Hi there, I want to share my latest version of my LEGO BMW M3 (E30) with you.

I'm interested in getting your feedback.

800x450.jpg   800x450.jpg  

800x450.jpg (800×450)   800x450.jpg

I've also made a video, where I demonstrate the functions and which sows the details a bit better.

I hope you like it. 

I've also made instructions, available on Rebrickable. 

Excellent, in every way. I especially like how well enclosed it looks.
Scheduled to be frontpaged.

Wow, that's a beauty! Instantly recognizable and a very clean build. The attention to details is outstanding. Personally I do not like rubber band suspensions but still better than no suspension at all. Also the A-pillars hanging loosely off the roof and the edged sidelines are not perfect. But I have no idea how to improve either issue and this is just the usual nit-picking. :-) Your model could easily be the next Creator Expert car and the frontpage is well deserved. Hope to see more from you soon.

Just saw this while browsing on The Lego Car Blog! Congrats on making an appearance over there!

I really like the shaping of this car, especially the grille and headlights. But the best part is that you went so far as to include the entire exhaust system, all the way along the underside! Kudos for that. :)

Hi there, I'm very happy about your feedback and very proud for getting frontpaged! 

You even helped me to get blogged by "TLCB", that's awesome! 

The model is very well built. You can see the diligence of execution. Great details. But it does not hold the proportions of the original. The front is too long. The rear door post is too thick. The front lights are too big.  From the side, it looks more like an Audi Quattro than like a BMW. The whole makes a caricature impression. You can see that you put a lot of work into it. 

Look excellent! I like how you recreated the driveshafts and exhaust piping on the underside. Little details are what really makes a MOC great!

Sorry, I am a bit late to the party, but I have to say the model is brilliant. The amount of details on the engine is just crazy. But my favorite part is the fact that you have the courage to cramp the suspension in. Usually people don't bother at this scale, but I am glad you did. Great job!

I love it, too.

The only thing that disturbs me a little is the "bricky" aspect of the roof and the hood, but I do not know if it could be done differently.

Everything else is top-notch to me: exterior, interior... heck, even the underside is just beautiful! Also I love removable engines, and yours seems great. Kudos!

Just one question: the 2 gray ovoidal shapes in the back, are they audio speakers?

I was  shocked by the attention to the details, especially in the interior!!

I think if LEGO were ever to do an official BMW M3 (E30) set, then this would be it.  It looks really good! 

Oh, I missed stopping by here far too long! 

Thanks for all the nice comments! 

On 9/8/2021 at 10:40 AM, Celeri said:

I love it, too.

The only thing that disturbs me a little is the "bricky" aspect of the roof and the hood, but I do not know if it could be done differently.

Everything else is top-notch to me: exterior, interior... heck, even the underside is just beautiful! Also I love removable engines, and yours seems great. Kudos!

Just one question: the 2 gray ovoidal shapes in the back, are they audio speakers?

Yes, these should be audio speakers. I was thinking about some "Blaupunkt" Stickers or something like that to make it clear. 

Again, thanks a lot for all the nice words. Makes me happy :-) 

Really nice scale model! Love the engine and the fact you made a "realistic" underside as well! :thumbup:

_ED_