Sign in to follow this  
Kintobor

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Star - Mission#4: Dude, Where's My Space Speeder?

As Yissam♥ begins to question Sid, Mel begins to speak up, waving her hands.

51421271739_85ef2911c1_o.jpg
"Look, I really appreciate the help you four have been offering, but I think it's time that you-"

51421492610_afa4e600d8_o.jpg
"No, Mel." Sid interrupts. "If these four are crazy enough to think they can take that sword-wielding whirlwind on, let 'em." Sid straightens himself to the best of his ability before continuing to speak. "The assailant came in here half an hour ago asking who I sold a Blue Haast Dragoon V4 to. It's a fancy freaking speeder. I told them I sold it to the Wings of Fury Speedercycle Club, which is true. Their clubhouse is an old warehouse a few layers down: it has the distinction of not having anything built on top of it. I figured I might as well let Carvrac handle them, maybe bunch their teeth in." Sid goes into a coughing fit. "If Mel wasn't here to administer the adrena-needles... I'd probably be dead right now... and if you four didn't show up when you did... well, I'll be counting my blessings going forward."

Edited by Kintobor

"That's our direction then," Merei says, glancing over at the computer as Kirwin and Bers talk about the assailant. "Would the Wings of Fury be able to defend themselves against this... sewnbag, or are they in imminent danger? How can you get us to them quickly? A secret entrance? A password we can offer?"

Kirwin looks over there shoulder at the group and says "Agreed on our path but I'm wondering how this person is aware of the speeder? If we have been tasked by you know to find it who else would be sending someone to find it?"

"That is a wonderful question, Kirwin. One the... sewnbag will be very capable of answering. Unless you advertised somewhere unwisely?" she asks of Sid.

7 hours ago, Zepher said:

"That's our direction then," Merei says, glancing over at the computer as Kirwin and Bers talk about the assailant. "Would the Wings of Fury be able to defend themselves against this... sewnbag, or are they in imminent danger? How can you get us to them quickly? A secret entrance? A password we can offer?"

"In terms of criminal elements on Cosmpoli, the Wings of Fury are small fry, but they're still armed and dangerous. I don't know what the assailant's going to do once they get to the warehouse, but the gang's loaded to the teeth. When I went to deliver the speeder to Carvrac, I went straight through the front entrance of the warehouse. I doubt you'll have such an easy time. The Wings of Fury may be well armed, but they're also not the brightest group around. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to sneak in."

4 hours ago, Zepher said:

"That is a wonderful question, Kirwin. One the... sewnbag will be very capable of answering. Unless you advertised somewhere unwisely?" she asks of Sid.

Sid shakes his head feebly.

"Carvrac and I made the deal in person: we supply him with cars, he pays us a percentage of the speeder's value once sold on the black market. Considering the assailant came to me and not straight to Carvrac, I'd guess he still has the speeder."

19 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Since his companions didn't speak up Bers finally decides to pop the question...

"Also, who is this Carvrac you speak of friend Sid?"

Sid coughs hoarsely before responding.

"A thug with enough experience to back up his threats. He's been the leader of the Wings of Fury since it was created, if I recall. Dude's a prick with a cruelty streak, but he knows when to keep things quiet and when he can get away with something more rash. He approached me since he heard my crew were decent mechanics and could work fast. Money was tight, and he was willing to pay in credits up front for any high end speeders we stole. I won't lie: my crew were doing petty crimes before Carvrac showed up, but this ain't worth it." He raises his bloodied stump, covered in glitches in reality.

14 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"A thug with enough experience to back up his threats. He's been the leader of the Wings of Fury since it was created, if I recall. Dude's a prick with a cruelty streak, but he knows when to keep things quiet and when he can get away with something more rash. He approached me since he heard my crew were decent mechanics and could work fast. Money was tight, and he was willing to pay in credits up front for any high end speeders we stole. I won't lie: my crew were doing petty crimes before Carvrac showed up, but this ain't worth it." He raises his bloodied stump, covered in glitches in reality.

