Sign in to follow this  
Kintobor

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Star - Mission#4: Dude, Where's My Space Speeder?

Yissam♥ quietly tiptoes over to the work bench and attempts to access the computer.

Bers starts scanning the room to see if the sewnbag is nearby and what nearby doorways / hatches are around to check incase the sewnbag isn't here. Still eager for a duel.

11 hours ago, Zepher said:

Merei would like to look around the room, trying to find a number of separate things. First, she wants to determine where the voices are coming from (and especially if there is a window in that direction). Next, if anything significant has been removed from the speeder. Third, and most importantly, if there is any sign of a briefcase. She will poke her head out of the grate if she has to, but will do it slowly, calmly, letting the dog she is aware of it but means no harm.

Merei determines fairly quickly that the voices are coming from a room past the speeder's end. (To the left of the photo). Merei can see a closed door, but it's clearly not soundproof as voices continue to flood into the makeshift garage.

"I told you: no deal. If your boss wants the briefcase so badly, they can bid on it just like the rest of the swindlers, crooks, and cutthroats that are going to be present."

"And I'm telling you unless you want to replace that prosthetic leg you'll take my employer's offer and hand over the keys to the speeder and everything inside it."

"I don't have the stinking keys! You'd have to make do with what my boys did to hot wire the vehicle."

"Oh, I'm quite aware of what your boys had to do to hot wire it." The more boyish voice drips of sarcasm at their last comment.

Merei Nature Proficiency Check (DC:1): (1,3,6) One Success

Merei slowly lifts the grate up as Bella continues to chew away at the large chunk of meat, her jaws gnawing on bone, realizing that the safest place to be with this hound is away from it's food. As Merei moves closer to the vehicle, she spots a large briefcase in the back seat, nestled on top of the plush faux leather. A combination lock keeps it closed.

Looking around, it doesn't seem like anything of value has been taken out of the speeder.

5 hours ago, CMP said:

Yissam♥ quietly tiptoes over to the work bench and attempts to access the computer.

Yissam♥ finds the computer currently open on a paused game of Asteroid Blasters. Clicking off the game and moving the mouse around, she quickly finds a few folders of interest.

-In
-Out

- Grav Lock Mechanism Controls
-"ATTENTION: TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER GOES THE SPOILS!!!"

Would Yissam♥ like to open any of the digital folders?

4 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Bers starts scanning the room to see if the sewnbag is nearby and what nearby doorways / hatches are around to check incase the sewnbag isn't here. Still eager for a duel.

Based on the commotion happening in the back room, it's likely the mystery assailant is in the back, arguing with the other individual.

3 hours ago, karmajay said:

Kirwin looks around the space for any door controls that allow the speeder to leave the area.

Kirwin takes a moment to look around, finding a set of door controls built into the wall. Once the doors were open, it was likely they'd all be found.

Kirwin hears the voices in the other room. Looking at the tools and mechanical pieces on the ground, Kirwin uses their engineering knowledge to use those items and work on securing the door so the people can't come through it .

OoC: Just to clarify, the door controls Kirwin found is for the front door, yes? And then there is a second interior door that leads to the two voices we're hearing, right? Which one is Kirwin trying to jam shut?

Still afraid of making any noise by speaking, Merei lifts the briefcase for her party members to see, and gives a thumbs up, hoping to indicate to them that it is important. She then puts it back where she found it. She mimes turns keys in an ignition, then mimes her hand flying through the air towards the front door. They need to get the speeder out somehow. Finally, she makes eye contact with Bers, and nods to him, holding up two fingers and pointing towards the door behind which she has heard voices. She walks to the outside of the door, waiting for the others to do what they're going to do. If this is the door Kirwin is locking, she shakes her head sadly and whispers the faintest whisper. "Carvrac. Can't leave him to danger. Now we have two objectives: free the speeder and save him."

1 minute ago, Zepher said:

OoC: Just to clarify, the door controls Kirwin found is for the front door, yes? And then there is a second interior door that leads to the two voices we're hearing, right? Which one is Kirwin trying to jam shut?

MM Note: So, to answer two questions: Kirwin has found controls for the front door. The voices are coming from the interior door. As for which door Kirwin is jamming, that's up to them. :classic:

17 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Based on the commotion happening in the back room, it's likely the mystery assailant is in the back, arguing with the other individual.

Bers makes his way towards the back, Chain-Greatsword clutched in hand, he moves to open and enter into the room.

Yissam♥ disables the grav lock mechanism and takes a peek at each other folder in the following order: HIGHEST BIDDER, In, and Out.

OoC: Totally cool! So Merei has communicated that she thinks they shouldn't block that door, so they can save Carvrac, who appears to be in danger! BUT she won't stop you from doing it if you do it! Want to give you an opportunity to respond in character, definitely don't want to squash your roleplay, do what you think you'd do! It may even be the wiser decision. Just want to be clear that she has said she thinks they should go in and help him, instead of bolting! EDIT: Instead of JUST bolting. She definitely wants to get the speeder out of here ASAP as well.

