Henjin_Quilones

CDC2 Ancient Wonders: The Nest of the Flying Tiger God

The Nest of the Fying Tiger God

An entry for the Ancient Wonders category of the second countdown challenges.

High up in the Rakath Mountains, close to the roof of the world, lies the Nest of the Flying Tiger God, a monastery and temple complex devoted to the worship of the deity who is said to have once dwelt in Tiger's Nest Cave. The structure is built above, around, and even in the cave, which is very ancient and filled with the marks of the claws of some giant beast. Numerous experts from the University of Petraea over the centuries have come and explored the scored furrows in the rock, and all agree that they appear to be the marks of very large tiger claws, claws larger than any tiger ever heard of. The experts could not agree about whether such a mighty tiger could have existed, or whether a flying tiger had ever existed (for of course, the only way out of the cave is by flying, since the drop from the cave mouth is a thousand feet or more to the valley floor below). Some suppose that it could have been an extremely large and striped gryphon, but no further evidence supported such a claim. But the inconclusive opinions of the experts have done nothing to quell the fervor of the followers of the Flying Tiger God who tend the shrines, nor quench the ardor of the pilgrims who brave the arduous and often deadly trek up into the highest peaks of Kaliphlin through bandit (and dark beings come south from Nocturnus) infested passes. Some say they have seen the Flying Tiger God far over head as they hike the mountains and heard his voice roaring in their dreams. Fresh claw marks occasionally appear in the cave, and shakes caused by his roars have caused parts of the temples to be rebuilt over the years. It is no wonder that this deity is one of the most popular in eastern Kaliphlin and even beyond. 

51348247214_eea2456c22_c.jpg

Based, of course, on Tiger's Nest Monastery in Bhutan, a real-life place. But it seemed too good to not include in the Guilds somewhere. 

Kaliphlin has some great wonders!  I need to get started on mine (it too will be micro scale)...

I love the scale of the rocks beside the monastery.  The colors of the rock and combination of colors used for the building are nice.  I like the mountain forest out-of-focus in the background - really makes the scene immersive.

I like the fact that the Rakath Mountains extend out above the shot, providing wonder on how tall these mountain regions each (perhaps beyond the cloud on certain days) and as @jtooker mentions, I agree; the mountain forests in the background provide that sense of depth and immersion that bring the scene to life.

The one thing I was intrigued about was the cave which if I'm not mistaken cannot see in the scene. I especially like the use of small minifigure legs within the rockface, never thought of this!

Noticing some fun things like minifigure legs on the cliff as I look at this more closely.  And again I have to say, really great work capturing a complex layout!  The colors of the building also pop super well against the landscape.  Great stuff!

You're really on a roll lately with these immersive builds!  The angles in the building you achieved while embedding it into the rockwork are great, as is the use of those old windows pieces.  :thumbup:

Very nice work!  I like the accuracy.  The rockwork is great, and I really like the Lego background with the trees.  Very well done!

How wow, really beautiful. The Tiger's Nest temple is instantly recognisable. I especially like how you shaped the roof in LEGO form, they do look perfect!

Awesome rockwork, especially the dark tan parts! The part with the vertical stripes is very effective for it's humble size, and I also spot old dark grey for smoother transition, very nice! I like the upper sections of the monastery, very architecturally pleasing, with a nice stairway corridor in the back. Also, modern square lattices in decades old window frames!! Aren't the panes glued in though *huh*? Frankly I'm less fond of the middle section of the building, it's a bit messy where it 'turns around the corner' so to say. Other than that, great addition to the Kali Rakath range. :thumbup:

Absolutely lovely build! I think this style and lore fits perfectly in the Rakath area of eastern Kaliphlin :thumbup: