Sign in to follow this  
Kintobor

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Star - Mission#4: Dude, Where's My Space Speeder?

OoC: Sorry for the confusion! I’m 100% good to escape! Just want to try our BEST to save Carvrac, which would mean sort of shouting that we’re ditching with the briefcase AS we ditch with the briefcase. And also didn’t want to leave Bers behind!

Seeing Bers is ready to go, Merei closes the distance with the Speeder. “Kirwin. Ready to move.” As she climbs into the back of the Speeder she prepares to shout out their departure with the briefcase, but only once the door is open and Kirwin has put the pedal to the metal.

Yissam♥ hops into the speeder, keeping a hand hovering over the magical power unit on her armor.

"Remind me to squeeze some extra out of our employer, would you? This briefcase seems nearly as valuable as the speeder!"

4 hours ago, CMP said:

Yissam♥ hops into the speeder, keeping a hand hovering over the magical power unit on her armor.

"Remind me to squeeze some extra out of our employer, would you? This briefcase seems nearly as valuable as the speeder!"

Bers takes Yissam♥'s statement literally as he gives a a semi-awkward thumbs-up.

"Can do, friend."

MM Note: I’m just waiting for Kirwin to start the engine and drive the vehicle out. :classic:

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

MM Note: I’m just waiting for Kirwin to start the engine and drive the vehicle out. :classic:

I think that was the idea.

On 9/19/2021 at 4:20 PM, karmajay said:

Kirwin says" The speeder can go - everyone in! Bers, hit the garage door button before you jump in." Kirwin hands Merei and Yissam a grenade. Smiling at them Kirwin says "Maybe use this as we are driving out the door?" When the door is open Kirwin will start driving out the door.

I was hoping to have the update up tonight, but it's taking longer than expected. I'll have an update for you tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, but trust me, it'll be worth it! :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

I was hoping to have the update up tonight, but it's taking longer than expected. I'll have an update for you tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, but trust me, it'll be worth it! :thumbup:

OOC: No problem and no hurry.

The party quickly make their way into Antony's stolen speeder, all of them making final preparations as the bay doors open to the city. Kirwin sticks the key's in the ignition and turns them, the speeder roaring to life, the headlights aglow and it's systems coming to life. It hovers off the ground as Kirwin pushes forward on the control throttle.

"That sound, that's-"

"The speeder!"

The heroes can hear the sound of the door they had barricaded being rammed as the two figures inside attempted to bust through. Before they can even make it into the warehouse, the speeder takes off into the night, the engine's purr dominating the night's soundscape. Shouts and howlers from the bikers on guard can be heard behind them as the recovered speeder hits the open air lanes.

51505036331_3c3991f2d5_o.jpg

Racing through the traffic of the lower levels, the wind rushing around them, the group finds themselves viewing the city from a different angle. Now speeding along in their own vehicle, the blur of lights and other vehicles becomes nearly distracting as the group makes their way through traffic, passing civilian vehicles, transport trucks, buses, and mobile eateries as they rise up Cosmopoli's levels. The crowded sidewalks seemed like a thing of the past: the space speeder's around them zipped by in as orderly a fashion as possible. The calm is short lived, however: an obnoxious, heavy thrum from speeder-cycles behind the party intensifies. Looking back, the party sees the three bikers guarding the warehouse hot on their tails, wielding weapons and riding their own speeder-cycles! They ride up alongside the Dragoon V4, armed, dangerous, and ready for a brawl!

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

51504229887_105ea06bf4_b.jpg

Turn Order:

Merei (4,6 Two Successes)
Bers (1,5 One Success)
Kirwin (1 One Failure)
Yissam♥ (3 One Failure)

Kidd (4,4,5,6 Four Success)
Robby (1,2,4,5 Two Successes)
Cassandra (1,2,4,5 Two Successes)

THE HEROES

51313574008_4f02c70724_o.jpg
Merei Teo
Age 24 Female, Helioi-Touched Celestial (Born Menahi)
Character Points: 1/11
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 3/3
Proficiencies: Occult 1, Religion 1, Coding 1, Insight 1
Known Spells: Healing Light, Solar Flare, Gravity Sink
Credits: 0
Equipment: Teo Family Pocket-Watch (Kinetic Weapon), Utility Belt (Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success)
Inventory: Æther Brew, Essence of Intellect