OOC: I'll stick with the blocking of the door. All we know is he is the head of a criminal ring PLUS Kirwin assumes the tough guy may chase after them once we get the speeder out of here

10 hours ago, CMP said:

Yissam♥ disables the grav lock mechanism and takes a peek at each other folder in the following order: HIGHEST BIDDER, In, and Out.

After inputting a few prompts from the computer, Yissam♥ manages to unlock the grav lock's on the side of the Haast Dragoon V4, bright red lights on the flooring flickering before dying out.♥

Using what time she has, Yissam♥ searches through the other documents.

--LISTEN UP!!--

If you're receiving this message, it means we think you'd be interested in what we have to offer. The Wings of Fury have recently come into possession of an item most valuable: a brief case containing personal work documents from a Haast project lead. The briefcase's contents have not been copied or altered, but the case has been opened to verify its contents. In order to keep things fair, we'll be bidding on the item in question. Starting Bid is 250 credits. Bids will be in 10 credit increments. I don't care what you use it for once it's in your hands: just keep my name out of it. To the highest bidder go the spoils!

-Carvrac

(Benny, just make sure this message gets printed and delivered to the other gangs in the region. We want to drum up interest quick and get this briefcase off our hands pronto.)

--IN--

Sypher Slipstream --- New Model, hardly used, it'll sell for a pretty penny once it's plates have been scrubbed and the heat dies down.

Drae-Co Dolphin --- Another fairly new model. There's a stain that'll have to get removed, but once it's out we can probably resell it fairly quickly.

Haast Equinox V1 --- Ugh, a classic model, but it's in poor condition. This one would be better off scrapped.

Haast ??? --- I have never seen this make of speeder before, and neither has the crew that hotwires them and provides us with product. Must be some new model not in full production yet. We may need to sit on this one a little bit longer, but hot damn if this speeder isn't a beauty. If we can find a discreet enough buyer, this thing could make us rich!

--OUT--

Sypher Slipstream --- Scrubbed and Sold

Drae-Co Dolphin --- Scrubbed and Sold

Haast Equinox V1 --- Scrapped

Haast Dragoon V4 --- Pending

11 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Bers makes his way towards the back, Chain-Greatsword clutched in hand, he moves to open and enter into the room.

16 hours ago, karmajay said:

Kirwin hears the voices in the other room. Looking at the tools and mechanical pieces on the ground, Kirwin uses their engineering knowledge to use those items and work on securing the door so the people can't come through it .

Bers moves to confront the mystery assailant and Carvrac, but finds Kirwin preparing to secure the door to ensure the occupants of the room have a hard time leaving to allow for an escape.

MM Note: So, these two actions directly come into conflict with one another, and I figured I'd let you two discuss this to ensure both of you come to a solution that works with both of you. I'd hate to have Bers barge in, only to be locked in the room due to Kirwin's action.

Kirwin sees Bers moving to the door and whispers, "Bers, the quicker we get this speeder out of here the quicker the mission will be over and you can drink your fill back at Heroica Hall! Maybe just guard the door in case they break through before we have the speeder ready to go!"

Merei nods along with Kirwin. "Once the Speeder is ready to go, we knock," she suggests to Bers. "We'll get the thing out. We might still be able to help Carvrac. You may still get your fight."

18 hours ago, Zepher said:

Merei nods along with Kirwin. "Once the Speeder is ready to go, we knock," she suggests to Bers. "We'll get the thing out. We might still be able to help Carvrac. You may still get your fight."

Disgruntled Bers remains silent as he stands motionless in front of the now locked door, blade still clenched in hand and combat mode still active as his red eyes reflect off of the door.

As much as he was looking for a fight he was also the one who suggested Merei would lead the mission and therefor decides he should at least listen to her orders.

The Heroes

51260461662_82ed7809fe_t.jpg
Designation: B3R5 - 3rk (Dutch Thriceman)
Character Points: 1 / 11
Vitality: 6 / 6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Intimidation 1, Athletics 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 10
Equipment: Chain-Greatsword (Standard Kinetic Weapon) Mecha-Plate (Standard Kinetic Armour), AV Rig
Inventory: Shield Booster

51313574008_4f02c70724_o.jpg
Merei Teo
Age 24 Female, Helioi-Touched Celestial (Born Menahi)
Character Points: 1/11
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 3/3
Proficiencies: Occult 1, Religion 1, Coding 1, Insight 1
Known Spells: Healing Light, Solar Flare, Gravity Sink
Credits: 0
Equipment: Teo Family Pocket-Watch (Kinetic Weapon), Utility Belt (Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success)
Inventory: Æther Brew, Essence of Intellect

hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay)
Character Points: 2/11
Velocity: 1
Strength: 1
Skill: 1
Smarts: 3
Proficiencies: Coding 1, Culture 1, Engineering 2, Explosives 1, Technology 2 
Credits: 0
Equipment: Drone (Standard Long Range Elemental Weapon), Utility Belt
Inventory: (2) Hampering, Contained Elemental Grenades, Plasma Potion, Rusty Wrench (Standard Melee Kinetic Weapon)

51312754253_a894488f4d_t.jpg
Yissam♥ (CMP)
141-year-old feminine Stratitarian
Character Points: 1/11
Velocity: 1
Strength: 1
Skill: 1
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 3/3
Proficiencies:  Coding 1, Culture 2, Occult 1, Performance 1
Known Spells: Entropic Mending, Spirit Ally, Tongues
Credits: 10
Equipment: Prism Gauntlet (Standard long-range elemental weapon)
Inventory: Essence of Glibness, Essence of Intellect

With the group coming to a consensus on how to move forward, Kirwin begins to block the door.

