BardDandelion

Autumn - Forefathers' Eve

My part of collab project we built for Summer Joust this year. We built four scenes, each set in different season of the year and as common motive we used holidays and tradition. I built cemetery and a group of villagers performing Forefathers' Eve ritual.

51347914346_f912bb197d_c.jpg

51347180837_b355f58b25_c.jpg 51347915996_982e6ac357_c.jpg

Hope you like it. ;)

First: it looks great. Nice little graveyard, lots of diffferent textures, nice colours! Love it...

Second: here we have the ridge turret the Donkey has been looking for...desperately! Fits perfectly in style and size...okay, the cross at the top could be a little bit smaller. If You don't mind, the Donkey will "borrow" this design for his own chapel - and of cause he will praise You again and again!!!

I love this so much!  As a fan of fall/Halloween and medieval stuff, especially when it comes to LEGO, everything about this is incredibly appealing to me.  I love all the minifigs too, especially the guy with the scarecrow hat and Jedi robes.

nicely done all around, good stonework, nice landscape, and you get the graveyard 'feel' down very well too. Good work!

Oh no, is it autumn yet? It really came quick. :grin: Joke aside, it's a very neat little scene, but full of interesting details. I like the different monuments on the graveyard, the mushrooms on the tree, even the ghosts floating around. Well done.

On 8/12/2021 at 3:04 AM, BardDandelion said:

Thanks! Wanted to clarify just one thing - Forefathers' Eve is similar to Halloween, but it's Slavic tradition, not Celtic. There are differences. ;)

Thanks for the clarification.  I wasn't sure as I had never heard of it before, and when I looked it up all I could find was that it was a holiday in The Witcher series.  That said, it still gives me Halloween vibes even if it's not actually a Halloween MOC, and I love everything related to the season of fall no matter which tradition it comes from lol.

@Spader @Redhead1982 @Captain Braunsfeld @evancelt
Thanks a lot folks. Glad that you enjoy my build! :D

@Phyre Witcher series is also (in some parts) based on Slavic tradition. For Polish people Forefathers' Eve is well known because of the drama by Adam Mickiewicz under this name. The whole ritual is described there. We wanted to use this collab to share our ancestors traditions and believes - that's why we decided to use holidays as a main theme of a project. You may check spring, summer and winter parts of the collab here in post written by Toltomeja:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/14790571@N21/discuss/72157719318313326/.