51260461662_82ed7809fe_t.jpg
Designation: B3R5 - 3rk (Dutch Thriceman)
Character Points: 1 / 11
Vitality: 6 / 6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Intimidation 1, Athletics 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 10
Equipment: Chain-Greatsword (Standard Kinetic Weapon) Mecha-Plate (Standard Kinetic Armour), AV Rig
Inventory: Shield Booster

hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay) *DRIVER*
Character Points: 2/11
Velocity: 1
Strength: 1
Skill: 1
Smarts: 3
Proficiencies: Coding 1, Culture 1, Engineering 2, Explosives 1, Technology 2 
Equipment: Drone (Standard Long Range Elemental Weapon), Utility Belt
Inventory: (2) Hampering, Contained Elemental Grenades, Plasma Potion, Rusty Wrench (Standard Melee Kinetic Weapon)

51312754253_a894488f4d_t.jpg
Yissam♥ (CMP)
141-year-old feminine Stratitarian
Proficiencies:  Coding 1, Culture 2, Occult 1, Performance 1
Known Spells: Entropic Mending, Spirit Ally, Tongues
Credits: 10
Equipment: Prism Gauntlet (Standard long-range elemental weapon)
Inventory: Essence of Glibness, Essence of Intellect

Antony’s Haast Dragoon V4 Speeder
Vitality: 25 *The Vehicle is considered in good condition when it has hit points remaining*
Velocity: 3
Ram Attack: Three Dice

THE ENEMIES:

51451669592_b0e8227643_o.jpg
Kidd
Vitality: 7/7
Velocity: 4
Strength: 2
Skill: 1
Proficiencies: Pilot 1, Melee Weapons 2, Engineering 1
Equipment: Wire-Wrapped Astro-Ball Bat (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Road Leathers (Standard Kinetic Armour)
Inventory: 10 Credits

51452675213_6bc526f59e_o.jpg
Cassidy
Vitality: 6/6
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Pilot 1, Long Range Weapons 1, Arcana 1
Known Spells: Sonic Sweep, Warding Bond
Equipment: Modified Laser Blaster (Standard Energy Long Range Weapon)
Inventory: 10 Credits, Aetherbrew

51452427246_eb1ae25301_o.jpg
Robby
Proficiencies: Pilot 1, Short Range Weapons 2, Engineering 1
Equipment: Sawn-off Shotgun (Standard Kinetic Short Range Weapon)
Inventory: 10 Credits, Energy Cell

Trait: Mounted- Enemies take up two squares to accommodate their speeder cycles.

-----

Vehicle Chase Combat Rules:

For everyone sans the driver, combat is the exact same as normal. Feel free to get a little experimental and ask questions. The big thing here is the lack of space: you are very limited in how much space you have to move.

For the driver, there are a few key things to acknowledge. Each round will begin with a pilot proficiency check to determine whether or not you have the upper hand, or the enemies have the upper hand, with the enemy collective making the roll with whichever enemy NPC has the highest piloting stat. Having the upper hand means your vehicle will not take damage from any missed attacks that targeted heroes in the vehicle. Not having the upper hand means any attacks that don’t land on you will instead potentially hit Antony’s Dragoon V4. This will be a Piloting Proficiency Skill Challenge, where both the driver and the average of your opponents (in this case, their average gives them one additional die) make contested rolls. Whoever has the highest amount of successes has the upper hand.

As well, the vehicle itself can be used as a weapon. Different vehicles will have different stats. For the attack roll for Antony’s Haast Dragoon V4, the vehicle throws three attack dice. To initiate a ram attack, the vehicle must move into melee range: it cannot already be in melee range when initiating the ram attack.

The vehicle’s movement speed is equal to your Piloting proficiency when making a check: so having no proficiency in piloting gives you a movement of 3. This represents less how fast your car is moving, and more how manoeuvrable you are in front of the wheel.

The actions you can take as the driver are as follows:
Weapon Attack: Just like the normal attack, however, choosing this action incurs one failure result to the pilot proficiency check at the start of the next round.
Cast Magic: Just like the normal Cast Magic, however, choosing this action incurs one automatic failure result to the pilot proficiency check at the start of the next round.
Defensive Driving: All heroes in the vehicle succeed on the first defensive Skill roll made against enemy attacks.
Aggressive Driving: Doubles movement speed based on the driver’s pilot proficiency rank, and doubles the amount of dice rolled for ramming attacks against enemies.
Steady on the Wheel: All heroes in the vehicle succeed on the first offensive attack roll made against enemy attacks.
Use an Item/Switch Equipment: Same as described in the Rules document
Switch Seats: The driver can switch seats with another adventurer. Both the original driver and the new driver must take this action.

