Jim

[TC20] Technic Studless Recreation Contest - Voting Topic

17: 10
18: 6
27: 4
22: 3
11: 2
3: 1

Incredible contest, very very difficult to choose! Many entries that I really like, and no points to give…

Congratulations to all contestants and EB!

22:10

23:6

33:4

27:3

11:2

25:1

_________

Fantastic acomplishments by all the participants! I have to admit I was hoping for more non-technic sets to be picked up, but nontheless - nostalgia really kicked in when looking through the entries. Well done guys! You made it really hard to make a fair judgement indeed.

23: 10
17: 6
4: 4
27: 3
42: 2
11: 1

it's damn hard to choose! All works are very cool! Octan - one love!

22: 10

5:   6

20: 4

17: 3

25: 2

27: 1

Honestly, it was hard for me to get into this competition.  Great job by all, but this one did not speak to me in the first place.  That being said, I don't think I should have sat out in terms of not participating in the voting.  

Couple of concerns.  I can't help but wonder if nostalgia affected voting.  I mean, that word seemed to come up as I read building threads much more than a critical  aspects of a build.  In other words, can't help but wonder if the quality of the selection affected voting rather than the quality of the build.  

Also, the voting criteria was odd.  Participants were supposed to recreate an old Lego model, in Technic, but functions were at the of the list in terms of priority?  Lots of entries were simply exchanging beams with LAs, which didn't seem much of a challenge.  

Oh well, again, great job by all.  Don't let my pessimism taint the great work done by all!

17: 10

8: 6

3: 4

37: 3

44: 2

This was a fun competition, I really enjoyed seeing how people overcame some of the challenges of switching from bricks to beams, especially with some of the more complicated models. Good work by everyone, and congrats to the (soon-to-be) winners!

23: 10

17: 6

13: 3

16: 2

18: 1

My first technic set was the orange Porsche (the few technic like sets I had as a kid were under the racers theme) so this competition was a cool way for me to learn about models from the past. The flip side is that made voting difficult but I tried my best to choose based on the criteria and personal preference. Lots of great models to choose from! Good luck to all the participants. 

30: 10
18: 6
17: 4
33: 3
19: 2
4: 1

Thx for your hard work guys, I wish I could give some points to all of you :cry_happy:

8: 10

27: 6

36: 4

17: 3

18: 2

so many amazing entries it’s tough to rank just 6. Hats off to everyone who built something, I don’t think there was a single entry I wasn’t impressed with in some fashion.

11: 10

21: 6

35: 4

44: 3

23: 2

8: 1

Hardest voting ever. I have 13 favourites! And my special award goes to #18, which I liked the most, but unfortunately failed on the main voting criteria, true to the original, because it was too much modified.

It was super hard to pick just 6 entries but my points go to:

33: 10

37: 6

22: 3

23: 2

8: 1

22: 10
38: 6
36: 4
24: 3
11: 2