Sign in to follow this  
omnihash_cz

[SR -FB] - Hilto, island purchase

Dear family! 

I am deeply sorry for delay in my letters but post service is quite scarce here. I hope my letter found you all in good state and shape. I have great news! We managed to acquire a small pristine island nearby. While Abdul and Yasmina are taking care of our base in Poppy Port we kept ourselves busy and sailed around the archipelago. After couple tries and small trades here and there, we finally got the tip. Grand uncle Yussuf, praise eternal Flame his name, outdrunked sailor straight to the floor. He won his dignity, two months wage and map of an old corsair hideout nearby. The treasure is all long time gone but the island itself is the price. Small in size but abundant in greenery and mineral riches. 

Modest tribe of fine native gentlemen lives nearby and use the island as their fishing base. We visited their settlement and talked with their chief in command - chief Kahuka. He was quite reluctant at first despite my best efforts to persuade him with finest goods and gifts. He tried to play me with the good old trick with exotic dinner. The fool wanted to scare me with a scorpion! Only scary part was the taste - even in the middle of the dunes after week without water you can do better. When I expressed my slight concern about cooker's taste half of the tribe took it as a sign of our sissyness. So I send grand uncle for fresh scorpion ti show them how it's done. They tried to argue about some poison but uncle Yussuf has his methods and since the clam accident sixteen years ago no thorn or sting is a match for his mahogany leg. 

51368109286_565d461231_c.jpg

After short successful hunt Yussuf started to prepare second course of our business dinner. He is keeping his waterproof spice bag by his side ever since we left Molokai. That crazy old fool even managed to get himself a proper dry camel turd, he is swearing it doesn't taste half as good on wooden fire. When chiefs wife saw Yussuf cooking proprieties she turned pale but then started to laugh and excused herself for some urgent matter for the rest of dinner. 

51367347567_3f197f1a73_c.jpg

Chief and his guys tried Yussuf's scorpion and had to admit it's the best damn scorpion in their lives. Well they will not fool us, we all know the only reason for cook them is if the other option is sand and camel turd smoke is only thing able to make it taste as something different. When they found out what's our secret ingredient it looked like a massacre preparation for a moment but as I said above, chief is big gentleman and took it with smile. He said he liked our guts but next time we will try something like it he will show them to us with his battle-axe so we can admire them together. We promised no more wonky-ponkies and other funny businesses in forge-able future as the axe was quite mighty and chiefs face unreadable. At the end of the night, we struck a deal and got ourselves a right to settle a town on the island across the Hade's bay from the tribal village for mere ten sets of hookahs payable with first available delivery and two chests of gold, payable next year. 

51369138470_70649f455d_c.jpg

Please send us the aforementioned hookahs and anybody willing to settle down here. Big opportunities awaits those who are willing to step from their shadows.  

Sincere goodbye till my next letter and let the Flame enlighten your paths! 

Edited by omnihash_cz

Interesting story that was also presented with photos. I like the photo with the hookah and the candle holder best.

Fun builds @omnihash_cz! I like the story

How do you get the little bite marks / roughness on the digital pieces?

You can remove the white background behind the text with the Tx button in the editor.

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

Fun builds @omnihash_cz! I like the story

How do you get the little bite marks / roughness on the digital pieces?

You can remove the white background behind the text with the Tx button in the editor.

Thanks, here is the setting/switch:scratch.png