MM Note: I understand this is quite a bit, so feel free to ask questions. :classic:

Edited by Kintobor

OoC: Lots to read, worth the wait. Thanks Kinto! Those are powerful foes, so, Karmajay, this is absolutely your fight - those driver actions are awesome - I'd look at Defensive Driving and Steady on the Wheel, because they both rock if I'm reading them right.

Merei's light dims for a moment. "Bers. I am so sorry. This is not the sort of fight you wanted, I'd think. Your sword will be of little use. Unless you can draw them closer." Her flames roil back to life. "I, on the other hand, can do quite a lot." Merei flicks an Aether terminal disk out of her one of her suitcoat's pocket and slams her fist into it, causing light to burst forth. She hurtles it at Cassidy (solar flare level 1).

Also, Kirwin can move the speeder left, right, up, down, diagonally. Just tell me where you want the driver's seat to be and I can move the speeder's position there. The speeder will always be centred in middle of the grid, but you can move the vehicle closer to enemies if you desire for Bers to get into close combat. Remember, coming into contact with an enemy vehicle initiates a free ramming attack should you so desire.

Bers looks visibly upset at the situation, but quickly flares up his processors as he looks towards Kirwin.

"Friend Kirwin, I can maybe take one of these fleshbags out by throwing my CGS but that seems highly inneficient and I'd rather not. But you have a ranged drone for protection do you not. Suggestion. Let me Switch Seats, none of us are profficient pilots anyway so it will probably not matter much otherwise. Although I also observed one of our chasers to be only wielding melee, so if you'd rather I wait until they get close?"

Without the sewnbag here to duel with Bers will reliably support the party as best he can.

"Oh, I'm liking this! I'm liking this very much!"

Yissam♥ reaches over to her AV Rig hovering over Bers' shoulder, switching it on and swiveling it around to catch the action. Reaching over even further, she flicks on the radio, cranking it alllll the way up to something with enough bass to shake the speeder.

"These idiots are gonna making my viewership soar!!!"

With a wide smile, Yissam♥ follows Merei's lead and leans over the door. Bracing her weapon arm with her free one, she fires a crystallizing beam at Cassidy with her Prism Gauntlet.

@Kintobor Kirwin says to Bers" I have a feeling they are going to try to box us in no matter what and then your close fighting skills will be much more useful then mine!. Hang on, I'll get you closer!" Kirwin then moves C5-B5-B4 and RAMS Kidd. They then perform DEFNSIVE DRIVING for their Action.

OOC: So the movement is up and then to the left to have Bers directly next to Kidd.

Edited by karmajay

OOC: So I guess my option is Defend self?

Bers armors up by redirecting his power output towards putting up as much defensive plating as possible, restricting mobility for superior defense as the armored plates around his body move around and stack up in an attempt to repel an potential attack.

3 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

OOC: So I guess my option is Defend self?

No, if you wished to attack Kidd you could strike him at C3, seeing how Bers would be positioned at D3 due to where Kirwin has positioned the speeder.

OoC: Can Bers? I’m not sure how order works, but Bers goes after Kirwin, so attack wouldn’t be possible then, right, because he isn’t in position until after his turn?

16 minutes ago, Zepher said:

OoC: Can Bers? I’m not sure how order works, but Bers goes after Kirwin, so attack wouldn’t be possible then, right, because he isn’t in position until after his turn?

My mistake, this is true. I had a long day at work and I'm a little sleepy.

I'll have the first round of combat rolled later tonight.

Gotcha! Just play the hits then!

Merei keeps the tiny spark flickering in her hand, unable to use it at the moment, and instead clenches her fist, ripping Cassidy away from the speeder (gravity sinkhole trying to move them to the right to D10).

ROUND ONE

51515912095_96ba77a4e4_b.jpg

Upper Hand Role
Kirwin Piloting Proficiency Check: (3,4,5) Two Successes
The Bikers Piloting Proficiency Check: (1,1,6,6)

Tie: Attacks that miss Heroes do not hit the Speeder

Merei invokes Pulling Point (5: One Success!) One damage dealt to Cassidy. Moved to D10
Bers defends himself (+2 Dice to next defence roll)
Kirwin moves to B4, rams Kidd. (2,5,5) Two Successes vs. (2) One Failure. Two Damage to Kidd. Activates Defensive Driving
Yissam fires her Prism Gauntlet at Cassidy (+1 Success) One Success vs. (4,4) Two Successes. No damage taken.

Kidd attacks Bers (2,5 +1 Success) Two Successes vs (Auto Success, 3,5,6) Three Successes. No damage taken
Robby moves to B2, attacks Kirwin (2,6 +1 Success) Two Successes vs. (Auto Success) One Success. One damage taken.
Cassidy moves to B8 attacks Yissam (1 +1 Success) One Success vs. (Auto Success) One Success. No damage taken.