"Sounds like you ought to find a better line of work, hmm? Maybe start with an apology to the people working down at the Red Comet! I'm sure they'd appreciate it."

Yissam♥ turns her head towards the group.

"For now, it sounds like we've got places to be, and not a lot of time to be in them. I'm ready to move out whenever you guys are!"

Kirwin looks down at Sid while deep in thought. After a minute they raise their finger closer to Sid's face. After another minute they start to smile.  "Remember Sid, Crime doesn't pay! By the way, your hand is in the dishwasher if you need it. Good luck!"

As Kirwin turns toward the group to follow them out the door they say to the group  "It took me a second to get the perfect one-liner but I really think I nailed it!" 

"Well done, Kirwin! I suppose all that is left for us to do is to go back down and attempt to figure a way into the warehouse. As my friend said, Sid, best of luck to you." Merei joins the others in descending. "Uliz can help us. We could explain the situation to him. He seems to value his clients' safety."

9 hours ago, karmajay said:

Kirwin looks down at Sid while deep in thought. After a minute they raise their finger closer to Sid's face. After another minute they start to smile.  "Remember Sid, Crime doesn't pay! By the way, your hand is in the dishwasher if you need it. Good luck!"

As Kirwin turns toward the group to follow them out the door they say to the group  "It took me a second to get the perfect one-liner but I really think I nailed it!" 

"...can it not be in the dishwasher?"

9 hours ago, CMP said:

"Sounds like you ought to find a better line of work, hmm? Maybe start with an apology to the people working down at the Red Comet! I'm sure they'd appreciate it."

Yissam♥ turns her head towards the group.

"For now, it sounds like we've got places to be, and not a lot of time to be in them. I'm ready to move out whenever you guys are!"

Sid doesn't respond, but Mel gives Yissam♥ a grudging glare for her patronizing comment.

Having gotten the information they needed, the group leaves the condo and descends back to the ground floor. As the doors open, a group of medics waits in the lobby, looking to get past the heroes. They carry with them bulky plastic cases full of medical equipment. Uliz seems flustered, turning to the heroes and sneering.

51408347927_38f9d8de91_t.jpg
"Just what is the meaning of this? You four- where do you think your going? I've been informed that there's been a medical emergency on the third floor condo. You lot are responsible for this, aren't you?" Uliz points an accusatory finger at the party.

Kirwin helpfully tells one of the medics walking by "There is a hand in the dishwater up there if you need it!"

"No, Uliz, we were not responsible. You might be though. My understanding is that you are responsible for the safety of the tenants in this building. One had their hand cut off during your watch, by an assassin who snuck into their room. That same assassin is targeting people on the first floor of this very same building. Carvrac. Floor one warehouse. Will you let them know that we are coming to assist them?"

11 minutes ago, Zepher said:

"No, Uliz, we were not responsible. You might be though. My understanding is that you are responsible for the safety of the tenants in this building. One had their hand cut off during your watch, by an assassin who snuck into their room. That same assassin is targeting people on the first floor of this very same building. Carvrac. Floor one warehouse. Will you let them know that we are coming to assist them?"

There's been a bit of a misunderstanding here. The warehouse your going to is not the warehouse beneath Melbrook Heights, but rather is a separate location. That's a mistake on my end.

"Carvrac?" Uliz mouth twists in a look of confusion before shaking his head. "No, no, the warehouse below is owned by the Westward Liquidation Company, not some Carvrac figure. Also, we would refer to that as the "ground floor", not the first floor. We are using the Imperial system here, not some League notions of designating floors in a structure or dwelling.

Besides, the Liquidation warehouse is not even the lowest building on this spire. Everything in this planet was built upon the ruins far, far below the uppermost levels of the planet. There are some... interesting things in the ruins beneath the city, but it's also not a place for the foolhardy or the unprepared."

MM Note: Due to the recent rules update, Meditate is no longer a spell. Zepher, if you could tell me which spell you would like to replace Meditate for Merei I can add it into your known spells list for the remainder of the mission.

