ab409cd6b_z.jpg

Hey y'all!  It's been too long since I've posted here, but I hope this makes up for the delay!  Built for the SJ Ambiance category (though I don't expect to win anything - there are way too many fantastic entries!), but it's was an awesomely inspirational category and I'm really happy with how it turned out!  Inspired by an illustration of Sir Pellias from an old book on King Arthur and his knights, and this part in particular of the awesome history of Varlyrio (which I wrote :tongue: :laugh:) is something I've always wanted to flesh out in the brick!

Also (in a slightly different version - but gotta admit I prefer the medieval one, haha! :grin:) I made it to finalist in the Ideas contest!  Would love any votes y'all want to send my way! :grin: :classic:

Thanks for viewing, y'all's C&C is always more than welcome! 

Fantastic photo composition. It creates a perfect atmosphere. This photo is proof that sometimes a rather plain rock work can act as a stunning background. While the lone rider fits the scene, I prefer the deer one. The rockwork creates a nice background, and the waterfall has an interesting color combination, but it creates a perfect flow of the water. Well done. :thumbup:

I love the waterfall - the transition from white to trans-clear (and dark-trans-clear?) works very well here.  Congrats and good luck on the ideas contest!

The big moon here is so striking, great job also on the falls and the knights pose.  Can't pick a favorite between that and the deer myself!

The apple green looks lovely with lime and bright green on the rocks.  Great transition of water colors going in front of the falls too.

Ah, an excellent exerpt from Varlyrian history! What a legend Dialto was. Awesome depiction! Inspires me to work out the full history of Varlyrio, I really must make the time! 

A truly emotional build, sir Garmadon. 
The mist, the moon, the falls, the bubbly path of darkened water... oooh the melancholy! 
And it's so heartwarming to read through the rich history of Varlyrio. 
Impressive work, from North to South.

Great work here Garm!  Yes, this was a crowded category but I really liked your entry.  The moon hanging over the waterfall and highlighting the black knight all the way through the reflection is fantastic. :thumbup:

Nice artwork!  I particularly like the knight in black.  The texture on the falls and moon look nice.  If I were to offer a suggestion, I think the whole scene would look even better if you had a full Lego sky built.  The drawn in sky is OK, but in my opinion detracts somewhat from the rest of the awesome brick built scene.