Board repositioning....

Combat begins with a flurry of shots from both sides as the speeder continues to ascend. Merei clenches her fist as magic surges around her. Cassidy's speeder lurches to side as the sounds of an engine stalling echo over the chaos before roaring back to life, scratches and dents ripping across the side of the vehicle's chassis. Bers steels himself for the expected blow from Kidd as Kirwin steels their focusing on the throttle to defend their allies from the oncoming round. Steering the Dragoon V4 to the left, Kirwin rams the speeder into Kidd's bike, causing a cacophony of steel on steel screeching as Kidd's bike is smashed by the bulkier Haast speeder. Yissam♥ makes some adjustments to her AV Rig as it floats round Bers, firing a shot at Cassidy from her gauntlets, missing it's target as the round cascades off of her speeder cycle. As the heroes finish their initial volley the bikers close in, as Robby and Cassidy reposition themselves. Kidd's astro-ball bat cracks againgst Bers' defensive plating, not even budging the adamite. Cassidy fires a round of her laser blaster at Yissam♥, the green streak of energy flying over her head, but KIrwin finds themselves less lucky as Robby's shotgun blast finds him peppered by the attack, wounded by the attack. Robby grits his teeth, grinning as he reloads his gun.

"Pull over, greenhorn, and we might let you off within an inch of your lives!"

The battle continues...

THE HEROES

51313574008_4f02c70724_o.jpg
Merei Teo
Age 24 Female, Helioi-Touched Celestial (Born Menahi)
Velocity: 2
Skill: 2
Spirit: 2/3
Proficiencies: Occult 1, Religion 1, Coding 1, Insight 1
Known Spells: Healing Light, Solar Flare, Gravity Sink
Equipment: Teo Family Pocket-Watch (Kinetic Weapon), Utility Belt (Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success)
Inventory: Æther Brew, Essence of Intellect

51260461662_82ed7809fe_t.jpg
Designation: B3R5 - 3rk (Dutch Thriceman)
Character Points: 1 / 11
Vitality: 6 / 6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Intimidation 1, Athletics 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 10
Equipment: Chain-Greatsword (Standard Kinetic Weapon) Mecha-Plate (Standard Kinetic Armour), AV Rig
Inventory: Shield Booster

hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay) *DRIVER*
Character Points: 2/11
Vitality: 4/5
Smarts: 3
Proficiencies: Coding 1, Culture 1, Engineering 2, Explosives 1, Technology 2 
Equipment: Drone (Standard Long Range Elemental Weapon), Utility Belt
Inventory: (2) Hampering, Contained Elemental Grenades, Plasma Potion, Rusty Wrench (Standard Melee Kinetic Weapon)

51312754253_a894488f4d_t.jpg
Yissam♥ (CMP)
141-year-old feminine Stratitarian
Proficiencies:  Coding 1, Culture 2, Occult 1, Performance 1
Known Spells: Entropic Mending, Spirit Ally, Tongues
Credits: 10
Equipment: Prism Gauntlet (Standard long-range elemental weapon)
Inventory: Essence of Glibness, Essence of Intellect

Antony’s Haast Dragoon V4 Speeder
Vitality: 25 *The Vehicle is considered in good condition when it has hit points remaining*
Velocity: 3
Ram Attack: Three Dice

THE ENEMIES:

51451669592_b0e8227643_o.jpg
Kidd
Vitality: 5/7
Skill: 1
Proficiencies: Pilot 1, Melee Weapons 2, Engineering 1
Equipment: Wire-Wrapped Astro-Ball Bat (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Road Leathers (Standard Kinetic Armour)
Inventory: 10 Credits

51452675213_6bc526f59e_o.jpg
Cassidy
Vitality: 5/6
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Pilot 1, Long Range Weapons 1, Arcana 1
Known Spells: Sonic Sweep, Warding Bond
Equipment: Modified Laser Blaster (Standard Energy Long Range Weapon)
Inventory: 10 Credits, Aetherbrew

Robby
Proficiencies: Pilot 1, Short Range Weapons 2, Engineering 1
Equipment: Sawn-off Shotgun (Standard Kinetic Short Range Weapon)
Inventory: 10 Credits, Energy Cell

Trait: Mounted- Enemies take up two squares to accommodate their speeder cycles.

MM Note: I believe everything is correct. Let me know if there's any mistakes.

Edited by Kintobor

Bers revs up his Chain-Greatsword and takes a swing at the now adjacent Kidd. Attacking the meatsack to the best of his ability in this, for him, unusual situation.