16 hours ago, Kintobor said:

There's been a bit of a misunderstanding here. The warehouse your going to is not the warehouse beneath Melbrook Heights, but rather is a separate location. That's a mistake on my end.

"Carvrac?" Uliz mouth twists in a look of confusion before shaking his head. "No, no, the warehouse below is owned by the Westward Liquidation Company, not some Carvrac figure. Also, we would refer to that as the "ground floor", not the first floor. We are using the Imperial system here, not some League notions of designating floors in a structure or dwelling.

Besides, the Liquidation warehouse is not even the lowest building on this spire. Everything in this planet was built upon the ruins far, far below the uppermost levels of the planet. There are some... interesting things in the ruins beneath the city, but it's also not a place for the foolhardy or the unprepared."

"Security friend, the assassin who attacked your tenant Sid is headed for the Wings of Fury Speedercycle Club next, have you heard of it?"

"A rather unsavoury layer of town you're heading off to. I can provide you with the coordinates if you would hold on for a moment..." Uliz mumbles under his breath as he pulls up the coordinates on his computer. "Here. Go North five blocks and then West two blocks. You'll then need to descend to the lowest level accessible from a public lift to reach this warehouse of theirs. Seems as if though there's nothing above the warehouse, despite it having a number of floors. Now, if there's nothing further we have to discuss, I can show you to the door."

OoC: 1) You my have been totally clear that the warehouses are different places, maybe I just rammed them together in my head by accident. 2) As I said, my meditate was actually an illegal action - I assumed that I didn't need it prepped to use. So basically I never took it, and my earlier meditation works under the current rules, but not the former.

"Thank you for the directions, Uliz. I would highly recommend you pay careful attention to what happened here today. If it is your duty to protect those in the building, you have failed." Merei says this as kindly as she can before leaving.

"Failed? I don't even know what's going on?" Uliz crosses his arms and reclines in his seat. "Now, if you're done berating me, get out."

The heroes step outside of Melbrook Heights and out onto the sidewalk, the sounds of the city echoing at this depth. It might be a few minutes before a bus arrived. A hover ambulance was parked outside the condominium, it's red and blue lights casting colour into the shadows of the recesses of buildings.

MM Note: To sort of get an idea of how you intend to proceed, I'd like to direct the conversation a little. How do you intend to approach the motorcycle club? Stealth? Deception? Just go in guns blazing? I'd like to know so I can prepare a little in advanced.

11 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Failed? I don't even know what's going on?" Uliz crosses his arms and reclines in his seat. "Now, if you're done berating me, get out."

The heroes step outside of Melbrook Heights and out onto the sidewalk, the sounds of the city echoing at this depth. It might be a few minutes before a bus arrived. A hover ambulance was parked outside the condominium, it's red and blue lights casting colour into the shadows of the recesses of buildings.

MM Note: To sort of get an idea of how you intend to proceed, I'd like to direct the conversation a little. How do you intend to approach the motorcycle club? Stealth? Deception? Just go in guns blazing? I'd like to know so I can prepare a little in advanced.

OOC: We would probably need to see the place or have a blurb about it to determine that method. Although honestly we will probably just saunter on in when we get there lol

"Well, sneaking around really isn't my forte. I'm much more of a planetary center-of-attention kind of girl. But if we do, Kirwin and I miiiight be able to toy around with their security systems. I'm a-okay with trying to sneak up to the warehouse."

7 hours ago, karmajay said:

OOC: We would probably need to see the place or have a blurb about it to determine that method. Although honestly we will probably just saunter on in when we get there lol

I was going to say this almost word-for-word hahaha.

"I am in agreement with Yissam♥. My personal forte isn't sneaking - it feels dishonest, and in this particular case, while Carvrac is dangerous, we are arriving with a warning. A genuine warning, that they must receive quickly. That being said, it might be wiser to sneak to begin with, if only to get a better lay of the land. I too can help with the security systems. Then, if we feel it is smart, we can approach Carvrac and deliver our warning, or, if things go poorly, we can job into action and defend them against our sewn enemy."