Kirwin Engineering Proficiency Check (DC: 2): (1,2,4,5,5) Three successes

Working deftly and quietly, Kirwin manages to create an impromptu door bar fairly easily. Should the heroes make off in the speeder, it should block whoever is on the other side long enough to escape the warehouse.

“I know you are unhappy not getting to fight, Bers, but I think we should take a moment to appreciate a good impromptu lock when we see one.” Merei says as Kirwin finishes his work, not trying so hard to keep her voice down any longer. “Kirwin, this is your show for the moment. How are we getting this speeder on the move? Shall you drive?”

"Oh sure, let's check to see if this thing is intact." Kirwin uses engineering to make sure the speeder will still function

3 hours ago, karmajay said:

"Oh sure, let's check to see if this thing is intact." Kirwin uses engineering to make sure the speeder will still function

Kirwin Engineering Proficiency Check (DC: 1): (3,4,5,5,6) Four Successes

Lifting up the hood an looking the vehicle's engine over, Kirwin is fairly confident that the vehicle is functional and that all of the mechanical parts are accounted for (except the vehicles tracker, but that's not necessary for the vehicle to function). Although covered in junk, it could be easily moved off once the heroes were ready to move out. All one would need to do at this point is get in and start the engine, an act which will likely draw attention to the heroes' actions.

A series of shuffling noises erupts from the room Kirwin bolted. The sounds of smashing glass and something heavy being pushed against the floor follow as grunting and pained gasps fill the air.

"Alright... alright, fine! Let me go you!"

"You'll give me the speeder and the briefcase?"

"Y-yes, yes, fine, just let go of my arm!"

"Good. Now then, let's get that briefcase and speeder into my hands so that I can get you the credits you need."

It looks as if the heroes are running short on time until they were discovered. What will they do?

Bers grins

"Hmm sounds like the sewnbag has got the upper hand friends, an interesting meatling it seems indeed. If Kirwin can't get the speeder started in time.. I'll be ready."

As Bers still remains motionless in front of the sealed door.

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Kirwin Engineering Proficiency Check (DC: 1): (3,4,5,5,6) Four Successes

Lifting up the hood an looking the vehicle's engine over, Kirwin is fairly confident that the vehicle is functional and that all of the mechanical parts are accounted for (except the vehicles tracker, but that's not necessary for the vehicle to function). Although covered in junk, it could be easily moved off once the heroes were ready to move out. All one would need to do at this point is get in and start the engine, an act which will likely draw attention to the heroes' actions.

A series of shuffling noises erupts from the room Kirwin bolted. The sounds of smashing glass and something heavy being pushed against the floor follow as grunting and pained gasps fill the air.

"Alright... alright, fine! Let me go you!"

"You'll give me the speeder and the briefcase?"

"Y-yes, yes, fine, just let go of my arm!"

"Good. Now then, let's get that briefcase and speeder into my hands so that I can get you the credits you need."

It looks as if the heroes are running short on time until they were discovered. What will they do?

Kirwin says" The speeder can go - everyone in! Bers, hit the garage door button before you jump in." Kirwin hands Merei and Yissam a grenade. Smiling at them Kirwin says "Maybe use this as we are driving out the door?" When the door is open Kirwin will start driving out the door.

OoC: I'm not sure we're able to use grenades. Or if we're the best bet for them without proficiency. 

"Kirwin. Prepare the speeder to go. But I'm not sure Bers is leaving without a fight." Merei stations herself equidistance between the door to the sewnbag and the speeder. "Bers. Once we open the garage door we can shout threats at them. I think they are likely to try to follow. The speeder could give us the upper-hand. They want that briefcase." Wheeling around the others: "Open the door. I am with Bers. I want to show this person we mean business, so they do not turn on Carvrac. But not if it means endangering the speeder or ourselves."

17 hours ago, karmajay said:

Kirwin says" The speeder can go - everyone in! Bers, hit the garage door button before you jump in." Kirwin hands Merei and Yissam a grenade. Smiling at them Kirwin says "Maybe use this as we are driving out the door?" When the door is open Kirwin will start driving out the door.

Bers finally turns around, sprints up to the button and smashes into it with his fist with just enough lack of force not to completely break it and hops into the speeder. Bers is ready to go.

1 hour ago, karmajay said:

OOC: This is probably my last action since it seems we are out of time and we don't have a majority wanting to escape. I'll wait to post again until after the battle starts.

OOC: Nah I'm good, Merei wanted to escape after all and Bers is listening to her / I think Zepher might have missed the Speeder being ready to go as in the last comment Merei asked Kirwin to prep it for escape.